IGNORED

How much golf is too much golf?

Garthmo
Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What do you thik is a good amount of golf to play each week? along with hitting the range and chipping putting greens.
Do you think it is possible to play and practice too much, and if yes how much is too much?

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

Last month I think I played for 25 consecutive days, and after I finally burned myself out, I realized it went something like this:

First 5 days: Average
Next 5 days: Slightly above average
Next 3 days: Well above average
Next 4 days: Average
Next 6 days: Below average
Next 2 days: God awful

A lot of this was for school, so I really didn't have a choice.

Looking back, I think it would've behooved me to use my free time for short game practice instead of wearing myself out.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

I think it's good to rest at least once every two weeks. I had a period last year where I practiced every day for a long while without resting and I couldn't even swing my club after a while.
In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

What do you thik is a good amount of golf to play each week? along with hitting the range and chipping putting greens.

No such thing.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

when it appears you love golf more than your wife, its ok to love golf more than your wife but if your wife is actually thinking you love golf more than her, then you've been playing too much golf

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Tiger only quit after a broken leg.

ben didn't

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

At the moment, I can't go more than four consecutive days playing, but that's mostly due to that on the 5th day, I have problems. I'd like to find a way to improve this, and I do work on cardio as part of my workout, and that may well be it.

So, too much golf is when your game deteriorates from exhaustion.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played 7 times last week. Including range sessions and putting/chipping practice. That's just all I do in the summer. There isn't much else to do. So I just go to the course I'm a member at and play 27 holes each day and then chip/putt for an hour...then somedays I'll only play 18 holes and go the range.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I played 7 times last week. Including range sessions and putting/chipping practice. That's just all I do in the summer. There isn't much else to do. So I just go to the course I'm a member at and play 27 holes each day and then chip/putt for an hour...then somedays I'll only play 18 holes and go the range.

I wish I could afford that. My membership options SUCK.

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Too much golf??? Theres no such thing. All jokes aside though, as long as playing golf doesnt take away from work, your personal relationships and paying your bills every month; I dont think there is such a thing as too much.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If it becomes work or you aren't enjoying the rounds than it's too much. If you are exceeding your disposable income or being remiss with family responsibilities than it's too much. It's something that is different for each golfer though.

No such thing.

Agreed, no such thing. The more I play, the more I improve.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

No such thing as too much golf. Unless your body or your other committments begin to suffer. The way I see it, its better than too much partying, too much drinking, too much etc. Golf is a good thing, since it keeps me away from other less savory activities. I love the exercise and mental challenge.

Big Cart Bag:

R7 Quad 11.5*
200Steel 5wood 15*
Baffler Hybrid 18* R7 Draw Irons 3-AW Tour Action 56* / 60* Dual Force 990 Pro V1/x

You can't play enough. You could plop me on a range at 6:00 AM Monday and pick me up Sunday at midnight and I'd be stoked the whole time.

Plus the more I play the more consistent I am. Realistically, 5 rounds a week would be ideal.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

I usually step back when one of two things happen:

1. My left wrist hurts so bad that it is painful to drink a beer.

2. Household projects become more appealing than heading out to practice or play.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

for every hour at the range, 2 hours is due at the short game facility (putting included)

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!