IGNORED

Best Round Ever!

cvlngineer
Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played my home course today with my new irons and for the first time ever, I made the turn at even par. I ended the round at 2 over for a 72. It all came down to #18. I needed to eagle it to shoot even. It is a par 5, and after my drive I was 180 out. So I proceeded to chunk my 5 iron to around 50 yds out. I carried my chip shot too far, and two putted for a par.

I was sooo close!

Tour Burner TP
r7 Fairway Woods
r7 TP Irons/RAC TP Wedges
White Hot XG Sabertooth Putter

congrats. surprising that you did it with new irons. usually takes me 8-10 rounds to get the distances on new irons dialed in.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

Nice job, that is really impressive. The thought of shooting low didn't bug you on the last few holes I see.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Good stuff dude,It feels good to play well,i had a similiar predicament a month ago,same thing last hole was a par 5 and i needed a birdie to shoot i under par,got on in two and proceeded to 3 putt for par.Never shot under par before on a full 18.Those eagles are hard to get,how do you like those tp irons,i am thinking very strong of getting them.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Thanks! I was pretty stoked!

Good stuff dude,It feels good to play well,i had a similiar predicament a month ago,same thing last hole was a par 5 and i needed a birdie to shoot i under par,got on in two and proceeded to 3 putt for par.Never shot under par before on a full 18.Those eagles are hard to get,how do you like those tp irons,i am thinking very strong of getting them.

The TPs hit pretty well. They are about a club longer than my old set, so I just swung easy to keep them the same as what I was used to. I did have to see what they would do on one occasion though. I hit my normal tee shot with my driver, then I had some time until the group in front of me cleared the green, so I hit my 3 iron. It went 237 yards (I measured with my golf gps) and I could not believe it. My driver only went 30 yds further, kinda sad, lol.

Nice job, that is really impressive. The thought of shooting low didn't bug you on the last few holes I see.

Thanks. No, it didn't bother me too much. I was trying to get two birdies, but I could not get my approach shots close enough.

congrats. surprising that you did it with new irons. usually takes me 8-10 rounds to get the distances on new irons dialed in.

It usually takes me awhile to get used to new irons too, but these don't feel a whole lot different than my old set. There is just less offset, so I don't have to worry so much about hitting SEVERE draws.

Tour Burner TP
r7 Fairway Woods

237,damn dude good hit,thats probably why you played so well,swinging easier.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Right on man, well played!

Sometimes this stuff comes in waves; I hope it does for you!
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

237,damn dude good hit,thats probably why you played so well,swinging easier.

It very well could be! LOL, I didn't swing easy on that 3 iron. I didn't have anything but a ball to lose, so I went after it pretty hard.

Right on man, well played!

Thanks, I hope so too! I have been hovering between 78-83 for awhile now, but I have never gone that low. If I hadn't shanked a couple of wedge shots, I may have finished even. I had two penalty strokes, one on 10 and one on 11, that resulted in bogey, double-bogey.

Tour Burner TP
r7 Fairway Woods

That impressive to me considering you are a double digit handicapper like myself. I have only broken 70 a handful of times, and only at one particular easy course. Great round!
TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

I shot 3 under last year with a tap in birdie on the 18th hole. My friend said to me on my approach shot to 18th to shoot for the birdie because how many chances will you have to shoot 3 under. This was the difference because mine mine set was to play for par and be happy with my 2 under. I was fortunate enought to play an approach shot that landed inches from the hole for a tap in birdie.

I will disclose the next day I was ready to join the PGA tour but shot 90 on the same course to bring me back to reality.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I shot 3 under last year with a tap in birdie on the 18th hole. My friend said to me on my approach shot to 18th to shoot for the birdie because how many chances will you have to shoot 3 under. This was the difference because mine mine set was to play for par and be happy with my 2 under. I was fortunate enought to play an approach shot that landed inches from the hole for a tap in birdie.

LOL Im like that all the time, ill play an awesome round and shoot like 73 -74 and then ill go out the next day and shoot mid 80's. It's seriously gay. I think i get over confident

Whats in my bag:

Burner HT 13* Reax Regular Shaft
R7 19* Reax Regular Shaft
AP1's 4-PW Project X 5.5 Shafts Vokey Spin Milled 60.08 56.10 Rossa Siena 4 Pro V1"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s**t"

What PGA players dont have bad rounds? Practice Practice Practice and chase the dream!!!

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!