IGNORED

Nobody should care that Tiger is hurt

JYB
Note: This thread is 5794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE :

If all you want to do is watch golf because of Tiger Woods than you obviously don't like golf and you actually like celebrity bull that this country craps down everyones' throats.

get a grip. Watch golf. Go see golf. Tiger isn't the game, he's part of it. Life moves on.

I don't think that the argument is that Tiger IS golf, but rather he makes it exciting with his constant strokes of brilliance. He's amazing to watch, and arguably the best player ever. I think that warrants people caring that he is out.

• Administrator
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE :

You can be a golf fan (i.e. "like golf") and not watch any golf on TV. Some might "like golf" and only want to occasionally watch when they have a chance of seeing something great. Tiger delivers the latter quite frequently.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I still watch golf if Tiger isn't in it. There is nothing wrong with the people that watch it for Tiger only though. It's just like basketball and Michael Jordan, or the Mark McGwire/Sammy Sosa home run race, or Barry Sanders running the ball. All these players attracted non fans and made them watch, just as Tiger is doing. The only difference seems to be that Tiger is doing it in a much greater capacity.

Either way, you can't blame anyone for wanting to see greatness.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

You can be a golf fan (i.e. "like golf") and not watch any golf on TV. Some might "like golf" and only want to occasionally watch when they have a chance of seeing something great. Tiger delivers the latter quite frequently.

Somewhat the same point, you just beat me too it :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

He's what MJ was to basketball. Definetly sort of boring if he's not in the field.

Only tournament that can overide the TW factor is the Ryder Cup. Ryder Cup definetly stands by itself with no help, although TW ups it a notch, not this year of course.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

True golf fans will still watch, but I think what Tiger brings in are the non golf fans because the things that he does are just so amazing.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I agree with the OP to an extent. I'm tired of hearing about the ACL. He played in 8 tournaments with it. The stress fractures? So what. He's not the only athlete to do so. Matter of fact, the other one's I know who played with stress fractures were football and basketball players. Look at Donovan McNabb: throws four touchdown passes while playing with a broken leg.

That said, I will miss his creativity and insane ability to make shots from some crazy lies. I will definitely miss watching him putt. Frankly, I'll miss that, the most.

I definitely won't miss the Tiger worshipping. Could use a major break from that.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Who are you to judge if I am a golf fan or not? I have been playing since I was 11 and only took a break during college. I am 25 and pretty much grew up watching Tiger play and watching him transform the sport. I ONLY, I repeat ONLY watch golf when Tiger is playing. I only attend tournaments that I can drive to if Tiger is playing. I have attended the 2006 & 2007 PGA Championship. Will I go this year? No. Tiger is like my "home team". The sport is boring when he is not playing. Look at the last few tournaments he has played. Bay Hill and the US Open. Both extremely nail biting events.

I was rooting for Rocco at the US Open. I dont need Tiger to win every event for me to enjoy it. If someone beats Tiger it means they are the true champion for the tournament. Hats off to whoever it is. The upcoming two majors mean nothing to me. Im sorry but if the No. 1 world ranked golfer is not there, the person that won did not play the best player, so they will always be viewed as events "the No. 1 player did not play in." I guess I should respect TV golf for the game and not an individual but we are talking about an entertainment event. Guess what I will be doing the afternoon of July 20th and August 10th instead of watching Tiger compete??? I will be on some course playing , not watching, the sport I have a passion for.
True golf fans will still watch

I am a true golf fan and I wont be watching. Again, I will be playing.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

No one was indifferent when Jordan retired the first time. You were laughed at it you told people who missed him that they shouldn't care if they're a real basketball fan. You know why you were laughed at?

Because if you couldn't appreciate the greatness of Jordan, in a game you loved, you were the fraud.

If you don't miss Tiger's mastery you aren't much of a fan at all.

If you don't miss the hoopla that comes with, I hear you.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Note: This thread is 5794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!