IGNORED

Ian Poulter - Ass

iacas
Note: This thread is 2025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
So did everyone miss Tiger throwing his club on the 18th on Sunday?

Nope. And Tiger's antics aren't on-topic, yet they've already been discussed. Tiger didn't direct any of his behavior AT anyone, and cussing and flipping the bird are two different things.

I feel that Iacas has taken offense to what happened to him when he took photo's of Poulter and this is the reason he focuses on Poulters behaviour.

I didn't take offense, but I found his behavior offensive. Big difference. And I haven't "focused" on Ian's behavior any more than you have by commenting here, and I even witnessed it first-hand.

Bad behaviour is exhibited by lots of top players on tour, some players behaviour is more publicised than others, hence a biased opinion against Poulter.

Bzzzzt, wrong - and already answered. Tiger doesn't flip birds every other round or routinely curse out OTHER people. Phil doesn't. Vijay doesn't. Heck, not many other people I can think of do.

Pat Perez flipped off the hole at one point a few years back. That's one I can think of. Sergio spit in the cup and was roasted - rightly - for it. Either way, this thread's about Ian Poulter, not what other people do.
Nope - but I did miss what that has to do with Ian's behavior. Star a new thread if you like but Ian has acted like a petulant child - that's the discussion here.

Right on.

So it's clear: if you want to talk about Tiger or someone else, start a new thread (or, preferably, post in one of the many that are already talking about Tiger's behavior). Don't do it here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So did everyone miss Tiger throwing his club on the 18th on Sunday?

Iacas didnt even take pictures of Poulter...it was someone totally different, and even THAT person wasnt in the wrong, as he didnt take pictures until AFTER Ian made his stroke. Again, I dont put put cussing at yourself and throwing clubs in the same zip code as cussing out spectators and flipping off the ball. Those arent "heat of the battle" reactions.....they are just immature and sad.

"Come ON guys! Not during my swing! Christ. JESUS. For f-" (Live mic feed mysteriously cuts out suddenly).
Tiger Woods, US Open, 2007.
The remarks were clearly directed to a group of people that included someone who'd just taken a photo.
Although there was no live feed, he clearly continued to cuss out but it can't be said for certain that every word was spoken directly to the culprit - or those around him/her, as he may have misidentified who actually did it (it happens), as he took a couple of steps in the opposite direction. Nor can one swear that every word was foul but cursory lip-reading would indicate that quite a few were. However, it must be conceded, the mammoth gob he discharged from his mouth was projected in a different direction entirely.
Off topic? In defence, if it is claimed that Poulter is somehow uniquely badly behaved and no-one else does it then evidence that others have is rebuttal, not deviation.

"

You said YOURSELF that it could not be said with certainty that it was directed as a cussing out of a person. What the heck? Either stay on topic of how Ian accosted the person who edits this site (as in he is the eye witness because it happened

to him ) or simply admit you have issue with someone not caring for your favorite golfer. It is DEVIATION as the thread was about Ian's behavior not Tiger's. If you would like to compare the 2 then start your own thread - this is specifically about Ian not about rationalizing what he did or didn't do based on someone else's behavior. "But Daaad, everyone else is doing it" doesn't fly here. (my 8 year old knows better that that, and the cry of "Tiger does it too" is on the same level)

Andrew

• Administrator
Off topic?

Yes, and you've been told so several times now, and if you don't believe so, you're being told now.

Furthermore, discussion of what is and isn't on-topic IS OFF-TOPIC itself. I suggest you do not post here again, Anselm.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am pretty sure Iacas isnt emotionally scarred, or losing sleep over getting cussed at by a silly dressing, mid-level at best "professional" golfer. If he HAD indeed taken pictures of the big baby during his SWING, Iacas would have deserved any tongue lashing he gets....but he didnt. If some idiot took a picture of Tiger DURING his swing, he should expect to get criticized. Point is, Poulter is an all around ass who flips off a golf ball when HE misses the putt, and develops an "injury" while in the process of getting his ass handed to him and missing the cut.

• 4 weeks later...
Poulter is at it again- being a knob at the Scottish Open. He said some expletive that i can't repeat after a putt and then had to give an explanation after the round as to what he said. He denies that he said c##t, although everybody heard it at home as so.

Poulter is at it again- being a knob at the Scottish Open. He said some expletive that i can't repeat after a putt and then had to give an explanation after the round as to what he said. He denies that he said c##t, although everybody heard it at home as so.

Please get your facts right, he said "get to the hole you ponce". Poulter spoke to officials from the European tour and was cleared via video evidence, Poulter was also backed up by his playing partner Fasth. I understand you want to make him look bad but don't make things up, no expletives were used unless you consider "ponce" to be an expletive.... he definitely did not say c**t.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Please get your facts right, he said "get to the hole you ponce". Poulter spoke to officials from the European tour and was cleared via video evidence, Poulter was also backed up by his playing partner Fasth.

the commentary team were taken a back in the BBC hut. Ken Brown apologised to viewers at home ('Im sorry if that upset you at home').If he did not say it then why did he have to apologise afterwards? He's facing a fine at least on this.

the commentary team were taken a back in the BBC hut. Ken Brown apologised to viewers at home ('Im sorry if that upset you at home').If he did not say it then why did he have to apologise afterwards? He's facing a fine at least on this.

Maybe you should do some research first?

Quoted from the bbc website: "Ian Poulter, meanwhile, will not be penalised after he was cleared of using bad language during his second round. The 32-year-old shouted out after a poor shot at the 10th and it was initially thought he had sworn, but Poulter insisted he had said: "Get to the hole you ponce." He was later cleared by video evidence. "I'm a bit disappointed it's been interpreted another way but I've not done anything wrong and I'm quite happy I've not said something I shouldn't have," said Poulter, who was also backed by playing partner Niclas Fasth."

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

It was still unpleasant anyway. Poulters obnoxious aggresive demeanour on the course is not everyones' cup of tea.

Yes but thats opinion.

I have followed Poulter for a number of holes and it is worth pointing out he is not like this on every hole, he is no worse than Monty who's behaviour is in fact a lot worse than Poulters consistently.

It was still unpleasant anyway. Poulters obnoxious aggresive demeanour on the course is not everyones' cup of tea.

if ian and these golfers knew what damaging affect their aggressive behavior and foul language was having on the kids watching, they would stop

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Iacas, your boy is about to win the Open. How does that feel?

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

• Administrator
Hey Iacas, your boy is about to win the Open. How does that feel?

Padraig Harrington? Seems kind of off-topic, no?

And what would I care? Wouldn't affect my opinion of his attitude, demeanor, and personality. I never said anything bad about his golf skills.

HA HA!! Suck it Poulter! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Way to go Paddy!! Harrington = 100% class!! Poulter = 100% Ass. Guess its not quite you and Tiger and then everybody else. Huh Ian?

"You're not good enough to get mad. Enjoy the round." Arnold Palmer to Jim Leyland.

Driver: Taylormade r5 80 10.5
Irons: Taylormade RAC OS 3-PW True temper reg flex
Hybrid: Nike Rescue 18* graphite stiff flexWedge: Taylormade RAC 56* satinWedge: Cleveland Tour Action 60*Putter: Odyssey White...

I was actually cheering for Poulter to win or at least get into a playoff. I'm not a big fan of the guy's attitude at times, but he does have serious game. And his brash attitude makes things interesting. We need more guys like Kim and Poulter contending every week.

Note: This thread is 2025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!