IGNORED

John Deere Classic - who is watching and who will win?

crazygolfguru
Note: This thread is 5425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am curious to know if anyone is paying any attention to the John Deere Classic, or are you all eagerly anticipating the Open Championship next week?

If you are watching, who do you think will win? (By now, you should be able to see Ken Duke, Kenny Perry & Garrett Willis at the top of the board).

Personally, I am rooting for J.B. Holmes this week.

I will watch the Scottish Open first, then the Jamie Farr, then the John Deere if I have time.

After watching J.B. Holmes in the match play event earlier this year and seeing his extremely slow play (rumor has it that his nickname on tour because of his slow play is J.B. = Just Brutal), I just can't root for him. (Also, I just can't seem to get behind players using a belly putter.)

Both. I am anxiously awaiting the British Open and I will be tuning in for some of the John Deere as well. I pretty much pay attention to at least some of every PGA tournament.

As far as a winner, I don't know, Kenny Perry? Doesn't he win all these events now?

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Probably won't watch much of the John Deere this week, but will watch most of the British Open
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I watch every week. Kenny Perry will win of course. But he should be getting ready to play in the Open Championship. This is the best chance of his career (besides the 96 PGA), to win a major and he's not even going.

i was there today and for the pro am. tommy gainey was doing well (-2) but he blew up. i see perry doing well, or jon mills

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Both the Dear John and Scottish open are nice pre game festivites for the Open Championship.

Would like to see Bubba Watson win the JD, and PM win the Scottish.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Kenny Perry is my favorite. A 6-Under, 65 is pretty damn good to start it off. Plus the dude has been stiffing it the entire year. He'll win for sure.

Edit: Oh and Will MacKenzie will also be right up there. Come on, Will!

I'm watching, don't really have a favorite. We have a 1PM tee time for TPC Deer Dun on Monday tho!

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I tried watching the "replay" on the Golf Channel from 8:30-11:30 pm est last night but gave up after I seen the horn warning for weather the third time. I'm not sure if they were having film problems or what but I seen the horn go off three times and then seen the same shots three times and gave up. Were there only 3 guys playing in the tournament or was there some kind of problem with their "coverage"? I'll probably tune in again this evening unless they are going to show me the same stuff from last night.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

Player Today Thru Rank Total
MacKenzie, Will -7 F 1 -13
Wi, Charlie -4 F 2 -11
Adamonis, Brad -5 17 3 -10
Duke, Ken -2 5 T4 -9
Axley, Eric -3 4 T4 -9

This are the current standings (1:38 PM CET)
Going there on Suday, with my two boys, their first PGA tournament!
They cheer for Bubba (they are only 8)
Me, I'll like Perry to win!

Weapons of choice:
Big Bertha 460 Driver
3W Big Bertha (2007)
TaylorMade r7 Draw Rescue Hybrid Wood #3TaylorMade RAC OS 2 IronsMens Vokey Spin Milled Tour 56 & 60PING Karsten Series Anser2 (I like the classic look and feel)Whatever Ball is on sale (currently Pro V1 2007)

Will MacKenzie to the promised land, baby!

I love that dude. Hope he keeps it together after his knee surgery and makes his inevitable money list climb.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Can anyone tell me what the logo on Kirk Triplett's bucket hat is?

Ernst & Young?

I found this info on all of his sponsors. http://golfinvestors.com/players/pro...&type;=sponsors I think it's cool as hell he's sponsored by Tobasco!

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I thought about turning it on yesterday but I would have missed Around the Horn and The Simpsons.
That's too much to ask of me for the Quad Cities Open (I don't care what they call it now).

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Note: This thread is 5425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!