IGNORED

Good Morning and Hello!

Scipio

Good Morning everyone. 

Wanted to introduce myself a little to the forum.

Have been a golfer for about 20 years or so.  Actually, I take that back, I have owned clubs for that long, not sure that I have ever been a golfer.  Played quite a bit in my mid-20s (good excuse to get out to someplace green), but then got settled down and have a family, and the clubs come out once or twice a year now for a golf outing.  

For whatever reason this year the bug has bitten me hard and I really want to get back into things.  Im realizing I need to get back to fundamentals like my grip, but also on the hunt for some new-to-me clubs, so will be posting in that forum with some questions soon.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to TST!  we're glad to have you.  There are plenty of instructional resources that should help you, too. 

You mentioned the grip;  check out this thread.  The author helped me quite a bit with my grip in the past.

The site has other great instructional resources that should help you too:

And of course, ask questions and participate in the conversation! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the forum.

The stuff that @Shindig linked you to is excellent. 

Personally, here's my favorite instruction section: 

Anytime you want to sneak in 5 or 10 minutes of practice there's a video linked here that's good for that. Very few require anything extra in terms of equipment or launch monitors or nets or what-have-you. 

Enjoy the forum. 

Thanks very much @Shindig and @ChetlovesMer!

Ill read through those links when I get a chance.  I picked up all my bad habits on my own once upon a time, so now is as good a time as any to unlearn them!

Welcome to TST.  It's the best place on the internet to talk golf!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Welcome @Scipio. remember to pick an avatar.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision -MEVO+

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 6/27/2022 at 9:50 AM, Shindig said:

Welcome to TST!  we're glad to have you.  There are plenty of instructional resources that should help you, too. 

You mentioned the grip;  check out this thread.  The author helped me quite a bit with my grip in the past.

The site has other great instructional resources that should help you too:

And of course, ask questions and participate in the conversation! 

Thanks again for these links.  I'm now way down the rabbit hole on my grip, realizing it looks nothing like the proper ones in that thread.  It's not easy and feels really funky.  But it does seem to help my practice balls in the backyard go much straighter.....

I'll post in that thread when I have some better comments or questions for everyone.

35 minutes ago, Scipio said:

Thanks again for these links.  I'm now way down the rabbit hole on my grip, realizing it looks nothing like the proper ones in that thread.  It's not easy and feels really funky.  But it does seem to help my practice balls in the backyard go much straighter.....

Something I've learned about good instruction over the past few years is that if it doesn't feel funky or weird, you probably aren't changing it.  Every change feels weird in some fashion, and eventually feels comfortable as you practice it.

There's lots of good instruction on the site as well as help with practicing.  I hope it helps you :-) 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.