IGNORED

taylormade tp red/black

Note: This thread is 5111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

seem similar to pro v1 and 14 dollars cheaper anyone play with them and have any comparisons to pro v1

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Test show that it is a better ball.

"Eliminate All Compensations."

Bag: 2008 Warbird
Driver: R7 425 10.5 (s)
3 wood: R7 stIrons: RAC MB TP 2-PWWedges: SV 56*10, SV Black Satin 60*10Putter: Anser 4Balls: Black

I started playing them last year and really enjoyed both of them. I find they go farther than the Pro V's on my average hits and keep the ball straighter. I find the Pro V1 though will spin more so if you're looking for primarily short game spin and control the Pro V's may be better but I prefer the TP line overall.

In Ozone blue/argyle bag:

Driver: G10 - 10.5 Grafalloy Prolauch Red Stiff
5 wood: G5 with grafalloy prolaunch blue
Irons 4-Gap: AP2 - Project X 5.5 SW: CG10 56degreeLW: Bob Vokey Spin Milled 60 degreePutter: Studio Style Newport 2 (Custom Shop)Ball: TP Black/Red

I got a dozen TP Black given to me yesterday. Usually play a ProV1x, but am going to give these a shot. Do the black spin more than the red?

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I got a dozen TP Black given to me yesterday. Usually play a ProV1x, but am going to give these a shot. Do the black spin more than the red?

Pro V = TP RED

Pro Vx = TP BLACK The TP Red is a little softer and offers more spin in the shorter irons while the TP Black is designed to be longer.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Pro V = TP RED

Thanks for the help. I will post after I have used them a few times.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

very good balls - I got 6dozen on eBay last year, love this ball.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I've not bought any yet, but I think once I get through the remaining NXT Tours I will be getting some...

I found a TP red that looked like it had been hit once. Surprisingly, the ball lasted me 2.5 rounds (before it fell in a watery grave!)

The NXT Tour has a better flight off the driver, and more distance.
The TP red had great feel off irons, very similar to the ProV1
The ProV1 has better feel round the greens.

I'd say the TP red was a good step up from the NXT, but to me, the ProV1 is still a better ball, althogh the price reflects this.

When I get back to UK golf, where there is less water to lose balls in, I'll be back onto the ProV1 ball I would imagine, but its great to see Taylor Made producing a high quality ball that I see will take a % of the market from Titleist I am sure.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

I have never liked the Titelist balls, to much spin for me. I create alot of spin and it is just too much. The TP Black is the longest ball I have ever played. I have not tried the red yet. Anyway, the black spins just fine for me, I spun it back on a fewh holes last week. I was just trying something new as I usually hit it so that it bounces and then stops. Best ball I have ever played. Though I used to really like the Slazenger Balatas back in the early 90's.

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

I always play pro-v, but have been checking out some new balls recently. I have a few dozen TP Blacks that I'm using now, and then am going to try the Callaway HX.

I am really liking the TP Black. A little longer than the Pro V, especially in colder weather. The cover is nice and has the professional feel similar to the Pro V.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

• 1 year later...

they are illegal in competition....

I was right all along with the performance of this ball as it was blowing me away. Looks like they were illegal and have been removed from the USGA conforming list. Appears Taylormade is replacing with a conforming version called the "tournament edition".... I knew there was a reason why it surpassed the Prov... in a nutshell:
the de-listed(non-conforming that was removed from the USGA list) TP Red is stamped

You make it sound like the TP Red as a whole was a non-conforming ball. That's hardly the case.

Some of our TP Red golf balls were found to exceed the USGA's and R&A; initial velocity rule. Not many –

how are you able to tell though? Do the ones that do conform with the ones that don't have a different stamp? Thats what I thought I read but wouldn't the other 99.8% have the same stamp as the rare ones that are illegal?

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Yes, the ones that are actually out of spec look the same as the ones that are in spec.

That's why they ruled all of the old ones as non-conforming - no way to tell them apart.

There's a new stamp on the new ones, all of which are legal.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

• Administrator
This must be the reason for the huge sale on the Taylormade golf balls.

Could be. Everyone, ruin their plans! Buy the TP Blacks!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!