IGNORED

how long does it take u to play 18

txsouthpaw
Note: This thread is 4039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How long does it take you to play 18 holes

• under 3 hours
    • 3 hours
    • 3.5 hours
    • 4 hours
    • 4.5 hours
    • longer then 4.5 hours

I like to take in the whole atmosphere, not just play golf and go home. I know I play slow so if I get a guy behind me, I'll gladly let him play through.

4 - 4 1/4 hrs. for me.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Damn,i would have walked off.6 hours the longest for me and the marshall told us to start hitting down on the players.

if i wasn't playing at some of the most prestigious country clubs in the area..I would've...but I wasn't about to give up free golf with pristine conditions....at a place that ppl see on tv and are like damn..i wanna play there. But you'd figure they'd at least let us play ahead of them since the husband/wife combo never played in their lives and decided, hey, let's join this country club and learn how to play on a saturday morning. WHAT? A SATURDAY MORNING.

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Saturday morning foursome with two 30+ handicappers and someone who thinks they par each hole - 3:30-3:45.

Weekday afternoon skipping work with no one behind us - 4:00-4:15 (no matter if there are 2-4 of us playing)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right at 4 hours, would be 3 1/2 but it seems at least once a round someone wants to play "rules guru" and argue about a shot. It makes it kinda interesting. We usually take bets on who it will be and on what hole.

... i can't give an estimate cause it varies on how busy the course is...
oh how i hate it when i get stuck behind the +30 handicapper... always messes with my tempo...

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

On public courses in the NYC vicinity, I get about 4 1/2 to a round, walking.

In puerto Rico in May I played my second 18 in a day in 2:15 on a wide open course. Played well too, for me!

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

From golfonline.com

It wasn't as fast, but this guy is a local pro who is pretty impressive:

“The most amazing round of golf I’ve ever seen,” commented TJ Lambert, director of programming for ESPN Radio, after watching (Christopher) Smith fire a one-over par 73 in 42 ½ minutes in 2001 during the Fred Meyer Challenge at The Reserve Golf and Vineyards, in Aloha, OR (the course measured nearly 7,200 yards and is now home to The Tradition, a Champions Tour event). For the record, it usually takes me 7 1/2 days to play 18 holes (I almost always play nine at a time.)

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

• Walking on my own = 2.5 hours
  • Walking with a mate of similar ability = 3 hours
  • In a cart on my own = less than 2 hours
  • In a cart with a mate of similar ability = 2.5 hours
This obviously depends on the course, but the above is pretty accurate. I often duck out on my own or with a mate and we usually have to be home, cleaned up with everything packed away before spouses etc get back from work or shopping so we don't get caught. We have learned to be pretty good at judging how long it'll take us!

3.5 hours is average but i have managed a 3hrs 25 mins 4-ball - and that was with about 20 mins wasted looking for misplaced balls!

(That's walking, with a pull-trolley, BTW)

I'm not voting in the poll because this is such a subjective situation. First it depends hugely on how many golfers you are playing with and how you are mounted. Like Eric, by myself in a cart and alone on the course (an extremely unlikely scenario) I can easily finish in under 2.5 hours. If I'm walking that same 18 it's going to be at least 3 hours because I don't try to jog around the course. With foursome and walking, it's typically going to be around 4 hours... maybe a bit more. Foursome riding with nobody holding us up.... 3.5.

I've played in a fivesome riding in under 4 hours, and that was waiting on every shot (for a threesome in front of us ) for the last 4 holes. We still finished in 3:55 that day, and we had several money games going too. There is no excuse for a foursome to play any slower than 4:15.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4.5 - 5 hours is about average for me on the weekend

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I'm not voting in the poll because this is such a subjective situation. First it depends hugely on how many golfers you are playing with and how you are mounted. Like Eric, by myself in a cart and alone on the course (an extremely unlikely scenario) I can easily finish in under 2.5 hours. If I'm walking that same 18 it's going to be at least 3 hours because I don't try to jog around the course. With foursome and walking, it's typically going to be around 4 hours... maybe a bit more. Foursome riding with nobody holding us up.... 3.5.

I have to agree with fourputt, It depends who I'm playing with and waiting on. I did vote for how long it would take me by myself and not waiting on any one....2 hours

Last weekend I played in a foursome and one guy had just started playing Golf. I actually felt bad for him since he was noticeably nervous playing with my buddy and I. Even with him in the mix, we finished just under 4 hours. It could have been faster if I would have taught him to play ready Golf on the front nine and not the back nine.

It took me 4 1/2 hours yesterday, walking, in a foursome. It actually got boring after a while.

I prefer to play in about 4 hours. I think that's a good pace. Anything above that I find too slow.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I usually play in a foursome, if no one is in front it will take us around 4 hours, but we usually play weekends and on courses that are normally crowded so average is about 5 hours on those days.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I have similar time frames to many other people here. If im alone with nobody holding me up, I can walk 18 in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. In a foursome it seems likes it goes about 4 hours most of the time.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

When I was in college at Pittsburgh I would play during the day and bust out a round in 3.5 hours. I moved to NYC last summer and I have to say this is the worst city for golf. Unless you are playing during the weekday, you can't get a round in under 6 hours at any of the City Courses.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 4039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!