IGNORED

The Stack System - A Conversation on Gaining Swing Speed

iacas

18 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

I probably should've added that I got a mevo+ during this time frame as well, making it easy for me to monitor angle of attack, swing speed, path, and face to path. That's probably contributed some to the improvements. 

Do you use the Mevo+ to track the swing speeds with the stack app? If so, any issues with that?

Just now, iacas said:

My point was that +5 MPH in clubhead speed should be +7 MPH ball speed, not less. Unless you're planning to make much poorer contact. 😄

Gotcha. I'd be ecstatic with upper 170s ball speed, 5mph clubhead increase seems realistic based on that video you posted earlier in this thread.  

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, klineka said:

Do you use the Mevo+ to track the swing speeds with the stack app? If so, any issues with that?

I don't, I use the PRGR just because it's much easier to setup and the battery life seems endless with it.

image.png

I tested the PRGR against the Mevo+ and they're pretty much the same. The only issue with the mevo+ is the battery life, which at the driving range tends to last me about an hour, but I usually have sleep mode off so I'm sure I could drag it out much longer than that if I needed to.

It took some getting used to accepting the fact that I swing much slower than I thought. The PRGR works great though for the Stack System. It gets the job done. The mevo+ is almost definitely more accurate just based on the difference in cost alone. Maybe I'll use the mevo+ for my next Stack session just so I have a better answer here in the future. 

*if anyone's wondering, to use the Stack System, you need some sort of way to measure your swing speed without hitting a ball, and both the PRGR and mevo+ do that.

Constantine

7 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

I don't, I use the PRGR just because it's much easier to setup and the battery life seems endless with it.

image.png

I tested the PRGR against the Mevo+ and they're pretty much the same. The only issue with the mevo+ is the battery life, which at the driving range tends to last me about an hour, but I usually have sleep mode off so I'm sure I could drag it out much longer than that if I needed to.

It took some getting used to accepting the fact that I swing much slower than I thought. The PRGR works great though for the Stack System. It gets the job done. The mevo+ is almost definitely more accurate just based on the difference in cost alone. Maybe I'll use the mevo+ for my next Stack session just so I have a better answer here in the future. 

*if anyone's wondering, to use the Stack System, you need some sort of way to measure your swing speed without hitting a ball, and both the PRGR and mevo+ do that.

Gotcha. Good to know. I have a mevo+ too and I also have the blue Swing Speed Radar from back a few years ago when I had DIY Superspeed sticks so I'll probably compare them and post back here with my findings once I get the stack system 

image.png

31 minutes ago, klineka said:

Gotcha. Good to know. I have a mevo+ too and I also have the blue Swing Speed Radar from back a few years ago when I had DIY Superspeed sticks so I'll probably compare them and post back here with my findings once I get the stack system 

image.png

Yea that's probably fine. The PRGR is the next step up from the blue swing speed radar. Yea, let us know the differences between the blue and the mevo+ in this regard. 

Constantine

• Administrator

I wouldn't bother to compare the two, because they could kinda mess with each other if they're going at the same time, and the fact is that the blue one is not in the same class. It's fine as a comparative tool when comparing swings to itself, but it gives some weird numbers sometimes and relies on the "clubhead" swinging through a pretty tight space. Its pulse rate isn't super high, either.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

How much better is Stack than Super Speed?

I could definitely use some additional swing speed, but I'm debating whether the price here is worth it. I have and use my Super Speed sticks still. I like that those are easy to pick up and the sessions are pretty quick. The downside is that I'm doing the same things every time and not getting more guidance/support on how to improve. With Stack, it seems like the big positive is the customized workouts through the mobile app. How long do the workouts take?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

The workouts or sessions last about the same length or less if you were doing the opposite side swings with the super speed protocols.

I think the artificial intelligence and super customized programming in the Stack is worth the price of admission alone.

• Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, DeadMan said:

How long do the workouts take?

The first one took me like 38 minutes but that's because it's a baseline test and I screwed something up with the app at one point. It took another thirty minutes to figure everything out with the app and get things setup properly too. The subsequent workouts I was completing in about 19 minutes apiece, but there's a fairly substantial warmup involved. I try to work up something of a sweat before I even start, so I'll warm up/work out for a good 30-40 minutes before the actual speed training/Stack workout.

