IGNORED

Dick Out

iacas
Note: This thread is 4744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you play Dick Out? Do you enforce it?

• We play AND enforce it!
    • We play it, but rarely actually enforce it.
    • We don't play it at all.

• Administrator
I suppose you could say we always "play" Dick Out, but we never enforce it. We just use it as another way to rib the guy who didn't make the ladies tee... which happens, at most, two or three times per 400 person-rounds played.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you don't make the ladies tee you should just go home.

I disagree with this statement. I have had a few instances the past year where I didn't get it past the women's tee box, and I either saved par or made bogey. I always try to make the most out of a hole no matter how bad the tee shot is. You drive for show and putt for dough. The tee shot is just one shot.

I think I actually left one short of the ladies tee box at the Newport Cup. As for enforcing it, we never do. It's more of a joke thing when I play with friends. If we did enforce it, my best friend (Indian Sensation here at The Sand Trap) would have to play in the nude pretty much. He has a drive or two every time we play that doesn't make it past the ladies tee box. But he is learning and is trying to minimize his losses.

Weird, I haven't heard "Dick Out", or "D.O." as we used to call it, since my beginning days of golf 18 years ago. Now, I 've heard people mention it 2 times this week. In anycase, no D.O. over hear. Just some serious poop talkin'!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Same here Cody...joked about, but rarely enforced. I've only ever seen one person 'do the deed' and he did it on his own. This guy was having a horrible day and toward the end of the round managed to top one short of the women's tee and pulled it out.

I think it was the only time I saw him smile the entire round.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
Same here Cody...joked about, but rarely enforced. I've only ever seen one person 'do the deed' and he did it on his own. This guy was having a horrible day and toward the end of the round managed to top one short of the women's tee and pulled it out.

Just don't tell me it was your dad. I don't want to think about that as we tear up Lake View next year...

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just don't tell me it was your dad. I don't want to think about that as we tear up Lake View next year...

Nope. This was, of course, college golf.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Years ago a friend of mine held ME to the rule. I promply knocked a 3 wood from the ladies tee on the par 4 onto the green, all with my shorts around my ankles. I made the birdie putt and collected his money...

Years ago a friend of mine held ME to the rule. I promply knocked a 3 wood from the ladies tee on the par 4 onto the green, all with my shorts around my ankles. I made the birdie putt and collected his money...

I bet it was easier to feel which way the breeze was blowing.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I have a couple friends that will totally drop trow when they don't get past the ladies tees. Shorts around the ankles seems to interfere with the follow through. Everyone else I play with just jokes about it.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

• 2 weeks later...
we play it... and enforce it

Driver: Taylormade R7 425, 9.5°
3-Wood: Taylormade R7 steel, 13.5°, Stiff
Irons: 3-5 Mizuno MP 30, 6-P Mizuno MP 32, Dynamic Gold Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 260.10, Cleveland Gun Metal 900 52
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio StainlessBall: Titleist Pro V1Bag: Mizuno AeroliteSocks: nikeGymb...

We don't play it but instead, the one who doesn't get it by the ladies tee has to buy a round of drinks for the group. Sorry but I could not find interest in other men swinging in the breeze. Now if I was with 3 ladies and had to play D.O. then I would probably mishit every tee shot have to play 18 naked.

Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

• 2 months later...
Yeah man we play it and we enforce it. We wait till we get up to the clubhouse then yell "Oi mate, your round, remember #15 tee. The whole clubhouse has a laugh. It's happens to everyone so no one really cares at my club. We always cough up though.

• Administrator
We always cough up though.

You turn your head to the side first, right?

Funny story;The Mrs.and I were playing the Dunes club in Myrtle and they hooked us up with 2 male members of the club.Well low and behold on the famous #15 one of them tops his tee ball and his buddy starts to call it remembers that my wife is there and stops mid sentence.My wife immediatly speaks up and says "OK Pal Drop Em"Well needless to say the rest of the round was more fun than golf and we got invited in for drinks after.{we could'nt stay cause we had another 18 at Tidewater up the road}but I'm sure they will never forget the moment.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Administrator
Funny story;The Mrs.and I were playing the Dunes club in Myrtle and they hooked us up with 2 male members of the club.Well low and behold on the famous #15 one of them tops his tee ball and his buddy starts to call it remembers that my wife is there and stops mid sentence.My wife immediatly speaks up and says "OK Pal Drop Em"Well needless to say the rest of the round was more fun than golf and we got invited in for drinks after...

Right about there I was preparing my "this isn't THAT kind of forum" speech...

• 4 years later...
  • Administrator

This post linked to this post , and the first link in the second post comes to this thread. This thread was famous and didn't know it. :-)

P.S. Yeah, so, I'm pretty sure I win the Thread Revival of the Week award.

Note: This thread is 4744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!