IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i could totally be wrong but isnt that guy one of those long drive champions. if it is the guy i am thinking of... his swing is insane.

Oops!

The burn is on me if so. But maybe that explains why his line-delivery is so gawd awful.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said tlewsadder. The only thing I'm not with you on is, I find it hard to even root for Kim. Partly because she was the one who made the initial "She can't do that" comment about Christina tapping down the divot, but more so because of tonight's episode where she said "What do we do now, shake her hand?" when Christina was on her way out. Hell yes you shake her hand, or were you absent the day they taught Basic Sportsmanship 101?

I dunno, maybe Christina really was that bad and they just edited it all out. But that comment from Kim really turned me off. But yes, as much as I hated to see it, the right golfer went home tonight. Not enough mental toughness, too much worrying about what her opponent was doing. Btw, did anyone else think that from the demeanor and body language of Sophie, Lori, and Christina in the interviews, it was pretty easy to predict the outcome of the shots and matches? - Bill

Bill

I am getting to the point I can't watch Lori swing without getting sick. It's big gut goes back- big gut comes through. It's just awful. Unfortunately it works. Kim really came through this episode, she played the best golf I've seen from any of the cast recently.
I'll be fine with anyone but Lori winning. I just think she needs to work on more than her golf game...

I'll be fine with anyone but Lori winning. I just think she needs to work on more than her golf game...

Yeah, me too. I'd rather see Sophie win, but at this point I really just don't want to see Lori win it.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Let's call a spade a spade. This is girls acting like girls (not women). Petty and spiteful, I don't think there's a good golfer among them (not good enough to deserve the final prize). I'm honestly surprised at the quality of golf (or lackthereof) but this is the first BB I've ever fully watched, so this may have been the case with the previous shows.

In my opinion I think Christina was setting herself up to fail. Regardless of whether her actions were reprehensible or not, she let the girls get the best of her. If she had just focused on her game and shut the other girls out she would've been fine.

Lori's actions (as well as Sophie's) were incredibly immature, something she's been saying of Christina for some time now. I don't buy the head games argument. If you're saying that Christina's actions were immature, your response is even more immature, hands down. Sophie's display of poor etiquette was also obscenely immature and petty.
In my Hoofer2 bag:

Driver: 905S 9.5° (Grafalloy Blue XS Shaft) or 975F 7.5° (Grafalloy Shaft)
Fairway Metal: 906F2 13° (UST Proforce V2 75 gram XS Shaft)
Irons: Apex Forged 2-PW (Dynamic Gold X100 Shafts)Wedges: Vokey 54° and 60° (Dynamic Gold Wedge Shafts)Putter: Newport Studio...

OK, so Christina's swing collapsed under pressure. She got the quackers and that was that.

The man speaks the truth!
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

They were all immature and petty. When in doubt, I pull for the hot babe and that was Christina. The idea that they were pissed because Christina beat their friend Sam is childish. What the #%!& was she supposed to do? Christina folded under the constant scrutiny and criticism of the three others. It would have been great if she had survived but I found that attitudes of the other golfers very unfair. Most of it was instigated and kept alive by Lori. Let's see how the other two like it when Lori turns on them.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Well, Christina doesn't deserve to proceed with play like that, while Kim shot the clutch "game" of her life. And her 4wd went more than 200 into the wind and uphill, which is acceptible, no? So let's go Kim (although she looks way better in golf attire than civilian garb). I also have to admit Lori's commentary is pretty funny sometimes, for all that I think her behavior with Christina was reprehensible.

There was a thread about golf commercials where this one came up and I noticed one more thing about it. If the "dorks" were being pounded so bad, why did they have the honor on the tee?

i could totally be wrong but isnt that guy one of those long drive champions. if it is the guy i am thinking of... his swing is insane.

When I first saw this I thought it was Jason Zuback, but at closer inspection it is not. I believe he is still under contract with Pinacle.

They were all immature and petty. When in doubt, I pull for the hot babe and that was Christina. The idea that they were pissed because Christina beat their friend Sam is childish. What the #%!& was she supposed to do? Christina folded under the constant scrutiny and criticism of the three others. It would have been great if she had survived but I found that attitudes of the other golfers very unfair. Most of it was instigated and kept alive by Lori. Let's see how the other two like it when Lori turns on them.

Although she totally folded last night, I give Christina credit for trying to rise above the petty crap they were pulling. Up until recently I would have been OK with Sophie winning, but she has really shown her true colors in recent shows. She is a manipulative bitch. She saw the way things were going and took the opportunity to pile on Christina. Kim is not much better. At least Lori has been a bitch from day one. I thought it was total BS the way they just expected Christina to be over being treated like crap. They used the time at breakfast to get in her head again. I hope when they watch the show as it airs that they see how bad they looked. I also think they under estimate the popularity of the show. There are a lot of BB fans out there. Word of mouth can go a long way. Also, if you are Adams, are you going to want some total bitch using your equipment.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

not to be completely random but I hope in the next season they go back to their roots and have a more diverse mix of golfers in terms of skill

honestly, I dont care about PROFESSIONAL golfers trying to get a break on tour

how about a couple 12, 10, 8, and 16's grinding it out for some prizes and money, or better yet just free clubs

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

The man speaks the truth!

