IGNORED

What Would You Like to See Happen in the World of Golf in 2023?

bkuehn1952

Outside of your own game, what would you like to see happen in 2023?

I would like to see:

• Tiger Woods healthy enough to walk and play 72 holes without limping or grimacing
  • Tiger Woods win another major 
  • The termination of the LIV Tour
  • The USGA announce that they are taking $500,000,000 of their accumulated surplus and spending it on growing/preserving the game in a meaningful way (we can debate what might be meaningful)
  • Like 2

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

This is a good topic. I'm going to think about it for a bit, and come back with some realistic things (I don't know how realistic yours are, as nice as they sound!).

I will throw this one in there: I'd like to see the U.S. win the Ryder Cup on foreign soil.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This is what I thought of initially.

• I'd like to see Rory win a major, if it were my choice, The Masters for the career grand slam
  • I'd like to see Tiger play competitive golf in a PGAT event or major, but pain free and not grinding (too hard)
  • Hoping for an exciting and close Ryder Cup, with US win
  • 2022 majors were all good IMO, so I'm hoping for at least similar in 2023
  • I want the distance insights thing to wrap up with no roll back or bifurcation

I don't like LIV and I would love to see it fail, but I don't see that happening next year, but I do have a few LIV specific hopes:

• I'd like the irrelevant LIV players like Pat Perez, Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood, etc. to become more irrelevant rather than continue to have presence/quotes in golf stories. Except...I do want to know the full story behind Perez' hatred of Phil.
  • I'd like for LIV players to stop parroting talking points about the OWGR or shotgun starts, and either keep quiet or say something meaningful.
  • I'm hoping Greg Norman gets fired and goes back to doing his golf course design / wine making where I can hear and see less of him.
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Good topic!

I also don’t see LIV going away next year. I hope they don’t secure a major tv network deal, though. Without it, LIV viewership will continue to go down and thus it will fail, no matter the billions that can be dumped into it. 

What I want to see most of all, is for the tour players to stop bickering at each other or at all. I hate reading about friends turning on one another because of money. So stupid. 

Outside of LIV, I want to continue to see new talent rising. So many good players out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

14 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I do want to know the full story behind Perez' hatred of Phil.

Phil and his wife are swingers and Phil was trying to have sex with Pat's wife. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see the following:

1) Tiger to contend in an event or two and pull out a win

2) Rory to continue his stellar play and grab another major

3) LIV and the PGA Tour to work out some type of agreement which would hopefully include the phasing out of LIV in a year or two

4) Finau wins a major

5) Barstool Trent learns to putt

6) We can avoid youtube conspiracy theories on GoodGood Golf

7) Golf manufacturers understand that growing the game with $1200 irons is an oxymoron 

8 Internet golfers stop saying they hit the ball 300 yards on average 

A man can dream right?

Edited by Bo the Golfer

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

On 12/2/2022 at 7:24 AM, bkuehn1952 said:

Outside of your own game, what would you like to see happen in 2023?

I would like to see:

• Tiger Woods healthy enough to walk and play 72 holes without limping or grimacing
  • Tiger Woods win another major 
  • The termination of the LIV Tour
  • The USGA announce that they are taking $500,000,000 of their accumulated surplus and spending it on growing/preserving the game in a meaningful way (we can debate what might be meaningful)

Agree on all points. 

Also, as others have said, I’d like to see Rory win the Masters

Question that I’m sure someone here could answer: not growing up in golf, is there some sort of National High School Team Championship? I get they have the Junior Golf & National Amateur Tourns, but is there anything wherein the HS kids can compete as a team?

I’d like to see something like that televised. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny