IGNORED

Ball for a beginner

Note: This thread is 5810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You would want to use a ball that you can compress and that was low spinning. I would recommend the Precept Laddie Extreme and the Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft. Both fit the bill and are relatively cheap. You can get each for about $10, a dozen.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

The two recommended above are perfect starts and let me add another. TopFlite D2 Feel.

Driver: Hi-Bore XL 8.5* X-Stiff

3 Wood: ORLIMAR VT830 15* Stiff

Irons: RPM Undercut OS 4-GW Sand Wedge: CG 10 54*Lob Wedge: 588 60*Putter: White Steel 2-Ball CS Ball: NXTBag: IDEA Stand Bag

top flite d2 soft is a great ball i feel its the best ball for the money

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

The Top-Flite D2's are definitely worth it, they feel pretty good and are cheap. My favorite are the HX Tours and 56's (I used to get them in X-Outs for like 18-22$ a dozen and they played absolutely fine). I'd stay with something cheap, either the Top-Flites, or if you can find X-Outs and don't mind a perfectly fine ball with a few X's on it, to check those out as well.

"What is best about a great victory is that it rids the victor of the fear of defeat. 'Why not also lose for once?' he says to himself; 'now I am rich enough for
that'" -Nietzsche

In My Stand Bag:
R7 Draw 9.0 Deg Stiff Flex Driver AMF Progression 3 Wood SUMO2 3/20 Deg Hybrid & CPR 4/24 Deg...

Can't say enough about the Maxfli Black Max golf ball.

I bought them from lostgolfballs on ebay, but recently, their price for them rose from $17, to $44.

http://cgi.ebay.com/48-Maxfli-Revolu...742.m153.l1262

Those are the Maxfli Revolution Solid, which I also like. Great price on them too, try them out.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

FlopShot is right...I picked up TWO DOZEN for 20 BUCKS at Dicks Sporting Goods and they are really good for the price.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I use Pinnacle gold, been using them since i started golf basically, never complained with them not to mention the great prices you can get for them on ebay

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Agreed, Pinnacle Gold (cheap and a quality ball), great choice for a beginner. As you get better you can trade up through the Acushnet family!
In My Bag:

Driver: R7 425 TP 9.5
3 Wood: V-Steel
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16 degreeIrons: 735CMWedges: Vokey 56 and 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34"Ball: PRO V1X

Just don't go to the water-ball bin! It's worth the extra couple bucks to get new balls. Those water-balls aren't going to be consistent!

Don't buy into the "I'm not good enough for it to matter" attitude. It's really difficult to know what to work on if you have to worry about the quality of the ball.

BTW, I agree with the TopFlights... the Maxfli Fires are cheap almost everywhere too.

FlopShot is right...I picked up TWO DOZEN for 20 BUCKS at Dicks Sporting Goods and they are really good for the price.

Golf Galaxy sells em here in Houston for 2 dozen for 15 bucks.

Nice balls!

Deflord
Driver:  Tour Burner 10.5

3 Wood - Still Hunting

Hybrid:  Hybrid Mid 3

Irons:  MP-57 3-PW

Wedges:  T-10 SW

Putter - Still Hunting (Looking for a Rife)

Ball - Still Hunting on my preference

Titleist X-Outs are $10/dz

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Maxfli noodles are very good balls, still use them myself sometimes. Nike distance balls are also good, very durable too.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Titleist X-Outs are $10/dz

Yup......unreal deal on super balls.

Cherrish the NXT tour balls you find.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I buy Tour iX's and Pro V1x's for less than a dollar per ball. eBay. I've played dozens of balls, and the balls never really make that much of a difference on your carry distance, but bounce and spin can have big differences. If you want a lot of roll, there are a ton of options with some hard balls out there, and any of them will probably do. If you're looking for a softer ball, you're going to have to try them out for yourself, imo, because you're just not going to get the same results from all of them.

Driver: Big Ben C-S3
3w: Tight Lies
Irons: T-Zoid True
Wedges: Vokey 56* and 60* spin-milled
Putter: unknown 3-ballBall: HX-Tour/Tour ix

Note: This thread is 5810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!