IGNORED

Fake Callaway FT9?

Note: This thread is 1266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It appears legit to my aging eyes but I'm not sure how one would really be able to tell the difference from a few photos online. If you haven't bought it I'd recommend ensuring it comes from a reputable seller. If you have bought it maybe take it a Callaway demo day and have the rep take a look at it.

And, if you've bought it and like the way it hits, who cares if it's legit - at least until you go to sell it, anyway?

Looks real. Looks are easy to fake but sound and weight can be a better indicator. Did that ‘hyperbolic’ sticker come on the new ones?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What makes you think it might be fake? That is the question.

There is absolutely nothing about it that would make someone think it was.

And....in case you didn't know, these date back to about 2010.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• iacas changed the title to Fake Callaway Ft9?
8 hours ago, Shorty said:

What makes you think it might be fake? That is the question.

There is absolutely nothing about it that would make someone think it was.

And....in case you didn't know, these date back to about 2010.

Seller only asking $50.00 for what appears to be new condition.

Serial number starts with "3" instead of the usual "6" that is on all the other FT-9's for sale.

I do know it dates back to 2010. I have a growing collection of everything Cally made dating back to the GGB from the late 90's.  Back then is when I started playing the game and was one of those that would pay full retail for the new Cally drivers, woods....etc. Of course the price paid for them held my swing back for some reason as I was always worried about dinging the new club. Since getting back into this I have been buying clubs for a fraction of what they sold for. Been building the collection since 2015 and having fun cleaning and touching them up. Now when I go to the range I swing without that Nagging thought going thru my head about dinging the thing up.....LOL

Call it weird I guess, but having learned how to do all my own work has taken my game to new levels. Reshafting, gripping, and modifying is just making it more fun. I like these I-mix heads as I can prepare and try different shafts while practicing.

I went ahead and bought the FT-9 in question, and since Ebay offers buyer protection I really have nothing to lose right.

Along the way though I did get jilted on a FT iZ 3&5 wood that looked great in the photos, but turned out to be knockoffs. Magnet sticking to the crown, fake fill hole and all, but the seller quickly refunded.

Just thought I'd ask about the new driver here as maybe some of you have actually had one of these back when they came out.

thx

Mike

• iacas changed the title to Fake Callaway FT9?

Pretty sure it's fake. Has that cheaper fake look that some Callaway's have. Might be wrong as it's so old and my memory of that club isn't great, but the lettering looks clunky, the face looks overly shiny, and the textured section on the sole doesn't look quite right.

Even if real, I don't know that I would pay $50 for it. You can spend a little more (still under $100) and get something better in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, Adam C said:

Even if real, I don't know that I would pay $50 for it. You can spend a little more (still under $100) and get something better in my opinion.

@Mikem65d, I agree with this. You can get newer and better drivers for a little bit more money. Why bother with this club?

1 hour ago, Mikem65d said:

Of course the price paid for them held my swing back for some reason as I was always worried about dinging the new club.

This is silly, no offense. Clubs are for hitting. If you have some "collector's clubs," then hang em on the wall. Otherwise, swing and hit the ball...hard!

1 hour ago, Mikem65d said:

having learned how to do all my own work has taken my game to new levels. Reshafting, gripping, and modifying is just making it more fun.

I doubt this has made your game better because such things do not enhance your golf skills, but I agree that it may be more fun.

By the way, I like Callaway woods as well. I have an Epic Flash Sub Zero driver, Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w and 5w, and an Epic Flash heavenwood.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Mikem65d said:

Seller only asking $50.00 for what appears to be new condition.

Asking market value for something doesn't imply it's fake. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 5.42.20 am.png

• Like 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 1266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!