Sign in to follow this  
iacas

"How I Play Golf" by Tiger Woods

Note: This thread is 2241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

34 posts / 29719 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I have the book, I use it primarily for reference now after reading it years ago. I think it would be nice to see him publish an updated book, "How I play golf, now ."

I really like the section on the mental aspect, and I could do well be reading his putting routine and suggestions. It's a bit outdated, but still pretty good.

Good book. I have read it twice.

I agree that the mental section is very well written and I liked the Forward written by his father, Earl.

A new book would be nice but I think the only thing that has changed in Tigers game is the swing, but his old swing obviously was better than anyones on this forum so it wouldn't be a bad swing to copy

Amazing book for the price, it started the year off for me and gave some great tips, its not really all about swing mechanics, It involves mental, and how to play different types of shots, and how to play it safe.

I find this book to be a decent but not great book. As said above, it does a great job with keeping your mental game sharp. I think it is hard for a book to teach you swing mechanics, that is more of a face to face learning experience rather than a printed paper lesson.

I got a lot out of his comments on putting. I should read up on it again, 30 putts/round ain't cuttin' it!

I have this book, I originally purchased it out of curiosity, but a few areas of the book ending up having an impact on my game. (mental and hands). I don't think this book is out of date, I would love to be able to play as good as him when it was written.

I'll never be able to swing like him, in fact, I don't even try... but if you can approach every shot the same, and with his attitude... that will take your game so much further.

Elements of this book are quite solid, others just seem like filler (the discussion of his workout routine, diet, how to draw & fade, etc). About 1/4 of the book is valuable, such as what to check for on the backswing.

of the golf books i have purchased over the past year, this one has probably been the least helpful/enlightening. that's not to say it's a bad book, it's just definitely not at the top of the pile in my opinion. as someone else said, a lot of it just seems to be filler and the occasional blurb of tiger talking himself up (as if the world doesn't do that enough for him).

I liked the flow of the book and it shows a few great emergency type shots. However, the only thing I dislike about the book is if a golfer does not have good fundamentals they can try some of these shots and screw up parts of their game.

I enjoyed the book but by far the most enlightening and surprising things was a line or two where he commented on how he deals with bad shots. I don’t have the book here so I can’t quote it directly but basically this is what I read:
I wish I could find a way to deal with those situations without being a jerk but I haven't been able to. It's my way of dealing with bad shots and I regret that it offends some people but I have to do what is necessary for my game.
That's like integrity or self awareness or something … well almost Bob Dylan like :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got this book for my birthday and love it. The best golf book I have read in a long time. My chiping skill increased dramaticly. I went and played a differint strokes par 3 golf corse the day after I got it and the holes I usualy bogy I got pars on. The book is great and I recomend it to all.

The first instructional golf book I ever read. It's the reason I use the interlocking grip. It is a little outdated and it would be nice for him to release a new version but still a must read for anyone that loves the game of golf.

Note: This thread is 2241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!