IGNORED

Memorial Talk -- JB Holmes & Nick Faldo

Cleveland Gunmetal
Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Everyone see JB Holmes just blow by Jack after his round (was hard to miss it)? Looks like he was waiting to shake his hand and JB just went on by... Whoa, I hope he just didn't see him.

Also, was I the only one getting tired of listening to Nick Faldo talk about his work with Justin Rose, or "Rosie" I should say? I understand it's a story but they kept it going and going and going for two days. Nick made it sound like if Rose, uhh, Rosie won they should just hand the trophy over to him. Let me say I generally like Faldo's commentary so perhaps this week he was on a European high, much like Ian Baker-Finch gets when too many Australians are in contention.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Some of it was Faldo, but a lot of it was Jim Nantz constantly bringing it up. Faldo might have been sick of talking about it as well.

As for J.B. Holmes, it's anyone's guess what was going on in his mind at the time. I'm sure he saw Nicklaus, but you never know. He might have been so pissed about his round, he was just ready to get the hell out of the place. I'd shake Jack's hand though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Some of it was Faldo, but a lot of it was Jim Nantz constantly bringing it up. Faldo might have been sick of talking about it as well.

Agreed. I got sick of hearing Nantz ask about it.

As for J.B. Holmes, it's anyone's guess what was going on in his mind at the time.

JB isn't the brightest crayon in the box.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I only caught the tail end of the JB Holmes episode due to local weather breaking in with Tornado warnings, but I caught enough to wonder what just happened, seemed a little strange to me.

As far a Faldo talking about Justin Rose it did seem like Nantz was beating it to death, I think he even said something to Jack about it to. I find......Jim......Nantz......to be......very.......annoying(immitating his drawn out speech)

The nice thing about watching it in HD with 5.1 audio is I can turn the center channel completely off and not hear the announcers at all and just listen to the golf course ambience, well until a commercial comes on and it gets super loud talking about ED, ugghh.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I only caught the tail end of the JB Holmes episode due to local weather breaking in with Tornado warnings, but I caught enough to wonder what just happened, seemed a little strange to me.

nantz is very annoying......you are so lucky you can turn him off and still hear the course

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

nantz is very annoying......you are so lucky you can turn him off and still hear the course

I discovered it by accident one day when adjusting levels, I can't tell you how many times I wished the announcers would stop talking so I could hear the interaction of the player and caddy.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Not to mention the silly crap Gary McCord talks about. I actually enjoy watching the Nationwide tour better because TGC does a good job with the coverage. No silly crap, they just talk about the golf. They also do a good job with the Champions tour.

I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of CBS.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Jim Nantz is the one thing I hate about the Masters telecasts. Unfortunately, he's one of those guys who will be around forever.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

i have a feeling that pga tour commish tim finchem is going to be handing out a hefty fine or suspension to jb holmes for not shaking jack's hand

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I think you guys are right about Nantz. Did seem he beat the topic to death, constantly bringing it up which is sort of the norm for him but it also seemed like Faldo took off running with it each time. Maybe the problem is I watch too much golf and thus endured the same story over and over again. I won't argue that. Sort of reminds me of the US Open at Oakmont and having to listen to Johnny talk about his 63 repeatedly for days, although that actually was far worse than this.

I didn't tape the final round or anything so I just saw JB live and sort of assumed he just missed Jack standing there. Again, I have only seen it once but everything I read now indicates he did see him and wanting no part of him, which isn't cool at all. Gotta suck it up for a few seconds JB...

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!