IGNORED

Question About Callaway XR Pro Driver Weight

I have a Callaway XR Pro Driver that I have been using for 3 years at least.  With some corrections in my backswing it has been working good for me, except in consistent direction.  I have been

wondering if I change the weight in the sole of the club to something a bit heavier, if it may provide positive results regarding consistency.  The height of ball flight is good at a setting of 10 degrees.

Shaft is HZRDUS T800, 5.5, 55g.  The picture shows a 7gm weight under consideration.  The weight on the left is the one I have been using.

Thanks

IMG_1772.JPG

I installed the 7 gm weight and played a round yesterday.  Accuracy was greatly improved as there was only 1 missed fairway.  However,

the club did feel heavier to swing and seemed to result in slower swing speed.  A slightly lighter 5gm weight is on order so will see how that

works after it arrives.

I highly doubt you'll be able to feel or notice a 2 gram difference.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two grams is about one swingweight difference. Most people won’t feel that. Usually it takes about two or three swingweight to be noticeable.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the feedback bill and klineka.  I played today and our senior scramble is tomorrow.  I am feeling the extra 7gms, and not

in a good way, although the drive's direction is still better.

• iacas changed the title to Question About Callaway XR Pro Driver Weight

The new weight (5gm) that I ordered has been going around in circles within USPS.  Three days ago it was here in Wichita, then went to Kansas City, Omaha, and back to KC.  So, in the meantime I ordered and received(!) a like new Callaway XR driver head.  It is very close to the XR Pro, a little larger (30cc?), and no removeable weight.  With the new head on my shaft it looks promising after a driving range session.