IGNORED

What was your score on your first full 18?

under_par
Note: This thread is 5863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What was your first score on your first full 18??

• 100-110
    • 110-120
    • 120-130
    • Trying to forget :)

Alright folks there has been too much talk of breaking pars lately so here is my questions for everyone so please be honest.

What was your score on your first 18?

This is like your first kiss or your first date which many can not forget. Mine was 135 on a par 72 at Lake Chabot golf course in Northern CA. This one was a nasty one that had hills with narrow fair ways and balls that plugs due to the ground condition. This also had a par 6 660 from the blue and 680 from the tips. So as you can see this was not a course that I wanted to loose my golf virginity to but I will never forget it

Ok people what was your real score...we all been there so please share :)

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

Jeez my first regulation Par 72 was when i was 8.. im 15 now.. (well 16 in 30 mins.) So it was awhile ago. But I didnt keep score that day. I'm pretty sure I was in the 100's for my first 18 hole score. Maybe a 102-105.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Jeez my first regulation Par 72 was when i was 8.. im 15 now.. (well 16 in 30 mins.) So it was awhile ago. But I didnt keep score that day. I'm pretty sure I was in the 100's for my first 18 hole score. Maybe a 102-105.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dent!!!!!!

wait you are too young for that Enjoy your 16 B-day!

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

Ahhah Thank you! uh oh.. arrest me.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

As an 11 year old child golf prodigy, I fired a 63-over 135 in my first junior tournament. Maybe my father showing up unexpectedly, catching me smoking Marlboros and beating the crap out of me on the fourth tee affected me. That was in 1960.
This is embarrassing: I am so old that Jack Nicklaus won that tournament (no joke). In nineteen eighty something, I actually did shoot under par.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Honestly I cant remember, I just played so much as a kid.

I can imagine it was pretty bad tho, 100+ for sure

no idea. that was 30 YEARS ago!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

2006. I still have the scorecard: 136.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I was too young to remember and I didnt know any of the rules so the score wouldnt have been accurate. I am sure it was over 100. The only thing I remember about my first round was that on the 1st hole I sank a really long putt at least 30 feet. I remember my dad saying "Ok well we don't need to work on your putting." Ha! that is the worst part of my game now!
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

It was two years ago next month, and I do believe it was 128.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I still remember that day very clearly. June 21 2005 at Miry Run Country Club in NJ. I still have the scorecard, as matter of fact. I shot 106. And didnt break that score again until September..lol. But I havent shot over 100 since.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

145 for me...didn't even go to the range or anything. I was watching Winged foot and asked my dad to take me out. I had so much fun, even though I sucked.

It was 2 weeks ago, I shot an 89 on a par 70 course.

I was very surprised how well I did, but I did go to the range 4-5 times per week for a couple months and played a few par 3's before the full 18.

I broke 80 my first time out.

180 that is.

I shot a 178 at Alondra Park G.C. in August of 2006.

I'm within a few shots of cutting my first score in half with an upcoming score

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I broke 80 my first time out.

Now that is honesty!!! Look at how far you have come since your first time. Keep it up!!

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!

I voted trying to forget because I have long forgotten. I was probably 12 years old maybe and I think it was on an Air Force golf course or something and I had some type of cut down clubs. I know it was with my old man and I had a few lessons(3 or 4) before I went out. I don't think we even kept score because pops was too busy given me pointers and drinking some Natural Light.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Note: This thread is 5863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!