IGNORED

Dick Out

Note: This thread is 3598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you play Dick Out? Do you enforce it?

• We play AND enforce it!
    • We play it, but rarely actually enforce it.
    • We don't play it at all.

Originally Posted by Huffy2k

FTW!

LOL!!

I hadn't read the rest of the thread before I posted that.  I was just praying no one had used that joke yet...

I was at a golf tournament a few years back and I can't recall how "the rule" came up, maybe someone hit a duff short of the tees, but someone in our group joked about "the rule" in the presence of two female volunteers. These were younger ladies that worked for me so when they asked what "the rule" was I passed on telling them, as I tend not to make off colour jokes/comments like that to employees. I said something like "you don't want to know" and every one in our group continued to make jokes about "the rule" with out saying what it was.

As the day passed every one was drinking and having a good time and I guess these ladies kept joking around about the ladies tee rule without ever knowing what it was. As they told me later at dinner, a rather drunk guy tee shot was short of the ladies tee and when they joked about "the rule" he showed them what it was. Lucky for him they were good sports, but they did give me a hard time about not warning them.

• 1 month later...

Played yesterday with another single and a twosome at Rutgers.  The twosome insisted on playing from the scarlet red (back) tees and the other single and I played from the black tees (next up from the red).  The sign at the fist hole clearly shows those back tees are for under 10 handicappers.  Suffice it to say all day long the twosome gave ample evidence that they had no business using those tees.  When we got to the par 5 12th hole one of them flubbed his drive into the trees well short of the ladies tee.  I said nothing to them but watched to see if the dick out sentence would be carried out or at least joked about.  Nothing happened.  In fact the guy proceeded to flub his second shot and was still short of the tees!  Anyway, I thought these two older guys were stubborn about using those back tees.

Note: This thread is 3598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Desire is a necessary component of coming back, but not sufficient.
    • That’s not how that works. As you know.
    • I've done some re working of the trip. I have paid for most of the lodging and actually found a couple rounds on groupgolfer that saved me a few bucks which was nice. I have also worked it out so that I will play 36 a day but one of the 18 I will ride on what I view as the days lesser course and then walk the nicer one. Partly to save more money walking the pricier courses and because I'll be just fine with taking my time and taking in a nicer course. I have a buddy I am trying to talk into going with me but he's getting married this year and dragging him away for 5 days might not go over well with the fiance considering we already have a Vegas trip planned for his bachelor party lol. Supposed to be warm the next few days I'm itching to get out I hope we get an early spring!
    • 102 and no excuses.....Yes the wind was steady to gusting 15-20 mph, the greens were stupid fast and there is still mud in the low lying areas.  Seriously, I thought the day was going to be pretty good as I parred the 1st and then had a wonky drive off two (wound up playing my 2nd from the #8 fairway (which parallels part of the hole), wound up with a quadruple bogie.  Not another par until 13 a par 5.  Best stat of the day -  10 of 14 on fairways hit off the tee.  Putting was better - thanks to better than average chips/pitches that kept me within reason on putting.  Also played with "new to me" irons that I need to change the grips on, they look like they have the original TM grips on them.  Will be interesting to see how they play when the new grips are installed.  Oh well - it was a good day as I got to play in late Feb.     
    • Not a match that I participated in, but I was the official referee (or something?). I don't have that many friends who play golf. Two of them, I'd guess something like 25-35 handicap range (typically score over 100), constantly bicker about who is the better player. So after one particularly contentious round, they agreed to play a high-stakes skins game. I think it might have been $20/skin which is big money compared to their normal $1/skin weekend matches. They also agreed to $100 greenies. It was around the time of the original Match (Tiger vs. Phil), so we called it "shitty Tiger vs. Phil". I don't remember all that much specifically, except the golf was terrible. The high-stakes pressure plus high-handicap golfers was highly entertaining. They were topping tee shots, chunking approaches, and grinding over 4-foot putts for double bogey with multiple skins on the line (I think I was around a 19 handicap at the time, so it's not like I was much better). It was also excessively slow, they only made it through 12 holes before it got too dark to continue. We did not return on another day to finish the match. I think in the end the winner was up $100 or something. No one won a greenie.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Catcher20
      Catcher20
      (31 years old)
    2. FeMan
      FeMan
      (73 years old)
    3. JD15
      JD15
      (56 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...