IGNORED

Rose out of Carolina tournament

Ruari
Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw that Justin Rose has withdrawn from the Verizon Heritage. Looks like it's a recurrence of his back problem.

What's he doing to strain it so much? He doesn't seem to swing as hard as some of them.

(Fuller details: news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/7353735.stm)

Dougherty seems to be doing OK though - and Brian Davis, too.

Correct that about Davis - he shot a 74 in the second round!
Better than Ernie Els, though - he's missed the cut. Maybe he's got something going on at the weekend.

• Administrator
Correct that about Davis - he shot a 74 in the second round!

Davis Love? Says on pgatour.com's leaderboard he shot even par 71.

Better than Ernie Els, though - he's missed the cut. Maybe he's got something going on at the weekend.

No doubt part of his "three-year plan."

J/K - I'll cut Ernie some slack. He's working with a new teacher.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Back problems at his age? Man that is scary.

Incidentally, I saw in the paper that this course is 7,679 yards and par 71....Are you friggin kidding me?

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Incidentally, I saw in the paper that this course is 7,679 yards and par 71....Are you friggin kidding me?

I think you misread. According to the tournament's website on PGA Tour.com it is

under 7000 .

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think you misread. According to the tournament's website on PGA Tour.com it is

yep... it take driver out of many players hands on numerous holes.

As to JR... I can't really say why, but I just never really liked him... don't dislike him, just find him boring (whatever that means). It is kind of scary if he's already having back problems at his young age.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

He's 28, though it seems he's been around forever.

Not sure exactly what his back problem is - does anyone know, precisely? but I don't think he's he only one and not the only one of his generation. Chucky three-sticks seems to ring a bell, for some reason.

Is it their musculature, or what? Tiger swings the club hard but he doesn't have the back probs - so far, anyway!!

Any ideas?

I had really, REALLY high hopes for Rose having a huge year for himself this year. I think those final holes in his second round at Augusta really messed up his mojo. He didn't recover in rounds three nor four, at all. I went on record here thinking he'd finish within the top 5 in the world this year. I think, hope, he'll pull himself out of this...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Get well soon Justin!

http://www.justinrose.com/

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!