IGNORED

Favorite Golf Company

Note: This thread is 5513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite golf company?

• Adams
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • TaylorMade
    • Ping
    • Mizuno
    • Titleist
    • Cobra
    • Other. Who, and why?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that Titleist clubs are for better golfers. I want to be one of them. One of the best ways to do that is follow their lead on the tools of the trade.

I totally agree. I was not saying that they are not good clubs by any stretch. I just believe that people may, due to the aura surrounding Titleist clubs, be drawn to them more then other brands when trying to get to the next level.

In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

taylormade all the way .
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

Almost all my clubs are Powerbilt. I know they are not a well known name anymore but I love the clubs that I have. Sometimes I feel you are paying for a name considering what others charge. I have had great customer service when I have called them also.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Sometimes I feel you are paying for a name considering what others charge.

I agree, but it is also true that to many people the name brand clubs feel better so they buy them. Also, generally, the big name companies have more resources to put into R&D; and production, so their clubs are better then the less well knows companies. Plus people might gain confidence knowing that they have the most expensive, newest clubs.

Driver r7 460 10.5*

I'm a mixed bag because I am not a one company man. I love taylormade drivers, mizuno irons, and titleist balls. So I guess those three. Cobra is ok too :)

That's a good thing, as this article says, having only one brand in your bag can be a negative thing, unless you play really well and show that them that you are not a hacker.

Driver r7 460 10.5*

i like titleist great balls and i am a huge fan of their hybrids woods and irons

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

• 2 weeks later...
PING!!! Everything in my bag seems to be heading that way. G10 driver on the horizon....

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite company will be the one that sponsors me and gives me thousands and thousands of dollars worth of free clubs, shoes, gloves, etc.......

Driver: Hi-Bore XL 8.5* X-Stiff

3 Wood: ORLIMAR VT830 15* Stiff

Irons: RPM Undercut OS 4-GW Sand Wedge: CG 10 54*Lob Wedge: 588 60*Putter: White Steel 2-Ball CS Ball: NXTBag: IDEA Stand Bag

When I looked at the post I immediately thought “Oh, it would obviously be PING”. Thinking about it, I decided I’m completely biased by the brand, since most of my equipment has been PING since I can remember. I have never hit an Adams, Cleveland (Except for a CG10 Wedge), Nike or Mizuno club in my life, only hit Taylormade drivers and fairway woods, Only hit Cobra’s irons, etc.

The fact is I’m sure most people just haven’t “tried” a lot of the equipment out there which might be even better suited for them. I guess some of us just go for the brand we like even before thinking on other possibilities, and in case we find something good otherwise we try to match “our brand” with it.

Most of the time, and here I speak for myself, even forgiving more faults than you would not accept in other brand clubs, just because it’s the brand you love.

Cheers..

hiro honma makes the best golf equipment

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Other - I'll vote for Wilson. They've really revitalized their Staff line of products and their prices are very reasonable.

Every company in my opinion has their niche. I love Ping bags, the best ever made. Drivers and woods are made well by a certain few... Callaway and TM would be my votes. All the big boys make good irons, up to your preference. Cleveland and Vokey are the tops in wedges. As far as putters go, the argument could go on forever.....
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

I am obviously off on a tangent. MacGregor was not even one of the choices to vote on. I used to sell clubs and have tons of them sitting around from every manufacturer.

My understanding is that MacGregor used to make great clubs, then they started turning out crap. This ended a few years ago; however, their popularity does not seem to have rebounded.

I play MacGregor M565 irons. They are the best irons I have ever hit, and the components are second to none. Forged cavity backs, high quality stock shafts (Rifle), along with reduced offsets. For the money, MacGregor is currently offering some of the best clubs out there.
Whats in my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 460
Fairway/Hybrid: 15 & 19 degree Nickent 3dx Utility
Irons: MacGregor M565
Wedges: Cleveland 900 RTG 54 & 58 degreePutter: Odyssey DFX 2 ball

for drivers and irons ill take taylormade r7's over anything

for wedges cleveland or titleist

for a putter Yes!

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Note: This thread is 5513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!