IGNORED

My first time walking

kregan
Note: This thread is 5862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I decided today to just do it and stop thinking about it. I stopped into Golf Galaxy and purchased a ClicGear push cart V2 with the solid tires and then headed off to play 18 holes.

I am 44 years old and suffer from a stiff/sour back from many years of lift things I should not have been lifting on construction sites. This makes it uncomfortable to carry my bag.

I have to say that is was a very nice experience. I was paired with 2 guys in a riding cart and I was actually in front of them most of the time. The cart was easy to push and it was great to have all my clubs and my GPS available for every shot.

I started getting a little tired around the 15th. hole but it was not big deal. I didn't notice a big difference in my score (102) but I seemed to be more focused on my shots. The biggest factor in my high scores are stupid shots around the green, hitting a wedge fat and short, hitting one thin and way past the green, 3 putts, just stupid stuff really.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

An excellent choice. The shots around the green could have had something to do with fatigue if they were later in the round, but if you keep walking that won't play a factor. Keep on walking and best luck.

In The Bag:
905R UST V2 Stiff
906F2 UST V2 Stiff
3DX dc 17* Stiff
2300 IM 4-PW Stiff CG 12 Black Pearl 52*, 56*, 60* C67 Pro V1x

Nice to hear, I walk all the time, but just got my license this year so maybe riding in a cart once in awhile will be nice.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I wish that was the case! I'm just not that good and make silly mistakes, I know what to do, it just gets lost between my brain and my arms!

An excellent choice. The shots around the green could have had something to do with fatigue if they were later in the round, but if you keep walking that won't play a factor. Keep on walking and best luck.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Welcome to the wonderful world of walking 18. The fatigue will wear off at some point: I used to get tired around 14 or 15, too, about a year or so ago, and now I can handle 36.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I seemed to be more focused on my shots.

This is the reason that I always walk, no matter what.

"Eliminate All Compensations."

Bag: 2008 Warbird
Driver: R7 425 10.5 (s)
3 wood: R7 stIrons: RAC MB TP 2-PWWedges: SV 56*10, SV Black Satin 60*10Putter: Anser 4Balls: Black

Congrats! I much prefer walking over riding in a cart. I carry several granola bars or some fruit in my bag that I eat through my round as well as drinking lots of water. If I feel tired, I just grab a granola bar and I'm good to go.

In My Grom Bag:

Driver: NVG2 Draw
Woods: NVG2 3 & 5 Woods
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 3Irons: GT Xtreme 4-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.14Putter: White Hot XG9Balls: NXT, e6+Home Course: Apple Mountain Golf Course http://www.applemountaingolfga.com

I don't mind walking at all....that is as long as I'm not carrying my bag.

Nice push/pull carts really come in handy. I'm in the market now for one.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I started with a push cart because my athletic brother-in-law warned me about the one time he tried carrying his own bag.

But I got tired of messing with the cart so I tried carrying my bag. That was two years ago and I have carried ever since.

Walking vs. riding won't make much difference re: stupid stuff around the greens but walking should help the rest of your game, especially your fairway play. Walking gives you a much better perspective on your shots because you're better able to visual your shot shape as you're walking up to the ball. Instead of just riding up to the ball, getting out and hitting, you're able to visual the shape as you're walking from one shot to the next. It also gives you more time to think it through. There's a reason the pros don't ride in carts.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

There's a reason the pros don't ride in carts.

It is because they can't.

"Eliminate All Compensations."

Bag: 2008 Warbird
Driver: R7 425 10.5 (s)
3 wood: R7 stIrons: RAC MB TP 2-PWWedges: SV 56*10, SV Black Satin 60*10Putter: Anser 4Balls: Black

I have yet to walk an 18 but walking 9 so far has been great. I was against walking at first but after I walked a couple times at the local college 9 I kind of prefer it now. on 18 I start to stiffin up when riding, do you think walking would keep me loose and warm or fatigue me more? We'll see

I have found that there are several items which are essential to enjoying walking:

1) Comfy shoes
2) A decent bag or a pushcart
3) Compression shorts (at least for me... feeling the chafe starting to set in on the 11th tee is the worst...)
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

It is because they can't.

Ooh, good point

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

When I had real bad problems with my back I had to do physical therapy for it.

Walking on a tread mill was by far the best exercise for my me and after about 15 minutes on a tread mill my back would stop hurting and I felt much better. That and the high colestoral (need to loose some weight) are the reasons I decided to start walking. Also when playing alone I feel rushed when driving a cart... hit the ball, drive, hit the ball, drive, hit the ball and so on.
on 18 I start to stiffin up when riding, do you think walking would keep me loose and warm or fatigue me more? We'll see

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Walked 18 again today, this time I was alone and shot a 97!

Still had some bad holes around the green that pushed the score up, a few 7's and 6's but I was more in tune with my game and I know I can drop this into the high 80's.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Note: This thread is 5862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!