Bo the Golfer

@boogielicious here is a picture of my lead hand grip.Β 

20240218_091753.jpg

Feel like this should be my swing length.Β 

Screenshot_20240218_101850_Studio.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Good gym session today. Decided to mix things up and start HIT workouts 3x weekly with cardio after. Man these are tough but doing as many reps as possible per exercise should fuel some good muscle growth.Β 

As the previous replies show I've got a lot of slow swing practice ahead of me. For me it's really getting out of my own way and listening to those who know of what they speak of regarding this journey.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Bo the Golfer said:

@boogielicious here is a picture of my lead hand grip.Β 

20240218_091753.jpg

Likely still too much in the palm. Knuckles still quite angled.

Β 

@Bo the Golfer, what is the difference between this topic and your Member Swings topic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Bo the Golfer said:

Good gym session today. Decided to mix things up and start HIT workouts 3x weekly with cardio after. Man these are tough but doing as many reps as possible per exercise should fuel some good muscle growth.Β 

As the previous replies show I've got a lot of slow swing practice ahead of me. For me it's really getting out of my own way and listening to those who know of what they speak of regarding this journey.Β 

And cut yourself some slack- it took me 6 months or so to have a steadier head with real speed swing and I still can’t grip the club right πŸ˜’

• Like 1

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

This working out must be working. After starting out at 321 a year and a half ago and really just taking the workouts seriously the last 6 months or so i am now in the 250's for the first time in forever. 258.2 this morning. #235hereIcome

• Thumbs Up 4

BO THE GOLFER

Completed workouts for the week this morning. Mixed things up throwing in a 6 week HIT program and man is it tough. Doing one set to failure sure feels different on the muscles.Β 

Been uber busy so golf wise I've only been able to do my 5 minutes practice daily at home. We're moving on the 1st so I'm hoping to get to the dome this weekend depending on how much packing I can get done.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

(edited)

Even with trying to pack for our move Friday I managed to get to the gym and the dome today. Gym felt good. Today was a legs/core day with the HIT workout and man do I feel it. Finished of with 15 minutes on the treadmill at 7 incline and 3.5 mph.Β 

The dome was a C+ maybe. Posted a couple of swings in my swing thread. Couldn't get face on as it was packed. Golfers here in MN are dying to get out lolΒ 

Edited by Bo the Golfer

BO THE GOLFER

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

The dome was a C+ maybe.

Honest question: why? Why wasn't it an A?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Honest question: why? Why wasn't it an A?

I think I have this thing about slowing down. Pretty certain had I been born much later I would have been diagnosed with ADD but that wasn't a thing when I was a kid. For me, I felt like I was going crazy slow. I'm also very brutal on myself so an A would be difficult.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

• Administrator

You’re not going to be able to change it going 80% or faster.

Not anytime soon.

No, and intellectually I completely understand that. I read somewhere that swings during a change should be in the 20% of normal speed range. As well as the swing itself, that will really be what I shoot for. I want to play better golf so I'll just need to get out of my own way and put in the work.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

BO THE GOLFER

Down a couple of more lbs. to 256 this morning. If only golf progressed like this lol.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

On 2/26/2024 at 12:32 PM, Bo the Golfer said:

Down a couple of more lbs. to 256 this morning. If only golf progressed like this lol.Β 

It does. Focus on doing the right things the correct way and you’ll see improvement. You’re not shedding those pounds sitting on your couch eating ice cream out of the carton, are you? πŸ˜ƒ

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

It does. Focus on doing the right things the correct way and you’ll see improvement. You’re not shedding those pounds sitting on your couch eating ice cream out of the carton, are you? πŸ˜ƒ

Certainly not. That will be the focus going forward for sure. Thank you.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

(edited)

We hit almost 70 today in MN so I went to an outdoor range. It was windy as all hell so the feel never matched the temp but nice nonetheless. I moved this weekend so I couldn't locate my tripod (of course I did this evening) so I have no video. Tweaked my setup a touch dropping my right foot back a bit. Seemed to really feel like it helped the swing overall. Took a lot of slow practice swings stopping at the top with a short swing but without video I can't be sure that held up well. Ball flight was a slight fade (which I like) so I'm sure I was still OTT. I would give this range session a B- and wish I had video to possibly grade it higher.Β 

Edited by Bo the Golfer

BO THE GOLFER

Workouts have been going great. I was down to 252 yesterday and feel like I'm getting the nutrition and exercise parts working well together. Could always eat more protein but if that's the toughest part of eating that's progress.Β 

Outside of 5 minutes daily practice I haven't done much with golf since the range the other day. It is supposed to be getting to the 50's Sunday and into the 60's for the first half of the week so I'll make it a point to get some swings on video. Now that I got to hit off grass I would say I'm done with the indoor dome unless we get hammered with snow. That hasn't happened yet this winter so fingers crossed.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

So I've started to incorporate a new drill. I put an alignment stick under my right armpit and then take slow backswings. When my arm hits the stick my backswing is done which hopefully will help me keep my swing where I want it. When I can get back to the range I'll do this drill 3 to 5 times then take the stick out and hit a shot. This will be my 5 minute daily practice for the foreseeable future.Β 

Fitness is going well. I continue to get to the gym and was down to 247 yesterday morning. Revised my goal of 240 to 235 but we'll see how it feels when I get to that weight.Β 

BO THE GOLFER

Been a bit of delay in updates but I needed to come back east as my mom's health has taken a serious turn for the worse. In a 3 day span we learned she had a tumor to she has stage 4 cancer and stopped eating and drinking for the most part. She has had a rough 3 months but certainly didn't think we'd be at the point of setting up hospice for her. My mom was never into any sports really other than following the Red Sox because my dad was a big fan. She always cared about what we were involved in including asking about how golf went.Β 

I have kept up with my 5 minutes of daily practice and will go to the gym here in NH tomorrow morning. Despite the somber nature of this trip my family has commented more than a few times about my weight loss so it's important to me to keep it up. I know my mom always wanted us happy in whatever we did so I'll continue with my fitness journey keeping that in mind.Β 

BO THE GOLFER