IGNORED

My First Eagle

Zippo
Note: This thread is 1028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats! If I may, I would suggest you try a 5 wood off the deck instead of the three. If it took you a drive and a 3 to get there, you may have been over the green with the loft and carry a 5 wood offers slower swings. I carry a 1-3-5-9, and only hit the 3 off the tee when I want a controlled ball movement draw or fade (at least 2 times a round), or off the deck into the wind.  If I want pure, high, long and straight, I hit the 5 wood. Off the deck most amateurs would be better served hitting the 5 wood and leaving the three wood in the bag. My kid, who can really bang it still uses a SLDR 5HL off the deck. What he can do with it borders on the obscene.

Edited by Esox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nicely done!  Don't forget to claim the achievement for your signature line :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations!!!

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

Yes, I did it! My first eagle on a par 5. Granted it was only a 475 yard hole from the white tees but so what? I did it! Banged a decent drive and smoked (for me) a 3 wood. Ended up 3 feet from the pin and actually managed to 1 putt it. Yaaaay! Of course, the rest of my round was typically lackluster but, hey! I made an eagle! And it was duly witnessed! And fist bumps. I got fist bumps! Yaaay!

It was on the 13th hole of a course that I played many years ago and swore I would never play again but that's where the group was playing this week so there you go. Virtually all of the fairways at this course have a severe slope from high left to low right so those of us who normally have a small fade on our drives are at a disadvantage. Also, the fairways are clay and bone dry which also helps explain my distance on the eagle hole. But, who cares? They gave me a double circle on the card! Yaaaay!

standing ovation GIF

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!