IGNORED

College Football National Champs 2008

etk7027
Note: This thread is 5624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I do too. MSU has a decent defense. But they need some help from the offense. The defense will not be able to stay on the field 70% of the game, week after week. I say GT wins 38 - 3. You going to the game?

Nah, I'll be at the GSU game.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southern Cal

Question

This is the 2008 season. The championship game will be played in 2009. Doesn't that technically mean the winning team will be the 2009 champs?

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

The two-time defending MAC champion is a much more impressive win than Virginia. USC dismantled UVA because they are

Mark Richt and Mike Bobo's horrible play calling will be the down fall of our beloved Dogs this year unless the SC game was all smoke and mirrors. I saw MAYBE 3 pass attempts in which Georgia attempted to just advance the ball up the field to gain first down's etc... 2 of those attempts were dropped by Tripp Chandler which were drive killers. You have one of the most dominate backs in college football right now. Why not give him the ball 25 times a game.

Why not throw a few passes underneath. Maybe a 10 yard out. A couple of quick slants. Get the safties thinking a little bit instead of going for the one strike kill every drive. Don't get me wrong. I know it's Stafford's decision on who he throws the ball to but Mark has to step up and tell the kid to use his progressions and just keep drives moving. Sorry for the rant. Very frustrated Dog fan right now.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

I agree with your last statement.

Just catching up here...

I do agree preseason polls are crap. Voters gave UGA the #1 ranking yet they are now #3 after going 3-0. All because we didn't run up the score versus a AA team and a non BCS team and we struggled against SC. In my opinion there shouldn't be a poll until mid way through the season OR they need to throw out margin of victory in the BCS rankings. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining because I am a dog fan. But the system is broke if ANY team is ranked #1 goes undefeated and drops 2 spots.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

Southern Cal

The victor of the 2009 BCS National Championship Game will win the 2008 BCS Championship.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Georgia is preseason #1 with an impossible schedule. If they make it out with 1 loss, they'll win the national championship.

why are conference championships so important when some conferences don't even play them,...? (OSU)

I do too. MSU has a decent defense. But they need some help from the offense. The defense will not be able to stay on the field 70% of the game, week after week. I say GT wins 38 - 3. You going to the game?

gsu, Am I good or what? Final score 38 - 7. State looking at 1 - 11 this year.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

gsu, Am I good or what? Final score 38 - 7. State looking at 1 - 11 this year.

You're pretty good. My prediction over on the GT board was 35-10 Jackets.

Looks like GT should be 5-1 through the first half. Not good that Nesbitt went down with a hammy though. Luckily the backup can handle thing just fine. A bye week and games against Duke and 1-AA Gardner Webb will be time for Shaw to get acquainted and Nesbitt to rehab.

They still win conference championships. They just don't play an extra game.

point is,... Mizzou was # 1 but we had one more game to play,... the big 12 championship, a tough game against OU,... we lost and then OSU moved ahead of us while they sat on their ass's,...??? I don't get it,...

Mizzou lost 2 times last year both to top 10 teams,... LSU lost to unrated teams (I think) I know they weren't in the top 10,... Arkansas and Kentucky I think,... kentucky may have been # 17 but LSU was like #2 then. Kansas got a beter Bowl game than Mizzou, yet we beat them heads up. That whole sytem is flawed,...

point is,... Mizzou was # 1 but we had one more game to play,... the big 12 championship, a tough game against OU,... we lost and then OSU moved ahead of us while they sat on their ass's,...??? I don't get it,...

I agree.

Boise State.

Doubt it. There have been three (i think) winners in fifty years from schools that are currently outside of the BCS. It definitely won't happen now.

One more reason why Texas Tech's Mike Leach is the greatest, craziest coach in college football.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

point is,... Mizzou was # 1 but we had one more game to play,... the big 12 championship, a tough game against OU,...

You lost twice to Oklahoma. OU spanked you both times you played them, but yes, the system is flawed.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Hey Bulldogs! Hey Bulldogs!
We just beat the hell out of you!
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer, Give em hell Alabama!

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Don't look now, but I think there's a big red elephant in the room.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Doesn't look good for my Gorillas. Lost 35-10 to Northwest Missouri State. Pretty much took care of their National Championship hopes for this year.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Note: This thread is 5624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!