IGNORED

Poll: Is TW Worse at Logo Design or High Fives?

mchepp

Poll: Is TW worse at Logo Design or High Fives?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is TW worse at Logo Design or High Fives?

• High Fives
    • Logo Design

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2024 at 01:19 AM

We all know Tiger is the best golfer to play the game, ever. There are numerous records that will take years to break if anyone ever does. His fist pump transformed the game. He brought an energy that made people come to watch golf who probably never would have. But, Tiger has a weakness. I think he has two. 

1. He is really bad at high fives. I mean really bad. This video is a pretty good summary of numerous bad high fives. To support those of you who think he is awful at high fives I present a couple of photos.

Masters high five.jpg

woodskucharyo.gif

2. He is also not very good at logo design. His TGR logo is strange, and I admit I have no idea what he was going for. His new Sun Day Red logo looks like he made a prehistoric version of the Slazenger logo. I don't think it is a good look to have a dinosaur Slazenger on an aging golfer, but that's just me. Here are the exhibits for the case against Tiger's logo design being his biggest weakness.

TGR.png

SDR.jpeg

slaz.png

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Poll: Is TW Worse at Logo Design or High Fives?
  • Administrator

Tiger didn't design the logos, so… I voted high fives. But… maybe it was Stevie who was bad at them?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tiger didn't design the logos, so… I voted high fives. But… maybe it was Stevie who was bad at them?

scottfive.gif

I dunno, Stevie started to pure his high fives once he was on Adam Scott's bag....

I also voted high fives. 

Constantine

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

scottfive.gif

I dunno, Stevie started to pure his high fives once he was on Adam Scott's bag....

He learned to just put his hand up and leave it there.

Plus, it was his way of keeping Tiger humble.

😉 

• Funny 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Logo design. TGR at least wasn't horrible but the latest one is just plain bad. The tiger's hind legs look like they are coming off it's its belly. The leap has no ferocity and breaking up Sunday in two words makes no sense and does not land the purpose, if there is one.

The missed high fives? Meh. 

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Tiger didn't design the logos

He could have barfed all over the floor. I am sure the designers would have gotten the hint. Lol

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

… breaking up Sunday in two words makes no sense and does not land the purpose, if there is one.

"But as TaylorMade CEO David Abeles explained that it has to do with “the rule of threes,” and then how golf is played in the “sun” and not just on Sundays. So it’s Sun Day Red!"

Wow, all of that compressed in a logo? I guess I am too simple minded to be impressed.

Vishal S.

The logos are bad. I don't care that he didn't personally design them, they're his brand, ergo, his logos.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I assume he was involved in the approval of the logos, whoever designed them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I voted that he is worse at high-fives. Although I think he is awful at logo design approvals. I don't think Tiger sat down with a sketch pad and came up with the logo himself. However, he gave the nod of approval. The person who did come up with the logo has to be the luckiest SOB in the logo design world. Six months from now he very well could be working at Starbucks.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22