IGNORED

Saturday at the 2008 Masters

iacas
Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Tiger Not sure what the hell was up with his putting reads today. He constantly gave them way too wide a berth. His birdie putt at 15 looked pulled from the get-go, but was the only putt he missed low all day. Slower greens don't break as much, or did Tiger not get that memo? Tiger's currently fifth alone. I thought to myself a pair of 68s would win, and it may still be true. The leaders aren't exactly moving forward at this point.

Brandt and the Others Casey and Immelman have a BIT of pedigree. Snedeker does not (not in the majors, I mean). He's earning it this week though, and I'm both surprised that he's still hanging around and not at the same time. As I type this, he's bogeyed two holes in a row, though. Casey missed a ton of short putts or he might be running away with it. He's in the trees right on 15 now. Mickelson seems out of sorts. Flesch is staying fairly strong - could another lefty win the Masters? A lefty fade is a righty draw. Immelman is kind of plodding along.

Still a lot of golf to be played, but as of 6:15, those are my thoughts. Share yours as they relate to Saturday.

P.S. I'll be live blogging tomorrow. Stop by and post comments on the main page at http://thesandtrap.com/ .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I didn't get to watch much TV today because I have to do homework. I did see Tiger getting frustrated though. I found it kind of funny that he called himself a dumb*** after hitting his drive left. I also managed to see Ian Poulter shank/chunk (I don't know what happened).

Curse of the commentator - Sam Torrence just said that if Phil Mickelson can find a birdie in the last 3 there is a very good chance he'll be playing with Tiger Woods. Then Phil takes 5 on 16!

Not the most exciting of "moving days" but Tiger will have to put out all the stops to catch any one of Casey, Immelman, Snedeker and Flesch. As you say Erik - none are exactly proven winners but they won't all falter?

Immelmans "plodding along" seems to work! 10 under - 5 ahead of the Tiger.

This rain delay has meant we get to see more golf - as long as it finishes on Sunday I'll be happy.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Go Paul Casey, Phil can't do it so you gotta rep the pitchfork!

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

I was really impressed with Snedeker. Bogeys at 11,12, and 13 might have caused anyone else to pack it in, but he responds with birdies at 14,15, and 18 to get back to -9.

My disappointment award goes to Mickelson. He forgot golf course management down the stretch, and paid for it.

If Immelman shoots somewhere around 70 tomorrow, this thing may be over. That would force someone to go really low, or Snedeker and/or Casey would need to shoot 67 or 68 just to keep pace.

And then there's Tiger and his ability to ring up a 65 or better. Always possible.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

If Immelman shoots somewhere around 70 tomorrow, this thing may be over. That would force someone to go really low, or Snedeker and/or Casey would need to shoot 67 or 68 just to keep pace.

I dont think you are going to be seeing low rounds tomorrow. They have the back end of that front thats moving through tonight, and tomorrow is forecasted for 20-25MPH winds.

Could be an exciting finish.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

I want to see Snedeker do it.....

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

• Administrator

His scoring average in the last round of majors is 74, and at Augusta is 76. So it'll be interesting. He'd have to play an amazing round of golf for a 70 with the winds predicted.

That being said, they have to basically mentally give Tiger a 68 or 67. That puts him at -9 or -10. They have to be wise, not give up bad shots on the holes that really punish them, and be subtly aggressive when they can be. Tiger's played there often enough - and has the skill - to contend with the winds. A lot of these guys don't have much Sunday Augusta experience and don't quite have the skills Tiger brings to the table. That being said, I think the odds of Tiger winning at this point are between one in three to five. I think there may just be too many people in front of him. I think the odds are high he'll get one notch closer to Nicklaus' "19" number...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was really impressed with Snedeker. Bogeys at 11,12, and 13 might have caused anyone else to pack it in, but he responds with birdies at 14,15, and 18 to get back to -9.

that about sums it up... I was soooo disappointed with Phil. I am such a Phil fan, and I really thought after Friday that this one was his to loose.

I was real impressed with both Immelman and Snedeker... both played well above my expectations.
I want to see Snedeker do it.....

me too... I think he seems like a good guy, and I want an American to win.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Snedeker is a nice fellow who deserves to win. However, i was more taken a back yesterday by Poulter's back to back shanks. He did the same last year with a shank on the long par 3 off the tee with a long iron. I actually think it's unusual for someone of his calibre to shank with a long iron..ouch!

Phil- he's got a chance and so has Tiger but we might have to rely on an early implosion from Immelman- which incidentally is highly unlikely given how he's playing. But, stranger things have happened. There will be a playoff between Snedeker, Casey and Tiger Woods-thats my prediction with the best score at 11 under.

Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!