IGNORED

LAB Golf Mezz

JPitts

10 hours ago, trod said:

I bought a Mezz max. I’ve played 3 rounds with it and putting has been a few stokes better each round from my previous putter. I didn’t get fitted but I’ve had a putter fitting before so I kinda know what fits my stroke. Not sure if it’s the press grip, weight or what but definitely like the putter. As for as keeping the putter square during the stroke, I think that’s more the user than the putter. 

When I received my DF 2.1 I was able to putt around in my basement for a day or 2 and then everything felt great on the golf course. No 3 putts, lag putting was fantastic and made a few from 20 feet. Hoping that stays around and right now it's a keeper. Just feels comfortable and my son has started calling me the "Old Man with the Frying pan"

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB

Driver-TM Stealth+,3 wood-Tour Edge E722,5Wood-Callaway Rogue, Hybrids-Tour Edge EXS220 & Sub70-949X

Irons-Sub70 699V2, Wedges-Sub70-JB, Putter-LAB Directed Force, Ball-Maxfli Tour S

10 hours ago, trod said:

I’ve played 3 rounds with it and putting has been a few stokes better each round from my previous putter. 

Did you track strokes gained putting or just count the number of putts?

Just the number of putts per round doesn't mean all that much by itself because if you hit fewer GIR then you'll likely have less putts since good chances are a chip shot will leave you with a closer first putt than an approach shot will.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, klineka said:

Did you track strokes gained putting or just count the number of putts?

Just the number of putts per round doesn't mean all that much by itself because if you hit fewer GIR then you'll likely have less putts since good chances are a chip shot will leave you with a closer first putt than an approach shot will.

I keep track of both. My long lag putts with the mezz have been closer and from about 6’ in I’ve made more. But you’re right, my best putting rounds are when I miss the green and my chipping is on that day. About a month ago I had a round with 8 one putts, they were all made from chips within about 3’. 

Wow- @JPitts is sending in the reinforcements!

The Revealer is still a carnival trick-But like PT Barnum said-

Glad you like your putters.-I like mine too.

• Funny 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

It's odd when random LAB testimonials start appearing. Maybe it's not shilling, but sure feels like it.

There isn't anything magical about LAB putters that make a player hole more putts. I have a LAB DF 2.1. It's been in the bag for 3 years. Initially my putting improved, but I attribute that to taking putting lessons to address mechanical aspects (instructor suggested I take at least one putting lesson before committing to a fitting) and practice. Having a fitted putter probably contributed to the improvement as well, but not as much as the lessons and practice. I have putted poorly this year with the DF 2.1, very clear regression in strokes gained putting, so no, the putter is not a silver bullet. 

If I ever do another putter fitting, I'll go somewhere that carries more options than just Edel and LAB. I suspect I would be fine with any high MOI mallet putter that I can align and aim well.

Looks are subjective; I initially disliked how it looked, especially the center shaft, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 hour ago, Phil McGleno said:

Wow- @JPitts is sending in the reinforcements!

The Revealer is still a carnival trick-But like PT Barnum said-

Glad you like your putters.-I like mine too.

The revealer played no part in me using the putter, I just like the feel and I’m putting better. The skill of the guy using the putter, reading greens, judging speed and proper stroke is going to make more putts. I’ve only played a few rounds that have all been good putting rounds for me. I’ve still had 3 putts. I play with other guys who don’t use a lab that can put better than me. It’s just a fit for me.  

• Administrator

Windows PCs outsell Macs.

😉

Flat piece of metal (usually) at the end of a shaft.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

50 minutes ago, iacas said:

Windows PCs outsell Macs.

😉

Flat piece of metal (usually) at the end of a shaft.

That they do... then again,  some would say that PC's are superior to Macs.  All depends on what is being used for.  Different strokes for different folks (see what I did there 😏)

It’s still an ugly putter. I wouldn’t ever buy it. Didn’t make this list at all.

The results are in! Check out these best-selling putters from Scotty Cameron, Ping, Envroll, Odyssey, TaylorMade and Mizuno.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Unneeded part:

Spoiler

Cool story, @cmherrbach. Not sure what point you're trying to make is, but this might still apply?

On 1/14/2016 at 11:31 AM, iacas said:

It's really very simple. You only seem to have posted in other threads just enough to claim that you don't post exclusively about this putter. If you're on here just to promote and talk about this one thing, it's seen as "not good."

Let's be clear, since both you and @JPitts (if you're different people, even) seem to be confused:

• We've never said it won't sell, that the company will go out of business, or whatever other straw men some of y'all have built.
  • We have shown how many of the marketing claims, the "science" behind it, etc. are bogus (insert several other similar words).
  • Some have expressed that both this putter and the original aren't terribly attractive. I don't really care about that — I'd putt with anything if it helped.
  • I've shared my experiences about how differently people aim putters. Neither this nor the original offer much in the way of customization for aim.

That's it.

How long until the next time y'all decide to check back in here and tear down some more straw men?

Relevant part:

We've discovered that @cmherrbach and @JPitts are one and the same, and both accounts have been permanently banned.

• Thumbs Up 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have a soft spot for small putter manufacturers and hope LAB Golf continues to both grow their sales, and success at the Tour level. I tried the Directed Force and did great from long range once or twice per round, but only so-so from other distances. 

I have always been intrigued by this technology and first tried it with the Positive Putter developed by the Bernhardt family out of Indianapolis. They used the Revealer, as well, to demonstrate the technology.  In fact, here is a comment I made about that tool and tech 15 years ago!

Thats what Geoff Mangum calls a heel hanging putter. This type of balance is the one that he likes the best. Has anyone tried this type of putter? How was it? Heres a company that sells one. Has some...

• 2 weeks later...

Someone should get Lucas Glover a Lab Mezz

-OH wait

• Funny 3

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.