It's similar to track and field type training where the warm up is two, two and half times longer than the actual training itself. 

Constantine

• Administrator

I never did the warmups. 🙂

Just now, iacas said:

I never did the warmups. 🙂

Yea you definitely don't have to do them. I was gonna say "there are people who roll out of bed and do them and are fine." 😄

Constantine

• Administrator

Integration with the Mevo+ is dead easy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

On 1/9/2023 at 12:43 PM, JetFan1983 said:

image.png

I have and use a mevo+. At home and at the range, I just attach the mevo+ to a battery backup/ charger and it will last hours. Essentially,  the battery backup is charging the mevo the whole time it is plugged into the unit. I like the ones that come with a magnetic plug, so you don't have to set the battery on wet grass if it is plugged into the mevo+ with a cord. I'm traveling, or I would have taken an actual picture of the battery attached to the mevo.

finger-power-4_grande_d0b0cf1e-34d9-4698-bf98-8c38d14ef8e0_grande-700x700.jpg

Edited by Bunkerblaster
Added content.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

4 hours ago, Bunkerblaster said:

I have and use a mevo+. At home and at the range, I just attach the mevo+ to a battery backup/ charger and it will last hours. Essentially,  the battery backup is charging the mevo the whole time it is plugged into the unit. I like the ones that come with a magnetic plug, so you don't have to set the battery on wet grass if it is plugged into the mevo+ with a cord. I'm traveling, or I would have taken an actual picture of the battery attached to the mevo.

finger-power-4_grande_d0b0cf1e-34d9-4698-bf98-8c38d14ef8e0_grande-700x700.jpg

Thank you! Appreciate it.

Constantine

My order is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Excited to get started. I'll be sure to post updates here and in my swing thread too.

I got the Stack yesterday and did the baseline. Everything feels really high quality and had no issues connecting the Mevo+ to the app. I do wish there was an iPad specific version since it doesn't fill up the whole screen but not a big deal there. I really liked how it automatically sent the data from the Mevo+ to the app, significantly easier than having to write each speed down in a notebook like I had been doing in a previous speed training program.

I should have re-read the first post in this thread prior to starting and just paid more attention in general because the first set of 10 swings which I now realize was supposed to be with my current driver, I interpreted that as like "driver weights" which I thought meant put all the weights on the stack and do 10 swings with those. 

After I went through the rest of the baseline, my stack speed is 97 and my eSpeed is 105 so not too far off from where I'd expect to be with my driver on the course, so I don't think I need to redo the baseline even though I messed up a little.

I think the hardest part for me will be sticking to their schedule, I want to jump into an actual program today but I will hold off until tomorrow per the app's recommendations.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, klineka said:

I really liked how it automatically sent the data from the Mevo+ to the app, significantly easier than having to write each speed down in a notebook like I had been doing in a previous speed training program.

You wouldn't have to do that anyway. The Stack app has voice recognition, so you can just say "one hundred two" or whatever and it will enter it for you.

After I went through the rest of the baseline, my stack speed is 97 and my eSpeed is 105 so not too far off from where I'd expect to be with my driver on the course, so I don't think I need to redo the baseline even though I messed up a little.

I would re-do it. Why not? Plus, all the weights on the Stack is not like your driver. It's much heavier, with a higher swing weight.

I think the hardest part for me will be sticking to their schedule, I want to jump into an actual program today but I will hold off until tomorrow per the app's recommendations.

Just do them when you're told, ideally, so your "grit" score stays high. 🙂

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

I would re-do it. Why not? Plus, all the weights on the Stack is not like your driver. It's much heavier, with a higher swing weight.

Yeah I suppose I could. Wouldn't hurt.

55 minutes ago, klineka said:

Yeah I suppose I could. Wouldn't hurt.

I screwed up the baseline test and had to re-do it too. I couldn't get voice to work, screwed around with it at the halfway point, lost my progress, and had to restart. I think screwing up the first day is pretty normal 😄 Good luck! I'm hoping to restart the program within the next two weeks.

Constantine