IGNORED

Shoe Recommendations

The only features I really look for in a golf shoe is that they’re extremely comfortable and they have to be waterproof. 

I’ve been looking at the ASICS Kayano Ace since that’s the running shoe I wear and I absolutely love them but I’m also intrigued with True Linkswear. Their website lists the following models as waterproof: 

• Lux Hybrid
  • Original 1.2
  • FS-Tour
  • Lux G
  • Lux Tour 
  • OG Tour

I like the look of the Lux Hybrid and Originals the best but would be interested in everyone’s input and recommendations. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, wetzel1592 said:

The only features I really look for in a golf shoe is that they’re extremely comfortable and they have to be waterproof. 

I’ve been looking at the ASICS Kayano Ace since that’s the running shoe I wear and I absolutely love them but I’m also intrigued with True Linkswear. Their website lists the following models as waterproof: 

• Lux Hybrid
  • Original 1.2
  • FS-Tour
  • Lux G
  • Lux Tour 
  • OG Tour

I like the look of the Lux Hybrid and Originals the best but would be interested in everyone’s input and recommendations. 

The Original is great. The OG Tour is almost the same. The FS Tour is a narrower shoe if you want that, but it's good too.

Some of the Luxes are good if you don't mind the heel drop.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, wetzel1592 said:

What is the benefit of the zero drop shoes? 

If you have to ask, it may not matter to you in the least.

You've probably just always bought whatever, and so you may just be fine to keep doing so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

If you have to ask, it may not matter to you in the least.

You've probably just always bought whatever, and so you may just be fine to keep doing so.

But if you had to pick just one you’d go with the originals? 

44 minutes ago, wetzel1592 said:

But if you had to pick just one you’d go with the originals? 

I would.

I 100% love the zero drop. It puts my feet in a more natural position. To my feeling it makes me "feel" like I'm in a more athletic position. I'm not sure you'll get the same benefit, but I also love the large toe-box offered in the OG styles. Like a lot of the older guys on this forum, I've had my share of foot issues. (Plantar Fasciitis, Morton's Neuroma, etc...) The OG's seem to help all of these issues. 

I have been playing golf since we wore metal spikes. I've tried lots of shoes. I can tell you without hesitation that the True Linkswear OG's are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I now only wear the True Linkswear OG styles. 

One of the very few golf products I rave about to the point where somebody may assume I'm biased and/or being paid a commission or something. But I like them that much. I'm a raving fan.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.