IGNORED

Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 5823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Plans for the weekend

• Traveling
    • Staying home
    • Working

What are you guys doing this weekend? For the first time in about 10 years we have decided to stay home. With gas prices over $4 per gallon we decided not to take our regular trip to West Michigan. We started thinking about spending $150+ on gas, dealing with traffic, all the other expenses we have when we go out there and decided to stay home instead. It was a tough call, because one of my favorite courses is 10 minutes from where we stay. In the past we played 18 every morning and often went back for 9 more in the evening.

We have a lot of yard work to get done and I will be working for a couple hours on Saturday. My son is also walking in the Memorial Day Parade with his baseball league. I will try to make the best of it though. I have a tee time on Sunday morning and we will be playing a make up round for our league night that we missed last night. I will also be pushing my luck and trying to play Monday morning too.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Me and my girlfriend are traveling down to Pasadena, Calif to visit some friends and family. While there, I'm going to be playing at the Brookside Golf Course right next to the Rose Bowl.

Unfortunately I couldn't get an early enough tee time for Brookside #1, so we had to settle for #2. I'm really looking forward to it either way.

What are you guys doing this weekend? For the first time in about 10 years we have decided to stay home. With gas prices over $4 per gallon we decided not to take our regular trip to West Michigan. We started thinking about spending $150+ on gas, dealing with traffic, all the other expenses we have when we go out there and decided to stay home instead. It was a tough call, because one of my favorite courses is 10 minutes from where we stay. In the past we played 18 every morning and often went back for 9 more in the evening.

$150 in gas to drive within your state? is it from one end to the other or is your gas mileage that bad?

Playing golf, what else?

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Memorial Day has always been a "stay home" Holiday for us.
7:12 tee time Saturday w/BBQ @ the house for friends/neighbors afternoon
7:30 tee time Sunday w/taking boat out to Hogback Island for afternoon
8:50 tee time Monday w/absolutely no plans for afternoon!

and the course is within walking distance. :) :)
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Fargin Bastages! My in-laws are in town so no golf for me. Hopefully I can at least get out to practice a little bit. Double whammy: in-laws visitng and no golf!

I'm looking forward to NEXT weekend when my club match play tournament starts.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

$150 in gas to drive within your state? is it from one end to the other or is your gas mileage that bad?

It's about 230 miles one way and we get about 18 highway in a Chrysler Aspen. We would also be doing some driving while we were there. I figured 1 1/2 to drive there and back and another 1/2 tank while we are there. Add the extra golf (a necessary expense), food, beer, entertainment, more beer and we were looking at a few hundred bucks for three days.

Also, I don't think we get VS. on our cable there and I will not miss Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I'm starting to wish I was going out of town.

Sat: 9-12:30 Work, 3-5:00 Son has Boy Scout Swim Test, In between I will be doing yard work and some odd jobs for a client. Sat Night Wings Game.

Sun: 8:32 Golf, 1-3:00 Younger Son has to work on parade float for Cub Scouts, after that 9 more holes and more yard work.

Monday: 9:00 both kids are walking in the parade, followed by more yard work. Hopefully a round of golf in the PM and a BBQ.

Gas and everything is too high for now, since my wages aren't keeping up with inflation. However, I am going to play this weekend, just locally, with a simple barbeque and music. after sunday church service.

NYC has expensive everything: bridges ($5.00) one way, tolls, gas ($4.35ish).

Its not that I'm cheap, just being frugal. I'll break out the honda civic hybrid this weekend.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

Saturday: Tee Time at Kingswood (my home course)
Sunday: No plans yet...golf is always a possibility
Monday: Heading to Turning Stone to play the Shenendoah course.

My Website: Qwowi Golf

In my Atlas Bag:
Driver: R7 SuperQuad 9.5° VS Proto 65-S
3+ Wood: G10 4 Wood: G10 Hybrid: 585H VS Proto 80-SIrons: X-20 Tour 5-PWGap Wedge: Vokey 200 Series 52°Sand Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56°Lob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Bettinardi BC1

Hopefully at least two rounds of golf, and a big cookout with friends Monday. I hope everyone has a good weekend

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Stay home and buy some oil stocks!

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Saturday: seeing trainer (morning), seeing movie with dad afternoon.
Sunday: Barbecue from noon on, did not get tee time.
Monday: Movie with dad morning, a different barbecue afternoon/evening.

Damn, no golf. Last Memorial Day I went to Palm Springs and played. I'm getting soft in my old age. I'll need to ramp up the golf in June then.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saturday--9 holes at 6-6:30 am--Lunch with In laws at noon (at least it is at Roma Cafe--for those that know Detroit).
Sunday--No plans as of yet, yardwork most likely
Monday--trying to get a group togehter to go play.

Have a good one.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Saturday: First Men's League Tourney at 7AM followed by some friends in town for another 18 at 2pm

Sunday: 11am round then off to work

Monday: Same as Sunday

In my Hoofer:

Driver: Big Bertha Warbird 9*
3Wood: Big Bertha
Irons: Eye2 BeCu 2-PWWedges: 56 & 60 RTG 588Putter: Sedona

Saturday : 7:37am tee time followed by excessive drinking in the bar afterwards

Sunday : Non-home local course with 3 friends in the morning, bbq in the afternoon

Monday : 11:07 tee time with another couple, probably bbq again when we get home

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!