IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

iacas

2 hours ago, Cayleb00 said:

I work on a weld line in a factory, kinda sucks. I'm on 2nd shift wich also sucks, I hate rushing rounds and outings in the morning. Looking for something better but it is what it I right now. 

Welcome to TST.   We're glad you've joined!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I need to provide an update since I first posed on this topic.  

I am now retired from that large oilfield service and equipment company who liked to be known as No Other Vendor. 

These days I dabble in maintaining a few golf related websites so yes I am still one of those IT nerds on here. 

I am also active in 3 different golf tournament organizations.

Edited by RickK

• 4 weeks later...

In Nursing though now managment rather than on a ward as such. Manage services for people with addictions (normaly to substances not golf!)

Very flexable in terms of hours i have to do, so able to play in the week once normaly (as well as a weekend game), either a morning in winter or evening in the summer.

Am now working with a German pharmaceutical company doing Cash Collections for their Brazil office, based out of Bangalore India.  Work hours start at 4pm local time and go on till 1 to 2 am.  Whenever possible I try to put in early morning golf rounds during the week.  When staying with my folks I try to go thrice to four times a week to my home course where I am a member.  In town, I tend to play once a week due to cost and availability of playing partners.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Reno71 said:

Director of a large hotel on the Waikiki beach 🤪

Right on, had a nice office at the HHV for many years, and now if I go to Waikiki its the Halekulani; as in the nights before the Honolulu Marathon. Welcome!

I work in IT specifically cloud computing now.   One of the great things about IT is that you can do it from anywhere.   I currently work from home, as my employer doesn’t have any corporate offices around me.  However our customers are everywhere, so a lot of us work remotely and only go to customer sites.   It gave me the ability to spend days at home with my two daughters until they went to kindergarten.  So I was very, very blessed that my girls know me as well as their mother since we were always together.  

• 2 weeks later...

I work in IT as an escalation support engineer for a vendor who makes switches, routers, access points and that kind of equipment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a product consultant and work for myself. The products are mostly software-oriented and distributed in the legal, finance, and real estate industries. My reward for finishing a day of work is a practice session of golf.

• 5 weeks later...

I am a police officer in a city south of Boston, 6 years so far. I work the midnight shift to give myself more time for golfing, although it doesn’t always work out as planned haha. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Markdd91 said:

I am a police officer in a city south of Boston, 6 years so far. I work the midnight shift to give myself more time for golfing, although it doesn’t always work out as planned haha. 

Thank you for your service.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.