IGNORED

Random Thoughts and Musings

BallStriker
Note: This thread is 5820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just some random thoughts....please add anything you would like.

1. What in the [blank] is wrong with the Golf Channel website since the "upgrade" a few months ago. I don't think I have ever experienced a website with so many dead hyperlinks. We deserve better.

2. It is good to see the media recognizing that C. Montgomerie also choked away the US Open at Winged Foot (along with, of course, PMick). My question is, why is Jim Furyk not also included in the group of chokers? Did he not miss two very short putts and would have been in a playoff if he made either one?

3. I saw a commercial for Ping putters the other day and noticed it included a scene with Calcavechia. I just love big Calc, but to have him endorse a putter is like having John Daly endorse a product like TrimSpa.

4. As time goes on, I really think Phil Mickelson is an under-appreciated golfer. So many like to knock him for not winning more, but he has been a rock solid top-5 guy for many years. With the demise of other great talents of his generation (Duval, Els, Goosen to name a few), Phil has really shown mettle staying near the top and always seeming to perform well in the majors.

5. Say what you will about Sergio, but I like the guy. He speaks his mind, doesn't pull puches, wears his emotions on his sleeve and pulls a ton of chicks. So he may rub people the wrong way at times, deal with it.

6. Anyone else totally in lust for Samantha on Big Break Kanapalli? Wow, what a great rack -- and simply no modesty with the tight tops she wears. Cheers Sam, you are one of the good ones.

7. Major props to DL 3 for gutting through the US Open qualifier. Congrats and good luck.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

1. What in the [blank] is wrong with the Golf Channel website since the "upgrade" a few months ago. I don't think I have ever experienced a website with so many dead hyperlinks. We deserve better.

I check out the website on occasion but not enough to notice any of the logistics. I will agree they should have things at a top-notch level.

2. It is good to see the media recognizing that C. Montgomerie also choked away the US Open at Winged Foot (along with, of course, PMick). My question is, why is Jim Furyk not also included in the group of chokers? Did he not miss two very short putts and would have been in a playoff if he made either one?

Monty and Phil's situations were different than Furyk's and Harrington's. They seriously had the tournament by the throat. Monty hits a horrid short-iron shot from a good location. Lefty jacked his drive and then decided to mess up his hero shot as well. Both of these guys had a great chance to win it outright which would have made the other guys' putts meaningless.

3. I saw a commercial for Ping putters the other day and noticed it included a scene with Calcavechia. I just love big Calc, but to have him endorse a putter is like having John Daly endorse a product like TrimSpa.

Regardless of his putting, Calc still has won a good amount and has made a ton of money playing professional golf. That sells.

4. As time goes on, I really think Phil Mickelson is an under-appreciated golfer. So many like to knock him for not winning more, but he has been a rock solid top-5 guy for many years. With the demise of other great talents of his generation (Duval, Els, Goosen to name a few), Phil has really shown mettle staying near the top and always seeming to perform well in the majors.

Agreed. If Lefty wasn't a part of the Tiger Era, he would probably be considered one of the greatest of all time. He has 34 wins and 3 majors. That's impressive. I'm not a fan, but he is almost underrated a little these days.

5. Say what you will about Sergio, but I like the guy. He speaks his mind, doesn't pull puches, wears his emotions on his sleeve and pulls a ton of chicks. So he may rub people the wrong way at times, deal with it.

Agreed. I don't always agree with Sergio's actions, but I have always enjoyed watching the guy. And those who read this website know I don't mind speaking my opinion, and I appreciate Sergio doing the same. And is it fun watching him hit an iron-shot or what? Putting, however, is a different story.

6. Anyone else totally in lust for Samantha on Big Break Kanapalli? Wow, what a great rack -- and simply no modesty with the tight tops she wears. Cheers Sam, you are one of the good ones.

There are a lot of girls on this year's Big Break that are easy on the eyes. Sam is definitely one of, if not, the prettiest though.

7. Major props to DL 3 for gutting through the US Open qualifier. Congrats and good luck.

It's nice to see DL3 qualify, but it would be even nicer if he was playing well enough to not have to qualify like that. And he better get to work because I picked him to make this year's Ryder Cup team.

Nice topic man.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
What in the [blank] is wrong with the Golf Channel website since the "upgrade" a few months ago. I don't think I have ever experienced a website with so many dead hyperlinks. We deserve better.

No kidding. I've tried a few times to find their "What's in the Bag" stuff. Impossible.

My question is, why is Jim Furyk not also included in the group of chokers?

He did miss the putts, but he putted out so far before all the "big drama" that people forget about him.

I saw a commercial for Ping putters the other day and noticed it included a scene with Calcavechia. I just love big Calc, but to have him endorse a putter is like having John Daly endorse a product like TrimSpa.

There's more than a grain of truth to that statement.

As time goes on, I really think Phil Mickelson is an under-appreciated golfer. So many like to knock him for not winning more, but he has been a rock solid top-5 guy for many years. With the demise of other great talents of his generation (Duval, Els, Goosen to name a few), Phil has really shown mettle staying near the top and always seeming to perform well in the majors.

Phil's won a bunch more than those guys (almost put together), so I don't knock him. He's no Tiger, but he's the clear #2 and has been for a looooong time.

Say what you will about Sergio, but I like the guy. He speaks his mind, doesn't pull puches, wears his emotions on his sleeve and pulls a ton of chicks. So he may rub people the wrong way at times, deal with it.

I'm not going to "deal with" spitting in the cup nor all the whining and moaning he does, nor his poor treatment of Padraig at the British Open. There's a difference between "speaking your mind" and being an arse.

Anyone else totally in lust for Samantha on Big Break Kanapalli?

