IGNORED

Hogan and Sorenstam

iacas
Note: This thread is 5875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who has had the better career to date: Annika or Hogan?

• Ben Hogan (64 wins, 9 majors)
    • Annika Sorenstam (64 wins, 9 majors)
    • It's a dead heat.

So Did Hagen and Jones and Palmer and Nicklaus---

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Im saying that any great player can have a set of clubs named after them--So can Annika

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Interestingly enough, Ben Hogan once said Mickey Wright had the best swing in all of golf, men or women.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Hogan had a set of clubs named after him, sure - he started the company!

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

don't know how or why this thread is back to life... but here's my 2 cents...

It's a little tough for me since I have been here for Annika, but not for Ben. That being said, Annika is the BEST female golfer to have ever played the game and that fact alone puts her a notch above Ben in my book. Ben is probably somewhere between 3rd and 7th depending who you ask. It is also difficult to compare the men's game and the women's. It does now seem clear that Tiger will seperate himself from the field more than Annika will. Especially since Ochoa just might come roaring into a charge for best female golfer (although she still has a lot to do to pass Annika).
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Remember that golf was no near the popularity of today....The population is larger and there is more depth in talent....who knows the Hagen of yesteryear could have been just as good as a say John Rollins of today...theres more golfers today in the population........the game was far too exclusive yesteryear...

Remember that golf was no near the popularity of today....The population is larger and there is more depth in talent....who knows the Hagen of yesteryear could have been just as good as a say John Rollins of today...theres more golfers today in the population........the game was far too exclusive yesteryear...

I agree with you that the talent is deeper now than ever. The athletes are also better now than ever. I still chose Hogan because he overcame a major injury that could have ended his life, much less his career. Granted Anikka has recently come back from a major neck injury and I do believe she is the greatest female player ever. Close call, but Hogan gets a slight nod from me. The club argument seems a little weak. If there was a company that thought they could make a fortune selling Anikka, you can bet they would do it.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I agree with you that the talent is deeper now than ever. The athletes are also better now than ever. I still chose Hogan because he overcame a major injury that could have ended his life, much less his career. Granted Anikka has recently come back from a major neck injury and I do believe she is the greatest female player ever. Close call, but Hogan gets a slight nod from me. The club argument seems a little weak. If there was a company that thought they could make a fortune selling Anikka, you can bet they would do it.

players may be more athletic but i don't think they have the mental game, hagen was just way too cool

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• Administrator
Its definately Annika....she was Tiger a couple years ago. She shot a 59 remember that. She is the best womens golfer ever...As for Hogan...his competition was limited...remember most of America was in the working class. Only the the wealthy dare touch a golf course other than caddies and grounds crew personnel. The game was far too exclusive back in hogans day.

If you know anything about Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson, or most of their peers from that era. then you would have to realize how flat out IDIOTIC that post is.

r7, you're officially a moron. And not just because you can't spell "definitely." Hogan... wealthy. Ha ha ha!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You know the reason why Private Clubs got started...it was to keep the poor out..I know because i work at Oakmont--i hear the stories all the time--golf was exclusive back in Hogans day--in fact the winner one of the opens in the 1900-1920 competed against 5 men

You know the reason why Private Clubs got started...it was to keep the poor out..I know because i work at Oakmont--i hear the stories all the time--golf was exclusive back in Hogans day--in fact the winner one of the opens in the 1900-1920 competed against 5 men

Golf may have been exclusive at the country clubs, but a lot of the pros did not have money. Many of them made more money on side games than they did from the actual tournaments. A lot of these guys drove from course to course with other players. Many slept in cars to save money.

Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator

Uhm, let me diagram this for you:

[pre]the point -> • ...[thousands of miles].... r7 425 -> x[/pre] In other words, you've missed the point. Again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

golf was exclusive back in Hogans day--in fact the winner one of the opens in the 1900-1920 competed against 5 men

Hogan played from 1938 to 1959, not 1900 to 1920, and secondly the fewest amount of players EVER in the US Open was 10 in 1895. At no point between 1900-1920 were there less than 39 players in the field, I don't know where you are getting your "facts" from, but they are wrong. Read here because you obviously need to read up on things http://66.128.148.121/cgi.pan$results&mjr1900;&U.S.;_Open&mjr;?golfstats

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Exactly todays US Open fields are 160 deep

Exactly todays US Open fields are 160 deep

??????? What about the 5 men thing. Were the others boys?

Note: This thread is 5875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!