IGNORED

Best golf ball....UMM???

Note: This thread is 5786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which is the best....??

• Titleist ProV1
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Nike ONE Platinum
    • Callaway Tour Xi
    • other...please explain!

sound advice. I used a Penn Championship to win a game of skins last weekend. Easily to find on the course.

congrats! i've hit a few but never have putted any, how do they putt? do they even fit in the hole?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they JUST fit, but don't go all the way down-I have a feeling that i would slice a tennis ball more-there is more ball to come over the top on.

i'll bring one tomorrow (my first round!!!!) and hit one on the range

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• 2 weeks later...
I pick the Taylor Made TP Red. Perfect feel off every club. The others have a marshmellow feel. The only drawback of the TP Red is that it isn't very durable.

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

I with you...I generally use whatever decent ball I have handy. I know that hitting NIke One Black and PLatinum gives an awesome flight.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

TM tp black is one fine ball. Distance, spin, feel, it's all there and in the rigth combinations for my game

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

Pro V1 all the way. Tried the Nike One Platinum a round and hated it, but I decided to give it another chance and hated it again. Stickin with the Pro V.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

yeah i am a high handicapper also and i buy whatever is the best buy one get one at the store... do balls really make a big diference?

Hard question...

A very good player will still play well with a rock A very poor player will still play poorly with a well fitted ball... From the poorest fitting ball to the perfect ball for you maybe there's 4-5 strokes in it? Dunno? In the end the ball that fits you will allow for a more enjoyable time out on the course.

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

i just started using the Tour iX today and it's a great ball.

I bought a sleeve of 3 along with the Maxfli blackmax & the bridgestone 330 but the Callaway seems to be the best.

I range during the year from a 6 to an 8 handicap and used to always love playing the Titleist Tour Balata back in the 90's, then the Professional and like the Pro V's now. But for the money ($20 for 2 dozen), you can't beat the Laddie X. I play 2-3 times a month, in the past year I have shot 67 at a local muni and also shot as high as 86 at a tougher course a few hours from here. The one constant was the Laddie X. I agree with the earlier post that a good golfer will still be good no matter the ball, as a bad golfer will still be a bad golfer with a Pro V in his hand.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

TM tp black is one fine ball. Distance, spin, feel, it's all there and in the rigth combinations for my game

I agree 100%! TM Black TP is a underrated ball. Plus, it got the best stats in the Golf Digest Magazine on Balls.

"Eliminate All Compensations."

Bag: 2008 Warbird
Driver: R7 425 10.5 (s)
3 wood: R7 stIrons: RAC MB TP 2-PWWedges: SV 56*10, SV Black Satin 60*10Putter: Anser 4Balls: Black

I range during the year from a 6 to an 8 handicap and used to always love playing the Titleist Tour Balata back in the 90's, then the Professional and like the Pro V's now. But for the money ($20 for 2 dozen), you can't beat the Laddie X. I play 2-3 times a month, in the past year I have shot 67 at a local muni and also shot as high as 86 at a tougher course a few hours from here. The one constant was the Laddie X.

I agree with this too. However, when I play with my favorite ball (Pro V1x), I shave 3-5 strokes almost without exception. IMO, there's a big difference between a round in the high 70's and a round in the low 70's.

But back to the primary topic. My favorite is the Pro V1x because my approach shots hit, take one bounce and stick. With the Pro V's, I'm very prone to spinning the ball off the front of green - which is worse than simply coming up short from an emotional standpoint! I haven't seen an appreciable difference off the tee, but I realize that most people do.

Driver: R7 425 TP w/ stock Fujikura stiff shaft
Hybrid: 16 degree baffler pro with stiff Fujikura Speeder shaft
Irons: X-20 tour 3-PW w/ 6.0 Project X shafts
52 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft
56 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft60 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaftPutter:...

• 3 weeks later...
I've made plenty of mistakes when purchasing balls. Ideally, you should use a ball that you can compress. The more you can compress it the further it will travel. You also may be interested in a softer ball that spins, less. I don't know where you struggle. You may hit short irons well but struggle with the driver. A little info on your game may help.

Good selections right there. I'll second that Laddie....24 for $19....not too bad. They perform well. I also saw some Precept Lady balls selling for $9 / dozen new. These arne't bad, either.

I'm gonna try the TopFlite Game next.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I voted for the Tour ix (Callaway). I don't play with them normally mainly because of the cost and I find the NXT Tour to still be a good ball but closer to my price range. I would prefer to play with the Tour ix but simply can't justify it at my handicap level.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!