IGNORED

Anyone is interlocking grip for putting?

Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've used an interlocking grip for putting ever since I started playing and was wondering if anyone else does? I'm think about going to the overlap...any thoughts?

I do. I've used interlocking for everything since I was eight, save for a short stint with the left hand low with the putter a few years back.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
I've used an interlocking grip for putting ever since I started playing and was wondering if anyone else does? I'm think about going to the overlap...any thoughts?

I do. Same grip I use for my full swings. Have always done it that way and putt pretty well, so not gonna change any time soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a 10-finger grip (baseball style) when putting. It helps me keep from getting wristy with my putts. I use interlock on all other shots.

I interlock my grip, and I putt cross-handed.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I putted using the interlock grip when I was younger and then my golf coach taught me the overlap grip to use on my putting and chipping to be less wristy but Im thinking about going back to interlocking it just feels more natural to me

I interlock on everything BUT the putter. I use sort of a 10 finger grip with my right index finger going down the back of the shaft.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I do. I've used interlocking for everything since I was eight, save for a short stint with the left hand low with the putter a few years back.

I do. Same grip I use for my full swings. Have always done it that way and putt pretty well, so not gonna change any time soon.

Yep, me too. I do it all interlocking. But, when putting I hold my right hand index finger a little lower... it just feels right.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Interlock for everything.... golf is already too complicated, I don't need to be thinking about a different putting grip too...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• Administrator
to quote Tiger Woods, "one grip for all shots."

Tiger doesn't use one grip for all shots. In fact, he changes his grip for his pitch shots and things depending on what feels best. And his putting grip is nothing like an interlocking grip.

Not sure where you've seen that quote, but I'm incredibly confident in what I've just said.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger doesn't use one grip for all shots. In fact, he changes his grip for his pitch shots and things depending on what feels best. And his putting grip is nothing like an interlocking grip.

yep... Tiger does NOT use a simple interlocking putting grip...

in fact here's a list of a few popular players and their grips... http://www.golfdigest.com/instructio...g/puttinggrips
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I'm constantly fiddling with my putting grip. However, I have been left-hand low for several years and find it impossible to go back now. Currently, I use a grip where my left hand overlaps my right by two fingers and my palms are very much on the side of the grip, maybe even facing away from me slightly. Really, what I'm always trying to find is a grip that unifies my hands as well as immobilizes my wrists. Right now, it feels pretty good.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!