Not here. Bit too thick for my taste, to be honest, and the 180 yards she gets with her driver doesn't impress me much.

Major props to DL 3 for gutting through the US Open qualifier. Congrats and good luck.

He's just staying in tune for the Champions Tour at this point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
No kidding. I've tried a few times to find their "What's in the Bag" stuff. Impossible.

Correction: they seem to have kind of fixed that part. For months though every link you'd follow to archived lists would fail.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Courtney Erdman is ****ing perfect.
Too bad she lost.
I like Kim, the fact that she actually hits the ball further than I hit my 9 iron is pretty cute.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Just some random thoughts....please add anything you would like.

Hmmm... I used to frequent that site a while back and had a hell of a time navigating around. I too couldn't get the "What's in the bag" thing to work for me, and that was one of the appeals of the site. I'd get the bag of one player and then lose the whole archive.

I think there's some truth here but when you have players "choke" the way Phil and Monty did it's easy to flock to those and forget Harrington and Furyk. Plus, Phil calling himself and idiot and Monty's, well, simple 'I can't believe it' looks made it pretty easy to focus on them. Those other guys may have choked a little but they did it a bit quieter

Haha... good point. When he won the Pods we went out to Edwin Watts and bought a putter, a PING Redwood I believe and they sort of ran with it after that. The broadcasters (I forget which network) talked about it all weekend and I saw an ad for it the very next week. But I agree with you.

Totally agree. He would be

the man if it weren't for Tiger. Not his fault he happens to play in the Tiger Woods era. Still, the guy has won 3 majors and has been the second best for a while (although Vijay was up there not too long ago). I actually appreciate him more now too... always sort of thought he was phony, etc but I like watching the guy play and then listening to what he has to say. It's pretty refreshing.

Can't agree here and for the same reasons iacas stated. I want to see how he acts the next time he loses a close one in a big event. If he acts respecful then I'll reconsider. If he whines, complains and blames everyone but himself then I won't, and won't be surprised either. So until then not a Serg fan.

Honestly haven't been paying attention. Naturally, though, after your post I had to google her. Didn't see the big deal... there were some others though

Forget the girls name but it started with a 'C'?

Yeah, agreed. It's nice to see him go out there and keep fighting. He was very appreciative of his Memorial invite as well (he didn't qualify) and I thought that was cool. I hope for one more decent run from him until the Champions Tour. He even said stuff recently about being excited to play on the Champions tour with buddies Mike Hulbert and Joey Sindelar so iacas could be right.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I havent had any problems with the "golf channel" i dont use it enough to notice any. Thats why we have the Sandtrap.

Far as im concerned US open is old news but I saw Phil and Monty choke.. not jim furyk.

Havent looked up Calc's putting stats. And he's not in contention enough to for me to notice his putting woes.

People dog Phil too much, he's too good to talk sh*t about.

Sergio rubs alot of people the wrong way for the exact reasons you listed, the spitting thing took him down a notch, i think all that fades when you watch him hit a 200 yard 9 iron though.

Samantha is one of the least atteactive on the show IMO. Tina Miller IS the hottest female golfer i've seen on that show so far, maybe period. (see my avy)

Good for him, i almost forgot the guy still played golf.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I'll throw some of my own random thoughts on golf out there...I like the post.

-The US Open at Torrey Pines should provide some phenomenal drama, I can't wait to see how things shake out.

-Tiger played 18 holes....in a cart, big freakin' deal. He had a surgery that NFL players regularly get back from in like a week with hardly as much hoop-la.

-It's amazing how such a minor change in the way you grip the club can make such an impact on your game.

-I would like to hear what Tim Finchem says behind closed doors about the players unenthusiastic appeal to the FedEx cup so far.

-You can bomb drives til the cows come home, but the real place you're going to save strokes is short game and putting, why don't more people get this through their thick skull?

-Jack Nicklaus had so much more fierce competition throughout his career than Tiger has, end of discussion. Look at the stats of the career majors of chief rivals...not even close.

-A guy could go broke trying to keep up with the latest and greatest equipment, finding something that works and leaving well enough alone for a while isn't a bad idea.

-There's not many better ways to spend Father's Day than an early morning Father/Son tournament with dad, then heading home for the rest of the afternoon with the US Open final round and supper on the grill with my own wife and kids. Father's Day has become quite a tradition around my place.

-Big Break Ka'anapali has some fly ladies, but that Lori chick really tips the scales back in the wrong direction doesn't she? Wow.

-I can't be sure if I'd like my wife to play golf or not. It would be cool, but it really could put a hitch in my enjoyment of the game. It's hard to say for sure.

-I'm running low on random thoughts, but I'll end with a note of how much I love summer...my goodness it beats the living hell out of winters in South Dakota, I really envy those living in warm climates. The trade off is probably worth it, purely from a golf standpoint....it's tough.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Jack Nicklaus had so much more fierce competition throughout his career than Tiger has, end of discussion. Look at the stats of the career majors of chief rivals...not even close.

Tiger's complete dominance makes the accomplishments of his rivals look a lot less appealing. It will always be impossible to compare Jack and Tiger because of the different eras they played in, but it's possible Arnie, Watson, and Player would only have a few majors apiece if they played alongside Tiger. The numbers of Jack's rivals look impressive, but they may not have gotten those numbers if Tiger was roaming the fairways back then.

It's definitely another side of the story to look at, but there is another topic for that here in the Tour Talk forum.

• Administrator
Jack Nicklaus had so much more fierce competition throughout his career than Tiger has, end of discussion. Look at the stats of the career majors of chief rivals...not even close.

http://thesandtrap.com/thrash_talk/t...eating_goes_on

Note: This thread is 5820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!