IGNORED

Groin Pain

I'm starting to feel pain in my lead groin inner leg area. I'm kind of wondering if what I'm doing is sliding and then moving backward which is stressing it. But if anybody else has experienced this kind of pain before in your golf swing I would love to know what caused it but also what to do about it. Going to start doing some groin yoga just to make sure that it's not an injury. Golf season here starts this week so I don't want to get hurt.

WITB

Cobra  Wishon 911 D FMAX 10.5 ,EQ-NX 4W, 7W, 4H/6H, 7-LW

Biomech Acculock Ace Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Themightyoz said:

I'm starting to feel pain in my lead groin inner leg area. I'm kind of wondering if what I'm doing is sliding and then moving backward which is stressing it. But if anybody else has experienced this kind of pain before in your golf swing I would love to know what caused it but also what to do about it. Going to start doing some groin yoga just to make sure that it's not an injury. Golf season here starts this week so I don't want to get hurt.

You’re going to want to see a doctor to make sure you don’t have a hernia. I would suggest not doing golf stuff in case it gets aggravated more.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

That's a question better left to a doctor, you may have pulled something, dont chance it. Asking here opens you up to the wise cracks. 

• Upvote 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Depends on where the pain is. If it’s lower abdomen near the pelvic joint, could be a hernia. I’ve had one and you need to see your doctor. If it’s in the leg, down from the pelvis, in the inner thigh, could be a pull. I’ve had several usually from slipping during the downswing. Try to local the exact spot before seeing your doctor.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I did some yoga this morning to loosen things up and it worked so I think it's okay. I've had checks for hernias before it doesn't feel any different than the last time so I think it's just early season aches and pains. That much said from a swing perspective this is always a reminder to put more of the force on the downswing for me into my left femur rather than compressing too far down and then explosively going up. Instead of using the ground to push up and back I just need to use the ground to push back and bear the weight on the femur instead of the inner part of my leg which is what happens when my leg tends to get relatively straight.

WITB

Cobra  Wishon 911 D FMAX 10.5 ,EQ-NX 4W, 7W, 4H/6H, 7-LW

Biomech Acculock Ace Putter