Indeed he does... I remember thinking to myself "man this show sucks" even though I continue to watch week to week. I dont understand how they were hitting hybrids from 155-160 yards out and they are actual professional golfers? Not to be sexist and all but how is that exciting... the only one that hits a long ball is built like a man, she's probably 6'1

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

... Also, if you are Adams, are you going to want some total bitch using your equipment.

Well, they gave Rory Sabbatini an endorsement, so there's your answer.

On the subject of Lori, I got tired this whole episode of hearing Lori talk as if she felt sorry for Christina and was sad that she "beat herself". Bull. She spends at least 2 days totally ripping into the girl for the sole purpose of destroying her mentally, and then when she sees she's accomplished her task, she tries to look good for the cameras by feigning compassion? What a witch. And what was Lori's comment about being "a Cadillac"? And she also said something after she beat Christina, that she was glad she got to play against her and that "now all the questions are answered." To me that sounded like her admitting she had been afraid of Christina and that she (Lori) had proved she was the better golfer. Does she not realize that just because you beat another golfer ONE TIME in a made for TV event, that doesn't necessarily make you better or worse than the other person? It's just one match, Lori.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

Long time lurker. First time poster. Hello everybody!

I watch BB religously because I have recently become a golf fanatic this past year and live and breath golf 24/7. At any rate, I finally felt like I needed to vent to a group of people who I've never met. Here it goes:

Lori - Every time they show her, I yell out the word "c**t" and I never ever use that word because it is such an ugly word to call a person. However, Lori is ugly on the inside that I felt the use of this word is warranted. She is so petty and full of herself. Golf is a class game where you show respect to your opponents regardless of how you feel about that person personally.

Sophie - Just as classless as Lori. If you are going to put someone on the spot about proper golf etiquette, then you need to do the same yourself. I hope the LET sees this and yanks her card, but highly unlikely.

Kim - Jumped on the "I hate Christina"-bandwagon because it was easier to have the "mob" mentality then actually stand up and do the right thing. The right thing being to tell the other gals to lay off of Christina and to concentrate on playing golf. Earlier on the show Kim showed now animosity towards Christina until the group got smaller and she figured she had better pick a side. Too bad she picked the side that makes her look bad and could have people look at her differently throughout her "professional" golf career. But my views of her future is pure conjecture.

Christina - Very un-sportsmanlike to have said out loud (under her breath, but still audible), "Choke" several episodes ago. That is a big no-no in any sport period. But kudos to her for not trying to be petty and have stupid arguments with the other girls about crap. She minded her own business, didn't speak to anyone, and went about her business. Unfortunately her business (golf) wasn't good enough to get her through the next round.

In closing, Christina is the best of the worse, but too bad she collapsed like a house of cards under pressure. But, truthfully I probably wouldn't even made it to the final four myself given all that pressure. I suppose Kim is the only left that I would even consider rooting for.

It's whatever now with this freaking show!

Long time lurker. First time poster. Hello everybody!

Great first post. Very well said. I think your assessment of Kim is right on. I don't know if she is a bitch or just afraid to have them turn on her. Christina was a threat and Lori used more than her own golf skill to beat her. Kim is the next threat on the horizon. She needs to watch her back.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

As a fellow University of Central Arkansas grad, I hated to see Christina get beat out. I loved watching the eye candy, but unfortunately this year's show has been bad, I probably won't watch the remaining episodes.

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

In closing, Christina is the best of the worse, but too bad she collapsed like a house of cards under pressure. But, truthfully I probably wouldn't even made it to the final four myself given all that pressure. I suppose Kim is the only left that I would even consider rooting for.

I agree that of the three left, Kim is the one I will be rooting for. Unfortunately I think what we have seen of her putting will make it difficult for her to survive. Between Sophie and Lori, I will have to pick Sophie. Although that's just because of the "lesser of two evils" approach.

On a totally unrelated note, I noticed a commercial for that new show coming at the end of July, Highway 18. Looks like it could be interesting. I've always been a fan of The Amazing Race, and this looks to be essentially that, with golf as the common thread. I will be looking forward to it.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

I was sad to see Christina go, especially under these circumstances, but she deserved to go, she got outplayed on last nights episodes. I don't even realy want to watch the show anymore, no eye candy to keep it interesting! haha... I don't care who wins, as long as it isn't that obese oversized waddling penguin.

ps... I can't even watch that penguin swing, it is disgusting

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

Kim was the one that called out Christina first on that dumb "improving lie" rule.

They are all small-folks...nothing will become of any of them...

-says the accountant

Driver: FT-5
3 WD: FT-i Squareway
3 Hybrid: a3 Boxer
3-PW Irons: X-20
Wedges: 52,56,60Putter: Circa 62 #1Ball: Pro V1

• Administrator
I dont understand how they were hitting hybrids from 155-160 yards out and they are actual professional golfers?

Dude, not even that: their drivers went 170 yards, a few of 'em. They couldn't hit a green from 227. Lori was frickin' 71 yards short!

Does she not realize that just because you beat another golfer ONE TIME in a made for TV event, that doesn't necessarily make you better or worse than the other person? It's just one match, Lori.

Wasn't even really a match - it was three "locations."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!