IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Kim probably wins, because the winner gets all her travel and entry paid for on the futures tour, and Kim has played in every event on the futures tour this year.

The winner gets entries paid for the 2009 Futures tour, not the 2008 Futures tour.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
The winner gets entries paid for the 2009 Futures tour, not the 2008 Futures tour.

I think it's 2008. The show was recorded in December or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

winner gets

1) Tournament exemption on the LPGA Tour
2) All entry fees for the 2009 Duramed FUTURES Tour waived
3) Adams Golf endorsement contract, including $10,000 cash
4) BMW Z4 Coupe which comes with a tour of the manufacturing plant and a full day of driving with a pro instructor at the BMW Performance Center.

(they'll need the $10K cash to pay the income tax on all this stuff!)

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I think it's 2008. The show was recorded in December or something.

Everything I've seen has said 2009. It was filmed in 2007, but they don't want to give away the winner.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/24852/
In addition to the tournament exemption, the winner will have all entry fees to play in 2009 Duramed Futures Tour events waived as well as an Adams Golf endorsement contract which includes $10,000 cash.

• Administrator
Everything I've seen has said 2009. It was filmed in 2007, but they don't want to give away the winner.

Yep, you're right, 2009. Well that's pretty dumb. That's almost too long - the winner could give up golf by then, and only the hard-core golf fan is really gonna look up who has played x events and try to make guesses from there.

Or, in Kim's case, she could qualify for the LPGA Tour in 2009 (she's 11th on the money list right now), rendering her exemptions/paid entry fees pointless. About the only real positive is that it could give someone a year to work on a swing change or do something, so they could put their best foot forward a year later. But still, I think that's silly. If they wanted to do 2009, they could have paid their entry fees for the rest of 2008 after the show ended and then all of 2009 if necessary.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played golf today and there was a guy playing with a different group...A know it all, P I T B. He got a new nickname....he's a " Lori " to everyone now!

I missed the show last week but had it in the DVR. I was busy Wednesday and Thursday and out of town all weekend. I went out of my way to not find out what happened. I deleted the notices to this thread as they came into my inbox. Unfortunately this morning I turned on TGC to catch Golf Central and as I am walking into the room with my cereal to watch, the preview of the final came on. I so wanted to watch Lori get her ass handed to her. I will still try to watch tonight but it won't be the same.

I think it is dumb that the exemption is for 2009. I guess the timing is tough with tours all over the world and different schedules but why air something Spring of 2008 that will result in a spot on next years Futures Tour? Damn TV schedules.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
I so wanted to watch Lori get her ass handed to her. I will still try to watch tonight but it won't be the same.

On the other hand, it could be more exciting since you' know it's going to happen.

On the other hand, it could be more exciting since you' know it's going to happen.

True, but nothing beats a first hand meltdown.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Everybody,

I've started an AIM chat room for tonight's finale titled "bigbreakfinale" (without quotes); I really enjoyed the one during Sunday and Monday of the US Open, so I figured I do the same for tonight. I'll be on by 9:30 at the latest. Hope you stop by.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

• Administrator
I've started an AIM chat room for tonight's finale titled "bigbreakfinale" (without quotes); I really enjoyed the one during Sunday and Monday of the US Open, so I figured I do the same for tonight. I'll be on by 9:30 at the latest. Hope you stop by.

The room is open now. Come in and chat.

I can't seem to find it either. I'll keep looking.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

• Administrator
Use an AOL Instant Messenger client. Choose the "join group chat" option, type the room name in, and join up.

Here's what I do:

Go to meebo.com .

Click the fourth icon from the left on the "buddy list" (it has three little faces and a bubble).

Type in "bigbreakfinale" (no quotes).

Should work.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!