IGNORED

Cart Etiquette

StuM

11 minutes ago, StuM said:

Then one of us needs to walk back to get it.

I call this a "rookie" error. It happens every now and then (especially if both of you are in that area), but if a pair does this every hole, its a long day! Like you said, its all about communication and awareness. 

13 minutes ago, StuM said:

I think we would get along well.

Of course! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

22 minutes ago, StuM said:

You get along well with almost everyone!  

Sorry OT but it's true!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
7 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You get along well with almost everyone!  

Sorry OT but it's true!

Compliment me all you want, I am still NOT giving you that 5 foot putt!

Edited by StuM
  • Funny 2

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

2 hours ago, StuM said:

One thing that can frustrate me is when my ball is past a "no carts sign".  In those instances I often take my cart partner to thier ball then grab my weapons and and walk the remainder of the hole.  I tell my cart partner "I'll walk from here".   Then after I play my ball I look back and they walked away from the cart leaving it far from the green.  Then one of us needs to walk back to get it.  Maybe I need to be a little better in comunicating, but it seems when  I say "I'll walk from here" they should know they need to pull the cart up after making thiere shot.  

I don't know why, but that made me laugh. Thanks for the morning chuckle.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

I don't know why, but that made me laugh. Thanks for the morning chuckle.

He must be referring to his weapons of "Grass Destruction"! 🤣

• Funny 4

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

On 7/7/2023 at 3:51 PM, StuM said:

3) Searching for balls.  If a player hits a wayward shot then you need to judge the best way to proceed.  There are variables but consider.  You may drop one player at their ball then the other quickly drives over to the area to help search.  You may even want both players in the cart to make their shots before joining the search.  What you want to avoid is all in the group searching for the ball while there are 3 playable balls just sitting there waiting.  Carts move quickly, you can hit your ball then get to the search area pretty fast in most cases.

Thanks ruptured thing in my calf, I am no longer able to walk. however a good majority of those I play with still do.
After we tee off, If I have a good line on my ball, I will zip over to find another players who may have difficulty finding theirs.
I should mention that I tend to be the longest in my group so rather than sitting behind them and slowly rolling up the fairway behind them like a stalker, I try to keep things moving. 

I usually toss my cap on top of their ball. I am considering starting to bring little mini flags to mark balls.
Once everyone hits, I roll up to mine, hop out and duff my second shot a few feet, and then move on!

• Like 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

16 minutes ago, Elmer said:

I usually toss my cap on top of their ball.

I do the "Cap Thing" as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

2 hours ago, Elmer said:

I usually toss my cap on top of their ball. I am considering starting to bring little mini flags to mark balls.

Amusingly perhaps, I walk and I've thought about getting a few mini flags for my bag for this purpose.  I tend to walk faster than my typical group and I typically hit past them, so being able to do this would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.