IGNORED

Will Rocco outduel Tiger Tomorrow?

DavidFehertysBike
Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Rocco or Tiger?

• Rocco
    • Tiger

• Administrator
Is that why he has to regroup every time he hears a small roar from a crowd on the previous hole? His mental toughness is overrated

No, that's an example of being mentally tough. Knowing to back off if your mind is not 100% into it is very difficult.

How many shots have you ever hit when you weren't giving the shot 100% of your attention? Tiger's not only smart enough to recognize he's not thinking about the shot 100% before he hits it, but to correct the situation.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't see Tiger flopping this one.

Knee or no knee.....he can cut his way around the course and devastate with his short game.

I really like Rocco and have a lot of respect for him and admire his character and the way he conducts himself out there, however, I just don't think he can pull this one off.

He certainly had a proud moment last night, though. I told my wife that he should have fired up a nice cigar and enjoyed standing around the 18th and watching the drama unfold. He's so right in that he made Tiger do something. He can be very proud of that.

I'd love to see Rocco continue on with his great trend and win an event or two this year. I think he'd be a righteous champion of any tourney and one the event would be proud of.

All the media hype and spin surrounding Tiger can be overbearing at times...after all there is a whole field out there to cover....and I'd like to see their developments on course........however.....he truly is the catalyst of most tourneys....the benchmark......the man to beat so he is deserving of much of the attention.

One final word about yesterday........I'll bet Westwood will never......ever.....ever.....leave a "must make" putt short again!!!!!!!

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• Administrator
One final word about yesterday........I'll bet Westwood will never......ever.....ever.....leave a "must make" putt short again!!!!!!!

He didn't leave it short. It got there, but barely. And that's the thing: as it slows down on greens like that, it's more likely to take an even funnier line. Tiger's putt had speed to try to hold the line.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger just cannot make those putts forever.....it's gonna catch up with him....also, he always starts terribly, as opposed to Rocco, who usually pars one and sticks it close on two. It will get in Tiger's head to be down by 2 early.

Make what putts forever? I'm not sure how much of the round you watched but that's the only putt Tiger made all round. I think Tiger had an off day which won't happen again.
He didn't leave it short. It got there, but barely. And that's the thing: as it slows down on greens like that, it's more likely to take an even funnier line. Tiger's putt had speed to try to hold the line.

My opinion is that he left it short, along with everyone I was watching with.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I'm really proud of Lee Westwoods performance on Sunday in particular. To go head to head with Tiger and not wilt like so many other players have done is commendable. I know he didnt make the play off but it will definitely stand him in good stead for the rest of his career.

With all due respect to Rocco, I believe the play off will be a one sided affair wih Tiger coming out on top. I will be shocked if Rocco prevails but good luck to him anyway.

• Administrator
My opinion is that he left it short, along with everyone I was watching with.

Good thing it's not a matter of opinion.

It reached the hole, even went a little past it. With that speed, though, he didn't play enough break. With more speed his line might have worked. Anyway, it's off topic for this thread.

I had to vote Tiger because I sometimes bet on this type of nonsense.

I would set the odds at 3-1.
Rocco drives it better for an Open and apparently his back is fine right now.
Tiger is due for one of those drives (that look like half of mine) to cost him.
It won't be a blowout.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• Administrator
Tiger is due for one of those drives (that look like half of mine) to cost him.

He's due? He's made four double bogeys. I don't think he's "due" so much as "it's already caught up to him several times, and will likely continue."

Andy North made a great point this morning on the radio. He said that the best opportunity Rocco can give himself is to get off to the good start he's been having. (It's something like -5 for the first four holes and hope that Tiger keeps getting off to a rocky start. I believe he stated that Tiger is +4 through the first four holes.) He continued to say that if Rocco is -2 through five it puts him in a great position to win the tournament.

Should be a lot of fun and regardless who wins, it's been a great tournament. I mean, who would have thought Tiger would have been in a playoff with Rocco Mediate after Saturday? Probably no one.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

How about on Saturday when Rocco was coming up 18 asking if he had to make this putt to play with Tiger (Sunday)....or something along those lines. Looks like it's going to happen....

Should be a fun match to watch.... I voted Tiger. Going one on one with Rocco (rather than fending off 78 other players) should allow his shot selection to be more conservative. Might be able to play that cut a little more often.

I think Tiger will take it with a 72 or 73. I dont think Rocco will shoot below 75 today. Just a feeling.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Anyone remember Trevino-Nicklaus . . . how Lee got into Jacks head by chatting and joking. You have a similar situation here. Rocco may just take Tiger down.

Rocco Mediate and Lee Trevino are two completely different people.

Trevino was great.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

they don't play tomorrow, they are playing right now

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Tiger will win..hands down.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

So much for my 5 stroke victory.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!