IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Its almost un-American to play a game where you are out after 2 strikes.

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its almost un-American to play a game where you are out after 2 strikes.

Can't argue with that. It's either one and done (which I'm king of...), or three strikes and you're out. What's with the 2 business?!?!

Good point. Can't believe I didn't think of it
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I like the double elimination idea but why use a term like strikes that does not make a lot of sense.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

I just watched the morning replay, and it was a pretty entertaining show. There wasn't a lot of golf played, but it's still an interesting concept. I enjoyed the trivia stuff with Arnold Palmer as well. Also, just watching stressed me out a little. The race against time in a sport like golf is just crazy.

I enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to next week's show.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One thing I enjoyed was the reaction of the players to meeting Arnold Palmer. I thought it was particularly respectful and gracious when the NC boys doffed their caps when speaking to "Mr. Palmer." That made me feel pretty good about those two.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

It might be just me, but I enjoyed the golf trivia segment that Palmer was used in. That to me was the most interesting.

Maybe a golf trivia show would be good for the TGC.

BTW, I guessed correct on whose locker was on each side of Palmer's.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

One thing I enjoyed was the reaction of the players to meeting Arnold Palmer. I thought it was particularly respectful and gracious when the NC boys doffed their caps when speaking to "Mr. Palmer." That made me feel pretty good about those two.

Have to completely agree with you on that point too. I can't believe the brother of the brother sister team didn't even take off his sun glasses! He was indoors for crying out loud!!

It might be just me, but I enjoyed the golf trivia segment that Palmer was used in. That to me was the most interesting.

I can't believe

no one got any of the trivia questions correct. Apollo 1?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Yeah really Apollo 1 was just crazy at least guess a high number one after we landed on the moon.

The other thing I noticed was someone call Arnold Palmer "Arnie" not to his face but its not like you know the guy so respect him.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

I wanted to see more of the golf shots, personally. Half the shots they kind of just ignored or panned the camera to a place they thought it went and then moved on.

Maybe that was in an effort to keep the show seeming frantic.

I'll give it another week, though.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

over all thought it was ok, I'll still DVR it but if I don't watch it the day after I won't be upset at all.....

also the Father Son team of Jay and Peach....wow Jay is a SOB imho, if my Son someday talks to me like he does his Dad I'll back hand him right on the course....what a jerk....

over all thought it was ok, I'll still DVR it but if I don't watch it the day after I won't be upset at all.....

thats what i was thinking. his dad hit an iron pin high on the fringe during the final challenge and he was like "that was a pretty bad shot"

but peach is a knob as well. he yelled at jay for not reading the instructions on going to the challenge hole. hope they get kicked out in other news, was it just me or did every ball hit to the challenge green spin backwards? even raul's spun out of the rough

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

in other news, was it just me or did every ball hit to the challenge green spin backwards? even raul's spun out of the rough

funny you bring that up, when seeing the green imho it looked like a make shift green just for the show and not a normal green...just my opinion though

I liked it. I prefer the Big Break, but this was entertaining. Like someone said previously, I immediately thought Amazing Race meets Big Break.

So far, I'm pulling for the NC boys.

Liked the "run like a fat guy never ran before" comment

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

So far, I'm pulling for the NC boys.

trust me, if they go on to win this thing they won't be calling each other fat again, the way they ran around last night I thought they were going to pass out.....funny to say the least....

I actually like the Brother-Sister combo....a bit on the Nerd side but can play some golf.....

I like the double elimination idea but why use a term like strikes that does not make a lot of sense.

Someone should shoot the producer... the obviously term should have been "mulligan". Can't believe they didn't see/say that.

A little more on the NC boys.
I kinda of liked that the one guy (Parker, I think) duffed two tee shots. Made me feel like he was one of "us" (Says, the newbie referring primarily to his own golf game).

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

Actually I like those guys too - very down to earth.

Keri seems like a great host as well - fresh, alive and vibrant. I had a chance to chat with her for a few minutes for an interview today - she's one busy lady!

Funny how there was a trivia contest and she hosts a trivia game on Golfnow.com. Coincidence?

Cheers
Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!