IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

iacas

I guess I need to provide an update since I first posed on this topic.  

I am now retired from that large oilfield service and equipment company who liked to be known as No Other Vendor. 

These days I dabble in maintaining a few golf related websites so yes I am still one of those IT nerds on here. 

I am also active in 3 different golf tournament organizations.

Edited by RickK

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

• 4 weeks later...

In Nursing though now managment rather than on a ward as such. Manage services for people with addictions (normaly to substances not golf!)

Very flexable in terms of hours i have to do, so able to play in the week once normaly (as well as a weekend game), either a morning in winter or evening in the summer.

Am now working with a German pharmaceutical company doing Cash Collections for their Brazil office, based out of Bangalore India.  Work hours start at 4pm local time and go on till 1 to 2 am.  Whenever possible I try to put in early morning golf rounds during the week.  When staying with my folks I try to go thrice to four times a week to my home course where I am a member.  In town, I tend to play once a week due to cost and availability of playing partners.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Reno71 said:

Director of a large hotel on the Waikiki beach 🤪

Right on, had a nice office at the HHV for many years, and now if I go to Waikiki its the Halekulani; as in the nights before the Honolulu Marathon. Welcome!

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

I work for an electric utility company as an engineer that designs the structures that keep power lines in the air. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I work in IT specifically cloud computing now.   One of the great things about IT is that you can do it from anywhere.   I currently work from home, as my employer doesn’t have any corporate offices around me.  However our customers are everywhere, so a lot of us work remotely and only go to customer sites.   It gave me the ability to spend days at home with my two daughters until they went to kindergarten.  So I was very, very blessed that my girls know me as well as their mother since we were always together.  

—Adam

• 2 weeks later...

I work in IT as an escalation support engineer for a vendor who makes switches, routers, access points and that kind of equipment.

• Like 1

cheers Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a product consultant and work for myself. The products are mostly software-oriented and distributed in the legal, finance, and real estate industries. My reward for finishing a day of work is a practice session of golf.

• 5 weeks later...

I am a police officer in a city south of Boston, 6 years so far. I work the midnight shift to give myself more time for golfing, although it doesn’t always work out as planned haha. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Markdd91 said:

I am a police officer in a city south of Boston, 6 years so far. I work the midnight shift to give myself more time for golfing, although it doesn’t always work out as planned haha. 

Thank you for your service.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 3 months later...

Hi there, I'm an M&A advisor. Luckily nearly half the office plays golf, including the boss, so he arranges every year a corporate event at a fancy golf course, a good way to keep us away from the office for the day.

• 5 months later...

I’m an airline pilot, based in London (although I’m originally from Scotland). 

We’re very fortunate to have an enormous worldwide route network, with loads of opportunities to play golf when on a trip. If a member of the flying staff recreation club, we also have access to golf clubs kept at the hotels we use (usually a number of sets), and deals with local clubs at the destination. Many of us will travel with our own clubs, though.

At home, I mostly play at Richmond Park Golf Club and the London Scottish Golf Club.

Any tips, for courses worth seeking out, appreciated!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...