IGNORED

What does your CLOTHING say about you?

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Daly was a novelty for Jerry Springer fans.

so your saying your a jerry springer fan? because im sure many would agree that show is less tasteful than jeans on the golf course..

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i play an actual round i try to get a little dressed to the part. I usually wear some type of golf shorts and a golf shirt. But im covered head to toe in tattoos so ill never fully look the part. But it is humorous to me when i go play golf and i look like shit and i play with some guy that spent more on his outfit than i did on my clubs and i beat those fancy pants right off of him.

Ian, I was not introduced to the game because of Daly. I do not view Daly as opening any doors in the game of golf. That is what I mean by Springer Nation.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I just wear my cargo shorts, a polo shirt not tucked in, and my Titleist dryfit hat. I haven't been given a hard time yet about the shorts so they are permanently on my personal dress code.

Driver: R7 425 9.5 degree
3 Wood: 904F 15 degree S300
Hybrids: 585h 21 and 24 degree S300
Irons: 755's 4-PW reg steel
Wedges: 52 and 56 degree wedges with lead tape covering the label (unsure of which design) and a Vokey spin milled 60.08 Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select 33"Bal...

I didn't realize how many nerves this question would touch when I posted it. If you look at where people are from, it seems partially to be a geographic question. I'm a New Yorker who plays local muni's but still try to look like a golfer. But, being a New Yorker all my life, I guess there are different standards in different parts of the country. I guess if I were down south or someplace more rural where the jeans & tee shirt look was accepted, I'd be the odd man out.

Depends alot on where you come from and what you're used to.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

If you look at where people are from, it seems partially to be a geographic question. I'm a New Yorker who plays local muni's but still try to look like a golfer.

We have tons of upper echelon nice public/semi private courses here in northern VA and I'd say most of them, if not all, say no to jeans and t-shirts.

Just wear a collared shirt and non denim pants/shorts and you are fine. Shouldn't be that big of a deal to do that. You don't even have to tuck it in, just look presentable.

Driver: R7 425 9.5 degree
3 Wood: 904F 15 degree S300
Hybrids: 585h 21 and 24 degree S300
Irons: 755's 4-PW reg steel
Wedges: 52 and 56 degree wedges with lead tape covering the label (unsure of which design) and a Vokey spin milled 60.08 Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select 33"Bal...

clothing means nothing, period... ive played with people who wore a t shirt and jeans and smoked me, its all about the sticks

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

i try to look like davis love III

In my x78 stand bag
Driver Tour Burner 9.5 REAX stiff
3 Wood 906F4 15.5 Aldila VS Proto stiff
Hybrid IDEA Pro Gold Matrix Ozik stiff
Irons AP1 4-W DG S300Wedges Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54, V-Foil Tour 60Putter Red X 35"Ball ProV1

clothing means nothing, period... ive played with people who wore a t shirt and jeans and smoked me, its all about the sticks

That may be true but, there is a "uniform" for every sport. Play along.

Don't be the brown suit at the black tie ball.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I def want to look my best so I'm not one to talk but I dont get caught up with what others are wearing

I'll always wear pants, because thats the standard on tour and I'm just stupid like that

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

For a round of golf, black or tan slacks, black shoes, polo-style shirt and baseball cap. I will not swing a golf club with a tucked shirt nor will I enter a clubhouse with an un-tucked shirt. No spikes. No gloves. No corporate logos.

On the driving range, I like mil-spec BDU trousers, t-shirt, backward baseball cap and bare feet.

The only thing worse than not having enough respect for the game is having too much respect for any game.

Mick

Woods: Callaway X Fairway 15°, 18°, 21°
Irons: Callaway X-14 Steelhead 4-9
Wedges: Carbite Tour Insert 52°, 56°, 60°
Putter: Carbite ZH

I just wear whatever suits the weather that day. If its chilly... pants and under armour under a polo. If its warm out... shorts and probably some type of thin polo.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I wear my white A-Flex Titleist hat, with a C9 dri-fit collared shirt, and just khaki/cargo-type shorts.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

No, not really. Remember the best players in the world all know how to dress. You don't see Tiger looking like an idiot in a teeshirt and jeans on a golf course. He respects the game. Plus, for all we know you suck and get smoked by everyone.

The only thing worse than not having enough respect for the game is having too much respect for any game.

WTF does that mean? Did you make that garbage quote up yourself

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On my home course, as far as I know the only dress code rule is no wifebeaters, tank-tops.
I wouldn't know exactley because I always dress to impress. My Kahki's or slacks, A polo shirt usually a old navy. If it is EXTREMELY hot, I will wear some shorts, no to sure of the proper name, and again, a polo. I do sense that I act more of a gentlemen If I am dressed like one.

I adhere to the dress code of the course....but I am most comfortable in jeans and a golf shirt....I play better when I feel at ease....
Golf has its traditions but.....as a non-pro....golf is a personal game to me....

Ty

Stix:

Driver: Taylormade superquad 9.5 deg
Fairway: Taylormade burner 3 & 5 woods)
Hybrid: Taylormade 3iIrons 1: Mizuno MP-32Irons 2: Tommy Armour muscleback bladesIrons 3: Wilson Staff Goosenecks (1984Wedges:Titliest vokey and & lob 60 degPutter 1: Tad Moore MnBr bladePutter 2: Tommy Armour...

And golf is a game for rich, stuck up, arrogant snobs who are better than everyone else. And this thread is playing to the stereotype very well.

Aren't you the sensitive one. Except the jean thing has nothing to do with money. If you showed up to your local community basketball court wearing jeans, you think the boys there wouldn't have an opinion? Of course they would. Trying to making this a golf snobbery thing is silly and childish.

It's not about money. Everyone wears jeans, just not on the golf course.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!