IGNORED

Tiger's Knee Injury

iacas
Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So this thread asks three questions:

1. Who knows 2. For every Major 3. Secret might come out after retiring on #19, might be playing possum to gain a little edge on tougher fields?

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

1. I think his meniscus was torn. I have torn mine (as well as my acl) in my left knee and it does cause a lot of pain when swinging a golf club. I know that for a torn meniscus doctors can tell you to expect to be out of physical activity for 3 to 6 monthes or even longer (everybody heals differently. I know after my acl/ meniscus surgery i was playing golf within 3 monthes, but again mine was more serious and I got really lucky and healed really fast compared to other people
2. Its hard to say, but I would guess he wont play again until the open championship.
3. Tiger dosent like to show weakness. Its a characteristic common to men, no matter how silly it seems sometimes.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Here's more on what could be wrong with his knee, what operation was performed, why it didn't heal as well and the impact thereof:

http://nextbigfuture.com/2008/06/if-...e-tear-in.html

“Just so we’re clear, I have not seen Tiger’s operative reports, and I am not saying he’s done,” said Dr. Howard Luks, an orthopedic surgeon in Westchester, N.Y. who specializes in athletes. “But one has to imagine, with the amount of discomfort he’s experiencing this long after the surgery, that there are some degenerative symptoms or arthritic symptoms, or something that doesn’t respond well to pivoting, turning, and twisting."
Woods is having problems, which suggests the more serious and more difficult to treat hyaline cartilage problem, according to Luks.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1) Who knows what is wrong. But I wouldn't be surprised if the media was making more of it than it is.

2) I think he'll be back for the British, no sooner.

3) I don't think he owes us jack. If he wants to be mum about certain details than I think there is probably a good reason, and he is entitled to do that.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Interesting article with some quotes from Goosen suggesting Tiger was faking it...

Article

I don't buy the comments from Retief that Tiger only winced and grimmaced on bad shots and seemed fine on good shots. I recall seeing Tiger wince in pain on at least a few tee shots that found the middle of the fairway.
In My Bag ( Superlight 3.5):

Driver: 9.5* Burner SuperFast, Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 Stiff
Fairway Woods: Steelhead III, Uniflex Steel (3w, 5w)
Hybrids: Big Bertha Heavenwood 4H, Uniflex SteelIrons: Victory Red Full Cavity, Stiff (5-AW)Wedges: WALTER HAGEN,...

I don't buy the comments from Retief that Tiger only winced and grimmaced on bad shots and seemed fine on good shots. I recall seeing Tiger wince in pain on at least a few tee shots that found the middle of the fairway.

How many times did we hear the announcers say things like "You can't judge the golf shot based on Tiger's face, that's the knee pain" I remember him wincing on numerous good shots.

Andrew

• Administrator
This thread's closed now. Go here for further information.

http://www.golfchannel.com/core.aspx...1&select;=26291
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...872#post156872

P.S. There you have it. Tiger Woods finally did share the information and put an end to the speculation. Good - and he did so fairly quickly. Playing 91 holes with a stress fracture is a big freakin' deal .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!