IGNORED

Here we go again.

ezmoney5150
Note: This thread is 5811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I personally think that every event should be commentated by Jim Nantz. To me he is the classiest commentator of all. He is still accurate but, not as brutal as Johnny Miller.

Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5
Irons: 3-PW Callaway X-20 Tour
Hybrid: Nike CPR 18.0
Wedge: Titleist 56.12 Vokey Oil Can Wedge
Putter: White Hot #5

I personally think that every event should be commentated by Jim Nantz. To me he is the classiest commentator of all. He is still accurate but, not as brutal as Johnny Miller.

Yeah...I agree.

Have any of you seen the YouTube video of Chris Berman cussing out someone off camera? What an ass.

Yeah, I have. The guy is a joke.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I think they are showing live video coverage on espn.com. not positive though.

Thanks. They're showing the Woods/Mickelson/Scott group only

Whatever, I'll take it!

Yeah, but he doesn't work for every network. That's kind of silly. IMO he's over-rated these days anyways. I actually don't think Johnny Miller is bad... sure he's a bit arrogant and dry but he really does know his stuff.

Have any of you seen the YouTube video of Chris Berman cussing out someone off camera? What an ass.

Haven't seen it but I'm not surprised. Back in the day, much like everyone else, I liked him quite a bit when he did SportsCenter. He really is a horrible announcer. I'm not even sure he knows anything about sports.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

ha yeah he is a total douche.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

ok what is this stupid thing? what does this have to do with golf? tiger wins 7-4 over phil in some stupid crap wtf?

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

ESPN needs to stick to SportsCenter and never do golf again. They suck at televising it and Chris Berman sucks at commentating it.

Leave it to the real golf people at NBC.

I will say the quality of the picture looks a little better on my TV on ESPN than NBC but that's a moot point.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

NBC HD LOOKS FANTASTIC.

Everytime I hear Chris Berman talking about golf I think of his HORRIBLE round at Pebble . . . you could see his plumber crack THROUGH his golf shirt. NOW THAT'S AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

holy crap Tiger has made so many clutch par save putts today.

holy crap Tiger has made so many clutch par save putts today.

He really has. That's the one thing he can work on with a bum knee.

Nice little comeback from Phil.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Tiger has had some awesome par saves today. That's what is keeping him in it. I think you're going to see a different Tiger tomorrow after he gets the first round under his belt.

NBC still doesn't look as clear on my TV as ESPN does, maybe just my TV though? I'll still take golf on NBC anyday over ESPN. I have HD as well.

- Joel

Tiger has had some awesome par saves today. That's what is keeping him in it. I think you're going to see a different Tiger tomorrow after he gets the first round under his belt.

When I switched from ESPN (not HD) to NBC HD today, the difference was big. The picture was much sharper and you see much more gleam of the grass. You can see the skin melanoma on the older guys. . .

THAT WINCE AFTER THE DRIVE ON 18 WAS not BECAUSE OF THE DRIVE. He is hurtin!

• Administrator
I believe the reason why the coverage was so spotty was some sort of agreement with the USGA and just which networks get to carry how many hours of coverage. By putting all the extra stuff in there ESPN could claim that they really weren't showing the tourny live - just highlights live - until their regularly alotted broadcast time.

There's the winner. Right on. It's called "U.S. Open Extra" for a reason. It's "extra."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When I switched from ESPN (not HD) to NBC HD today, the difference was big... You can see the skin melanoma on the older guys. . .

Yeah, I wouldn't trade my HDTV for anything, but it does have its downsides

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

When I switched from ESPN (not HD) to NBC HD today, the difference was big. The picture was much sharper and you see much more gleam of the grass. You can see the skin melanoma on the older guys. . .

My ESPN and NBC are both in HD. I'm watching on ESPN right now and it's still clearer than NBC on my TV.

I agree Tiger is hurting but I still think he will do better today and be in contention on Sunday.

- Joel

You're forgetting that you were watching the "US Open Extra"...it's not supposed to show full footage.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Note: This thread is 5811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!