IGNORED

Dented Driver?

Davie81
Note: This thread is 909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got my Cobra SZ white driver a few months back but only just recently noticed theres a small uneven part on the edge which I’ve circled in the photo. Can anyone confirm if this is a dent or if someone has this driver, can they can check and see if they have the same? I can’t think of anywhere where I’ve dented it and I’m wondering if it’s maybe just the chassis in the club with the t bar etc? You can also feel a ridge or something similar going up to the left of the vertical red line which isn’t smooth either which I’ve tried to highlight in the second pic but it’s barely visible on camera. You can feel it with your finger. Again I’m wondering if it’s just part of the chassis as I can also feel a part on the head which isn’t completely smooth but there’s no indentation on the head part.F7CF814D-81BB-45D6-93DF-D455A4B8E2CB.thumb.jpeg.893f929996075015667d281df229077e.jpeg

816CA9CF-4340-48BB-9B6F-3019B5A941CF.jpeg

Edited by Davie81

4 hours ago, Davie81 said:

I got my Cobra SZ white driver a few months back but only just recently noticed theres a small uneven part on the edge which I’ve circled in the photo. Can anyone confirm if this is a dent or if someone has this driver, can they can check and see if they have the same? I can’t think of anywhere where I’ve dented it and I’m wondering if it’s maybe just the chassis in the club with the t bar etc? You can also feel a ridge or something similar going up to the left of the vertical red line which isn’t smooth either which I’ve tried to highlight in the second pic but it’s barely visible on camera. You can feel it with your finger. Again I’m wondering if it’s just part of the chassis as I can also feel a part on the head which isn’t completely smooth but there’s no indentation on the head part.F7CF814D-81BB-45D6-93DF-D455A4B8E2CB.thumb.jpeg.893f929996075015667d281df229077e.jpeg

816CA9CF-4340-48BB-9B6F-3019B5A941CF.jpeg

A57225E1-03A5-4FEE-80FD-61A564F4246D.jpeg

I’m not sure if Cobra has these changes in the decorations, but your colors aren’t the same from the pic I sent. Where did you buy your driver? Possible fake? Looks like a defect.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

A57225E1-03A5-4FEE-80FD-61A564F4246D.jpeg

I’m not sure if Cobra has these changes in the decorations, but your colors aren’t the same from the pic I sent. Where did you buy your driver? Possible fake? Looks like a defect.

Think that’s the extreme version in the pic. Got mine from my club pro who ordered from cobra direct.

Gotcha. But your pic does look like that’s a crease and not part of the design. At least imo.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Gotcha. But your pic does look like that’s a crease and not part of the design. At least imo.

I agree. I’d take it back to the club pro. 

On 9/26/2021 at 11:26 PM, Zippo said:

I agree. I’d take it back to the club pro. 

I emailed Cobra this week as I’m struggling to get to the golf club. They came back saying it’s part of the speed insert and absolutely normal so that’s a relief. Spoke to the pro last night who’s seen one without the cover on it etc and said it’s ok.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!