IGNORED

Who has the best short game in PGA?

andre112
Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I did a forum search. Couldn't find anything related.
So delete if it's repeated.
Anyways, as the topic.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Tiger Woods has the best short game,he also has the best long game,middle game,mental game ,Oh and he's the best putter as well

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Well, I have to say that tiger is the best because of his amazing par saving putts. But Phil would be the best at really difficult shots, and the rest are all about even for the small easy chips.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Philly Mick is the best of the rest, but still can't touch Tigers short game.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Tiger Woods, the way he saves par with his putting are amazing. Also those birdie bombs he drops are awesome too.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

i meant short game as wedge play, bunker, pitch, chip, etc.
excluding putting.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Tiger is still better than the rest, even if putting is not included.

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

John Daly, of course

obviously i'm joking

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

You joke, but John Daly is one of the most naturally talented golfers around, his short game is also superb.

100% tiger. Phil is number 2 but cmon, tiger is the best at every part of the game, mental, long, pitching, chipping and putting.

Though, the person that spins the ball the most is phil :D - ridiculous.

I saw Sabbatini at Oakmont at the practice green by the range...you wouldnt believe the crowd he drew while hitting soft flops and 1 skippers that stopped on a dime out of the rough and the sand...he stood out there and was putting on a show...he looked a lot better than anyone else i saw there that week at chipping and putting..really really amazing stuff--hed almost take a full swing-from 5 yards in the rough--but his swing was soo slow that it looked effortless--it was really amazing

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Zach Johnson always impresses me with his short game.

Spoke with him at Carnoustie for a few minutes about short game and putting also and he is a great guy.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

Excluding putting, as the thread-starter requests - it has to be Phil Mickelson, of the current crop. His use of the wedges is jaw-droppingly amazing. Tiger's pretty good too but, to be fair, he doesn't get much chance to show off because his approach/recovery shots are usually outstanding.

Looking back into the mists of distant times, Seve Ballesteros was verging on unbelievable. Olazabal, Jimenez (except for that cock-up in the US Open a couple of years ago), Garcia give some idea of the Man but couldn't come anywhere him in the flesh. He could make the ball sit up and beg before it popped down the road to get him some cookies, then came back and nestled up by the hole. Fabulous.

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!