IGNORED

shooting in the 60s

Borf
Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many rounds in the 60s have you shot or whitnessed when you were playing?

• I can only dream about 60s, shooting it, or knowing people who can
    • Me/A friend lipped out for 69 on the 18th hole once
    • I have only seen/shot it once in my lifetime
    • I can count on one hand the times I have shot/seen sub 70
    • It happens once a season for me
    • It happens once a round for me
    • I only play with people who shoot in the 60s
    • I am tiger woods and feel like i hacked if i shoot above 70

The Head Club Pro where I worked shot a very bland 68 one afternoon with me. He played every hole just about perfect, he couldn't get the mid length putts to fall or it could have been better. Truely impressive, my first question when we were done was, how much do you charge for lessons? To which he just laughed.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

My best is a 74, putting seems to really cost me. And I really try to work on my putting, but I find it boring. I like to hit shots with an 8 iron, so I love to practice them.... "my own prison"..... Most of my scores are in the 78 to 81 range.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know if ive posted in this thread or not, but ive broken par 3 times, but once off of winter tees so i dont know if that "counts" or not. The ironic thing is that i didnt hit the ball any better than what I usually do in those rounds, it just sorta happened. But im sure the real reason was i only hit between 23 and 25 putts in each of those rounds. What a difference putting makes. Even if your a strait up hacker, i swear you can break 85 every time you play if you sink putts..

I'm with you. Read my signature.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

A friend and I got matched up with an attorney who was a ex USC golfer from the early 90's. Didn't catch his name but he ended up going bird bird bird bird the last 4 holes on 18. Couldn't tell you if he shot under 70, but he owned the golf ball. Keep in mind he was playing from 7,300 course rating was 75 or close to and the slope was 138. Bentgrass fairways and he was ripping up monster divots.

Isn't bentgrass the best!

Best is 76 which I've shot multiple times. Working on the game pretty hard right now and hope to acheive the 60's someday. Shot 35 on the front nine last week with 3 birdies and a double. I'm pretty sure I'll get there within the next few years.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I am hoping to shoot my career low this year. My dad wants to get really into the game this year after only playing about 10-20 rounds a year. He says hes going to practise hard and get really good.

Hopefully i can follow suit.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Year before last I played 36 holes with a friend who is now an assistant pro at Kapalua in Maui. He shot 69/67 including a couple of penalties. It was blowing his mind.

In my bag:
Launcher 460 9 degree aldila stiff shaft
13 degree fairway wood aldila stiff shaft
Halo 2i hybrid stiff shaft
CG4 irons 4 thru PW regular graphite shaftsCG10 wedges 52,56, and 60 degreeOdyssey Putter #4

I have one friend that I grew up with who constantly shoots in the 60's. I played two rounds with him last summer, he did not make a single bogey. He even lost a ball on a par 5 and still parred the hole. I think he was 64-67 for the two rounds (pars 72-70).

The amazing thing was not how many greens he hit (probably hit a dozen each round), rather his ability to miss a green and not even think of bogey. I know the cliche that pro's get up and down from anywhere, but it is pretty cool seeing how it really happens. Not all of the chips were tucked up tight, he drained a couple 10 footers for par.

One more note: In the round when he shot 8 under, we went out as a 5-some (rainy day, course to ourselves, he's a local pro so the pro at the club let us go out as a 5-some). We played our best ball against him, figuring if we could go around even, it would be a good match (we were all 10-15 handicaps). Wasn't even close, he finished us off around the 13th hole and we had to press (which we lost) just to keep the remaining holes interesting.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

my best is 62...7 birdies and an eagle. Best tourney round though is 66, which included 9 birdies and a double bogey, plus 2 other bogeys.

that was pre-kids though and 6 strokes lower on the index...

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

The poll doesn't give me the opportunity for my answer, which is that I play quite often with people who shoot in the 60s. We're very fortunate in having a couple of very promising youngsters and some very cool older players. I enjoy playing with them whenever I have the chance because I have to play above myself to compete - and their smooth, sweet swings help me do just that.
Personally, I've only broken 80 twice...once was last weekend. Look forward to more!

this guy at my club shot -10 and the club record was -9 but he played of the whites so it didnt count

I don't understand - aren't the whites the Medal tees in Australia? White tees and no temporary greens are pre-requisites for a course record at my club.

Best i've shot is even par over 9 holes (it got dark) on a 6900 yard course. The 60's only happen in my dreams.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I've shot a few rounds in the low 60s.. for 9 holes.

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

Ive done it three times and each time it was because I had under 26 putts. I didnt strike the ball any better those rounds than I ususally do. I made those 7 to 10 foot par savers I get alot and a few birdie putts. I think I had an eagle in one of the rounds, too.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

It takes great consistancy to shoot in the 60's. I do it every season but want to do it every game. Make sure you're in top shape and the clubs you play with at fitted. It all helps. And most imporant, don't swing too hard.

Jennifer
--------------------
What's in my bag:
Nickent 4DX 9 deg V2 stiff driver
Tour Edge CB2 15 deg stiff fairway woodTour Edge #2,3,4 Tour Bazooka Hybrid (always take one out of the bag depending on the course)Soon: Adams Idea Pro 3+ 4+Tour Edge 5-PW Irons graphite regularSoon: Taylormade...

Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!