colin007

Is This Ethical 2.0?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is this stealing?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrator
2 hours ago, StuM said:

I've never seen anyone swap out golf balls but it must be a thing since anytime you buy golf balls at Golf Galaxy they open the box to confirm what balls are inside.  Stores will also check the shoes inside a shoe box for the same reason.  All too often the view is "As long as you do not get caught....." 

The shoes they also do to make sure you have two of the same size, as sometimes you'll just try one shoe on and assume that they fit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is a joke, right?

5 hours ago, colin007 said:

Yeah, I'm aware of how pricing goes in a retail store like a supermarket. I would hazard a guess that the cheap apples cost the store $1.00 while the expensive ones might cost them $1.10, so not nearly the price difference others have suggested, which makes the cheap Macintosh bag at $3.99 vs the honeycrisp bag at $5.99 price gouging in my book

You know, I don’t agree with Titleist spending so much money on golf ball sponsorships and advertising is a factor in the price of Pro V1s, so in my book it’s price gouging. I don’t see anything wrong with swapping the Pro V1s into the Velocity sleeves when buying them at the store. They probably cost about the same to produce anyway.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

This is a joke, right?

You know, I don’t agree with Titleist spending so much money on golf ball sponsorships and advertising is a factor in the price of Pro V1s, so in my book it’s price gouging. I don’t see anything wrong with swapping the Pro V1s into the Velocity sleeves when buying them at the store. They probably cost about the same to produce anyway.

Put them in the Nitro 36 ct. box. 3 dozen Pro V1's for 19.99.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

1 minute ago, snapfade said:

Put them in the Nitro 36 ct. box. 3 dozen Pro V1's for 19.99.

Well that would be wrong because if you’re putting Titleist balls into a Nitro package, Titleist is not making the money when the store restocks.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

25 minutes ago, billchao said:

Well that would be wrong because if you’re putting Titleist balls into a Nitro package, Titleist is not making the money when the store restocks.

spock-dazzling-display.gif.75aae566a4a1c4522b9d0a97bedd1d94.gif

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

54 minutes ago, billchao said:

If you're swapping balls you probably don't care.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

1 hour ago, billchao said:

This is a joke, right?

Despite his protestations to the contrary, I suspect the OP is having us on 😉

Edited by SEMI_Duffer

2 hours ago, snapfade said:

If you're swapping balls you probably don't care.

If you don’t care then you’re immoral because you’re stealing.

See, if you swap Pro V1s into Velocity sleeves, the store has to restock the Velocity balls. That’s money paid to Titleist. That sale is good enough to offset their manufacturing costs plus the expenses that I care about. They’re still making a profit considering how little it actually costs them to manufacture golf balls.

I’m a small business owner so I know this stuff.

Bill

My Swing Thread

11 hours ago, billchao said:

If you don’t care then you’re immoral because you’re stealing.

See, if you swap Pro V1s into Velocity sleeves, the store has to restock the Velocity balls. That’s money paid to Titleist. That sale is good enough to offset their manufacturing costs plus the expenses that I care about. They’re still making a profit considering how little it actually costs them to manufacture golf balls.

I’m a small business owner so I know this stuff.

The point is, don't swap golf balls. Who cares if Titleist gets a cut or not. A guy that is too cheap to pay for Pro V1s and has to swap them shouldn't be playing golf. Just because Titleist or the store can absorb it doesn't change the fact that it is stealing and if caught you can go to jail. I'm joking around about putting them in Nitro boxes, but on the serious side. It's wrong no matter how you try to justify it.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, snapfade said:

The point is, don't swap golf balls. Who cares if Titleist gets a cut or not. A guy that is too cheap to pay for Pro V1s and has to swap them shouldn't be playing golf. Just because Titleist or the store can absorb it doesn't change the fact that it is stealing and if caught you can go to jail. I'm joking around about putting them in Nitro boxes, but on the serious side. It's wrong no matter how you try to justify it.

Let me help you out a bit… he's not being serious. 😀

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

Let me help you out a bit… he's not being serious. 😀

Well if he would just put them in a Nitro box everything would be fine. 😃

download.jpg