IGNORED

Nike one platinum vs black

Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He was very honest the whole day. Like he said "he wasnt using them in the past". Now he is. You supplying his balls each tourny or do you have more info than the words from your mouth alone.

I've played the last 4 generations of the One platinum and last years Blacks. Absolutely love the feel of the platinum around the green; the black is much "clickier". I play the platinum almost exclusively for that reason.

For the long game, I've tried all the upper level balls (ProV1, B330, HX, TP, One) and found them comparable in distance and control. None of them will negate my bad swings, and respond well to my good ones. It's hard for me to believe that anyone is good enough to say that they put 2 EXACT swings on 2 different balls and one took off while the other "went nowhere". Thats just junk science.

• Administrator
The ball is stamped with a Nike logo, but the ball itself is not developed by Nike.

That doesn't make it "not a Nike" ball. He plays a Nike ball. Rock Ishii is a Nike employee, and Nike simply pays Bridgestone to manufacture the balls. The R&D; is theirs, the design is theirs, and the ball is as "Nike" as it gets. They subcontract out the manufacturing - no big deal.

When we went to go see Tiger in Orlando at his Nike day event, he was very honest about the Nike balls. He said that he DOES INDEED PLAY THE 08 NIKE BLACK!

I believe Tiger plays the Platinum, not the Black. The Black is favored by guys like Stewart Cink.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That doesn't make it "not a Nike" ball. He plays a Nike ball. Rock Ishii is a Nike employee, and Nike simply pays Bridgestone to manufacture the balls. The R&D; is theirs, the design is theirs, and the ball is as "Nike" as it gets. They subcontract out the manufacturing - no big deal.

Agreed here. Just because they are manufactured at the Bridgestone plant does not make them a Bridgestone ball and/or design.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

When we went to go see Tiger in Orlando at his Nike day event, he was very honest about the Nike balls. He said that he DOES INDEED PLAY THE 08 NIKE BLACK! Your info might be a little old. He said the 08 ball is the best he has ever used. He went on to say that previous years balls were not quite soft enough for him.

He plays the 08 Nike Platinum.

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2008...in-tigers.html
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

a bunch of my friends that play prov's have tried this year's black and platinums when they've lost a ball and I've thrown them 1 of mine..and they've all loved the feel of the 08 balls. they really are an incredible ball that you can find for a steal online sometimes for $30 - 34
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I will try and find out more about what ball he uses, just to get a definitive answer, at the moment I am just going on hear say (The same as you guys, before you use that to discredit what I'm saying)

I will get back to you, hopefully with a more complete answer.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

• Administrator
I will try and find out more about what ball he uses, just to get a definitive answer, at the moment I am just going on hear say (The same as you guys, before you use that to discredit what I'm saying)

What I've said is not hearsay, and unless you're going to talk to Tiger or Rock Ishii, your answer won't be "more complete" than mine. Sorry. The facts in this are very simple, and you're wrong about Tiger playing a Bridgestone ball.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe I'm just dumb, but what company would make a ball so that another company can stamp their logo on it, and call it theirs?
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Maybe I'm just dumb, but what company would make a ball so that another company can stamp their logo on it, and call it theirs?

Take a look at electronic equipment, tires, appliances, even automobiles, and the list goes on. Many 'munufacturers' have their product manufactured by someone else, in whole or part. Nothing really new about that.

Regards,
Spyder

In the 07' R7 stand bag R7 425 9.5* Proforce 65 V2 (s) R7 Ti 3 wood ReAx (s) R7 draw rescue 19* ReAx (s) R7 TP irons 4-pw DG-S300 TP black RAC wedges: 52/8, 56/12, 60/6 F2 Hamilton HM4 or Scotty Cameron Red X2 cs Nike One platinum GolfLogix GPS8

Been done forever in the brewing industry as well. Larger breweries rent out their over capacity to other places. Thus you end up with Sam Adams not being made in Boston at all but Philly (IIRC - either there or Detroit in actuallity in the beginning)

At one time almost every cast Ti golf club head was made by Ruger firearms at their Pine Tree Casting facility. Ruger having advanced casting technology to an amazing degree. It may still be that way. Would you say all those heads are really Ruger golf clubs? Nope - they have the tech and simply build what the customer specs. Business pure and simple. The marketing guys have emotion tied into it but the accountants tell the CEO - if we make 2 million balls for company X we stand to gain 4 million in revenue (to pull numbers out of my arse) and who wouldn't go for that?

Andrew

Almost every industry this is done millions of times daily.

What I've said is not hearsay, and unless you're going to talk to Tiger or Rock Ishii, your answer won't be "more complete" than mine. Sorry. The facts in this are very simple, and you're wrong about Tiger playing a Bridgestone ball.

Sorry but even if you talk to Tiger or Rock Ishii your answer is not necessarily going to be the correct one, I doubt many people know what equipment Tiger does play, and even less people would tell you if they knew.

On the same note your fact is hearsay, if Tiger is sponsored by Nike he is not going to tell us he is playing a different ball, If I am wrong what evidence have you got to back yourself up, have you personally got one of Tigers balls and dissected it and compared it too others? You are going on you have been told, I am doing the same, it is not right for you to try to belittle my answer. However it is clear people are not up for discussion and are pretty set in their ways, this is all I will say on this matter

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I've heard if you just want to kill the ball, Black. But if you want performance an workability with great distance, Platinum. But I haven't used them.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

just like:
Mercedes uses the chassis of the Chrysler 300, slaps on everything else...and then calls it the E series.
but product building is always outsourced. it's just cheaper that way. think about it like
bridgestone has the means to produce the nike balls cheaper and more efficient than nike would...so it's in nike's best interests to let them do it and they're on a contract to fill a quota.

even coke companies in competition with each other utilize the same manufacturing/bottling plants.

outsourcing has been around for centuries!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!