IGNORED

Snowbot - Autonomous Snowblower

nevets88
Note:Β This thread is 811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I wonder how often this thing will get stuck or how it moves about the limited area of a sidewalk.Β 
Β 

My guess is the unit costs 5K USD.Β 

Β 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

While it's a clever idea, it's not practical for areas that get much snow, especially wet snow.

Wet snow that freezes because it rained on top of the snow then went down to 8F overnight and now you have a glacier to remove.😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Wet snow that freezes because it rained on top of the snow then went down to 8F overnight and now you have a glacier to remove.😜

We had rain and freezing rain followed by wet heavy snow.Β  Β Unclogging the shoot was quite common yesterday.Β  Β That little thing wouldn't have made it out of the garage.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

Okay, a few things.Β 

1. They should have shown that thing doing the driveway.Β 
  2. The initial opening shot shows the house and the area planned for the "Snowbot" but it also shows tire tracks on the driveway because apparently the folks have been in and out already and just drove over the snow, mashing the snow down on their driveway.Β 
  3. That looks like a couple million dollar home. Get a snow service to take care of your snow removal.Β 
  4. How did the bot remove her car, clear the snow and then put the car back?
  5. You have a home like that in a place where it obviously snows a lot and no garage? ... What's wrong with you?
15 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

So, true.Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

• Administrator

That front parking lot is for guests. The tracks go into the back and leave out of the back. That's where their garage is. πŸ™‚

That thing wouldn't work in Erie. It might not even get out of its spot after it was covered in 2' of snow itself.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

That front parking lot is for guests. The tracks go into the back and leave out of the back. That's where their garage is. πŸ™‚

So, the guests get a lovely clear parking lot. But then they end up in the ditch next to your driveway? ... Maybe you can program the robot to bring them a sandwich and a cup of hot coffee?

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

So, the guests get a lovely clear parking lot. But then they end up in the ditch next to your driveway? ... Maybe you can program the robot to bring them a sandwich and a cup of hot coffee?

The other day, early in January when we had our first big storm, the snow was over my snowblower, which is 2' tall on the sides of the sidewalk, and gas-powered. This thing wouldn't have made it a yard.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

You would need like 5 extra batteries, and have it just run constantly during a bit snow storm. Have it make multiple passes.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

The other day, early in January when we had our first big storm, the snow was over my snowblower, which is 2' tall on the sides of the sidewalk, and gas-powered. This thing wouldn't have made it a yard.

I have a beastly Ariens Snowblower. It can chuck snow a long way. It used to be a necessity when we lived in Iowa. There were a number of times the snow in the driveway was over the top of the snowblower. Here in Columbus we get a couple inches and people run to the store to buy up the bottled water. I almost never use my snowblower now. I've actually had problems with the gas in it going bad. Where we are now the ice is a bigger issue than the snow. I wonder if they could figure out a way to get that little guy to spread salt?

I also wonder how the SnowBot deals with odd shapes and curvy walkways and such?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I have a beastly Ariens Snowblower. It can chuck snow a long way. It used to be a necessity when we lived in Iowa. There were a number of times the snow in the driveway was over the top of the snowblower. Here in Columbus we get a couple inches and people run to the store to buy up the bottled water. I almost never use my snowblower now. I've actually had problems with the gas in it going bad. Where we are now the ice is a bigger issue than the snow. I wonder if they could figure out a way to get that little guy to spread salt?

I also wonder how the SnowBot deals with odd shapes and curvy walkways and such?

My neighbor has an electric snowblower.

I'll start 45 minutes after him, I have twice as much sidewalk as him, and be done 45 minutes before he's done after throwing snow for about 45 minutes. It regularly takes him 2x+ as much time.

This thing would also need to weigh a bunch to provide any traction at all against wetter, heavier snow.

I think it goes for 3600, 3700. Around that neighborhood.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Hi Guys,

Ken Kohlmann here from the Snowbot.Β  This was an early video that was made from by a commercial video company based in China where the unit is manufactured.

We're actually moving our headquarter's to the US and we've done extensive testing here so far this winter.Β  We have 80 beta units spread out across North American and recently testing the Snowbot S1 (beta unit) in the 2ft blizzard that his Boston, MA.

It did great!Β  We take the approach that although the unit can take in 12" of snow at a time in a single pass, the idea is to run it often (every 4 or 5 inches or so).Β  This way the snow never gets a chance to freeze and the Snowbot works through the storm keeping your driveway clear.

As to the weight of the unit it comes in at about 145lbs, we're actually looking to lighten it up a bit.

Because we're taking the approach of working through the storm, it's the same idea behind robotic lawnmowers (micro-mulching).

The retail unit will have some improvements, but our beta unit really impressed us in this last storm and the retail unit will also include a wireless docking station.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.Β  We're absolutely slammed with questions and interest at the moment.Β  That being said, if you have a question, ask away and although it may take me a little while, I will make sure we answer every question that comes our way!

Thanks,

Ken

• Administrator

@Kenneth Kohlmann, I'd be happy to test one out here in Erie, PA.

We were, after all, within half an inch of setting the all-time record within the past few years, and this winter hasn't exactly been easy either:

2022-01-17 10.04.01.jpg

πŸ˜„

P.S. My Husqvarna snowblower handled that snow like a champ.

P.P.S. What stops someone from rolling up to my house and stealing my Snowbot?

I like the idea. It would seem that it needs to be bigger - more stability perimeter weighting and a power cavity πŸ™‚

Should be heavier to not struggle when it hits ridges or ruts - about 300 lbs.

Track-driven.Β 

And, finally, run on diesel.Β Would sell for about 17k

Β Pay Day Loop GIF

Β 

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*Β  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Your reputation as a B.A.M.F.Β 

On 2/3/2022 at 7:59 PM, iacas said:

@Kenneth Kohlmann, I'd be happy to test one out here in Erie, PA.

We were, after all, within half an inch of setting the all-time record within the past few years, and this winter hasn't exactly been easy either:

2022-01-17 10.04.01.jpg

πŸ˜„

P.S. My Husqvarna snowblower handled that snow like a champ.

I was in Erie this winter and we're planning to go back!Β  I actually used to own a Husqvarna dealership (I had an Ariens 28", myself), I will have an EGO 2 stage, but don't use it anymore since the Snowbot.

I'm guessing that's about 2 feet of snow...that's what we faced in our last test in Andover, MA on 01-29-22.Β  The Snowbot handled it really well, but it was also dry snow (a lot of it).Β  I had no problem keeping up with the storm, even during the 2 - 4 inch per hour periods.

We are improving the performance in wet snow for the retail very launching soon (actually we're improving a lot of things).

As for someone stealing it...first when you lift it up past a certain point an alarm will sound.Β  Second you will get notified via the app if the Snowbot leaves your property, this is done via GPS.Β  Lastly you can follow your Snowbot for a very long period of time (days), even if someone turns off the main switch or hits the "emergency button", so you call the police, provide the location information and have it recovered.

The alarm should really be enough to scare most thieves away though!

Note:Β This thread is 811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!