IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

Just bought a set of irons 4-sw (8).

After hunting for the month for second hand clubs found they were coming in a bit high for the budget I set (or dead clubs), typically mixed bag at £50+delivery, so instead I picked up the cobra fly xl set new instead for £250. Cant argue at £31 a club inc deliver.

Seen plenty of reviews on them that say the irons were solid for a newbie but avoid driver/putter so hopefully these will do me whilst i learn the game. The only tip was I may need an additional wedge with more loft but will see how i get on before dropping more money. Next month is my off-season course fee's and i dont want to incur wrath of the wife.

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

• 3 weeks later...

The last thing I bought was a Ping stand bag

The award-winning PING Hoofer golf bag is lightweight, yet extremely durable and spacious 11 pockets. Available in seven different colors at PING.com

. It took a lot for me to part with my trusty golf bag but after the club compartments broke, I had to bite the bullet. Don't really know why it took me so long!

Traded in some Lost and found wedges and picked up a TM MG3 TW grind 56 degree wedge to go with my 60.  MG3’s we’re just marked down with the arrival of the MG4

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/24/2023 at 4:57 PM, discoveringgolf said:

Hi,

the last thing I bought was the pink castle tees, can Neva have enough tees 

I had to Google that one. Moz would be proud.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Seven iron training aid. 
as soon as I got it I started hitting crisp straight irons. The club is still waiting in the carton. That’s how good it is! 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 

sabertooth putter

4 hours ago, rocket23 said:

Seven iron training aid. 
as soon as I got it I started hitting crisp straight irons. The club is still waiting in the carton. That’s how good it is! 

Now all you need is a 3,4,5,6,8,9,PW,SW training aid and you will have a complete set.😀

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

I just picked up a new push cart. I have a Clicgear 4.0 already, which is great, but my bag sits a bit funny on it. My wife was in need of a push cart, so I gave her my Clicgear and I got a Sun Mountain PX4. Pushcart vs. pushcart, I think the Clicgear is probably a little better, but my bag fits perfect on the new one.

All that said, I've been in a bit of a buying phase lately, so each day the answer could have been something different. In the last month I've also picked up a new bag, some hybrids, grips, rangefinder, shoes...

I may have a problem...

Edited by tristanhilton85

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

On 8/23/2023 at 1:41 PM, snapfade said:

3 boxes of Snell's with the free towel and a Snell Golf Branded Bills hat, in white of course. Got 20% off on the hat. 

@snapfade you’ve mentioned Snell balls a few times.  Without getting flamed here what’s the interest in Snell balls?

I’ve got a bit of FOMO on this one. 😀

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2+

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

53 minutes ago, ChiTown said:

@snapfade you’ve mentioned Snell balls a few times.  Without getting flamed here what’s the interest in Snell balls?

Snell simply makes a really nice premium ball at a not so premium price. I've played their MTB and MTB Black balls and really liked them. I ran out recently and tried their new line, the MTB Prime. Based on what I read, I went with the "X" version this time and wasn't as impressed, although it was still good. For whatever reason the current MTB Prime X doesn't seem to be as durable as what I've used from them in the past.

Anyways, they're a great value at $30ish a dozen, although I think there are some equally as good values with the Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro/Pro Plus, although you have to buy 4 or 5 dozen to get the price to the $30ish per dozen range that Snell is for just one dozen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

4 hours ago, ChiTown said:

I found out about them on here and tried them. The Prime, X, Get Sum. I use the X now. They aren't magic balls, they wont take 10 strokes off your game or add 50 yards to your dive, just a good tour quality ball at a good price. Small company, no tour deals. A bit of a cool factor knowing you're probably the only one on the course in the know. Dean Snell was the inventor of the Pro V1 and then went on to work for Taylor Made. I haven't had any durability issues with the Prime X, but I retire a ball after one round, of course if it doesn't wind up in the water or something.  For me, the Prime X plays the same as the Pro V1 but for 30 bucks. There is a deal now over on the site. I would get the sample pack of the Prime and Prime X, and give them a test run. The Get Sum is a two-piece soft compression ball. Plays like any other softie except, the Duo Soft, which as the lowest compression in the industry. I guess bottom line is it's one small thing you can do to not run to the big companies. On a technical note, the Prime X seems to not exaggerate side spin as much as the Prime does. I feel like I have more control over my irons with the Prime X. Could be just me. YMMV 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

I found out about them on here and tried them. The Prime, X, Get Sum. I use the X now. They aren't magic balls, they wont take 10 strokes off your game or add 50 yards to your dive, just a good tour quality ball at a good price….

Thanks! I’ll keep them in mind. Luckily, I’m still at a point where folks are giving me boxes of V1s as gifts. 😎 But I may try the sample pack out of curiosity or maybe become “the cool kid” at the course. 

9 hours ago, ChiTown said:

Thanks! I’ll keep them in mind. Luckily, I’m still at a point where folks are giving me boxes of V1s as gifts. 😎 But I may try the sample pack out of curiosity or maybe become “the cool kid” at the course. 

If people are giving you Pro V's as a gift, I can only wonder what you are doing for them. Hmmmmm, Let me guess, they drop the balls off at the Green Mill?

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

If people are giving you Pro V's as a gift, I can only wonder what you are doing for them. Hmmmmm, Let me guess, they drop the balls off at the Green Mill?

Well played. Actually, I have a few sources as it pays to diversify. It’s fair to say I have contacts in the right places, and I have a number of friends that are grateful for what I’ve done for them along the way.  😉

So I should talk to you if I need a building permit or sanitation service? You're over in Elmwood Park aren't ya? haha

• Funny 1

On 9/13/2023 at 5:31 PM, ChiTown said:

Dean Snell developed the ProV1 for Titleist and the TaylorMade Penta. He’s been in the business a long time and wanted to develop a direct to consumer ball with the same performance as the premium balls he created before. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

evolver golf lessons

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I'm going to order this gigantic tee holder for @boogielicious

Golf-Tee-Holder-Wear-resistant-Durable-Holding-Tee-Hook-to-Golf-Bag-Tee-Holder-Golf-Holder.jpg

• Funny 1